Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl power tools in store next week

• 27-03-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought the Cordless Multi-Grinder and/or Angle Grinder on offer in Lidl next week? If so are they fit for purpose and durable?

The job I have in mind is cutting a section out of a laminated floor in situ creating as little dust as possible. Would either of these be suitable?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I have no idea whether or not the Lidl tools are any good, although they are usually not bad for DIY work. However, all angle grinders create a lot of dust and I have not come across them being used to cut laminate -- they run too fast and will burn the material. Also, generally as far as I am aware, the only cutting disks for them are either for metal or stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Yorky wrote: »
    Has anyone bought the Cordless Multi-Grinder and/or Angle Grinder on offer in Lidl next week? If so are they fit for purpose and durable?

The job I have in mind is cutting a section out of a laminated floor in situ creating as little dust as possible. Would either of these be suitable?

Thanks in advance.

The multi grinder is just like a dremmel tool ,they're mostly for hobby stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

If you want to cut a laminate floor the best tool to use is an exact saw.
    I done this very same job a while ago with the exact saw. It done a very neat cut and has a dust bag to collect dust. You can buy it in
    B & Q for 99 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Thanks, what is an exact saw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭SteM

slimjimmc wrote: »

+1 on this. Used it on laminate flooring about 6 months ago and it gives a good, neat finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

An exact saw is a small hand held electric saw. It comes with 3 blades for cutting different materials, The circular blades are only about 3 inches in dia.
    It works by plunge cutting into the material and then running along your line of cut. You can view it on the jml channel on satellite tv.

Thanks. Some reviews are not very favourable for the exakt saw but would this do the job? www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Decker-Lithium-Cordless-Cutsaw/dp/B002BA58KY/ref=pd_bxgy_diy_img_b

The reviews seem to be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,129 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I bought the Lidl Dremel-a-like tool 2 years ago, used it a couple of times, it's scrap now as the battery is leaking and the guarantee doesn't cover the battery. The stupid thing is that there's no reason not to have it powered off a mains transformer instead of a battery - having it cordless is pointless.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 andykells

Lidl tools are generally fine for diy jobs. Have a circular saw from there and never any problems.

• Advertisement

For cutting laminated floor in situ would the electric sabre saw in Lidl next week be suitable?

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20100419.p.Electric_Sabre_Saw

Advertisement