Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant conect to any server

Options
  • 27-03-2010 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i bought this game solely for the multi-player for the PC and i cant connect to any server. How did some people manage to fix this.
    i spent a day brousing through Google and it seems lots of people are in the same boat as me.
    tried port settings on computer, router
    updating the game
    reinstalling the game
    disabled firewall
    etc

still cant connect to one server?
    what troubles me is some people can play on the servers what settings have they that are different to mine.

if no fix in the next few weeks ill try to get my money back and never ever buy an EA game again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yes I am having the same problem, its really frustrating but I think I finally got a permemant fix for it today. I got BF BC2 today for the xbox. I havent tried loging in with it yet, will do after work. But im convinced this will fix my problem.
    Ill come back the the PC version and try log in every monday after the weekly patch. Eventually it will get fixed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Surely you would try log in more then weekly if you really want to play?

As for the xbox version being a replacement, not a hope mate.
    My young lad plays it on the 360 and it runs at a lowly 30fps, not hugely noticeable with the slow motion of a joypad but noticeable all the same.
    Not to mention how much they dumbed it down.
    One bullet from any weapon = a kill , and thats in normal mode not to mention noobcore :)

I understand your frustration lads but most people that have had this issue got it sorted via port settings o their router etc.
    Are you 100% sure you have done so correctly?

The reason i ask is i had a similar issue with MW2 when i couldnt get NAT settings to Open no matter what i did.
    It surens out i was doing all the port settings correctly but i wasnt actually going back to custom services and manually enabling these services.
    Its all well and good making these services but if you dont manually enable them in the "define custom services" part of NAT (Games and Other Services) , thats the mistake i made with MW2.

Spooky if you can play on xbox and not pc just make sure as i said abouve you have manually assigned these cistom services.
    When i had my MW2 issues with a strict NAT on pc both our 360s had open NAT which lead me to believe it was indeed a custom serivice issue.

Just a hunch is all guys.

Hope yas get sorted soon.

ITS AN ALTERNITAVE AND I ONLY GET 30 TO 40 FPS ON MY PC ANYWAYS. IVE TRIED EVERY DAY THIS WEEK and got in twice.
    im not gona waste time checking it every day now that i can play it on console now.

And yes I have my PC open on to the net with no proctcion at all no anti virus, no fire wall and have that PC`s local ip in the router DMZ.

BTW sorry about caps this virtual windows can be a bit uncontrolable at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Theres clearly something wrong at your end, no point in blaming the game. Loads of us playing day in day out without any issues so its either your net setup, ie router and or firewall, or your machine.

Its a bit silly to blame EA/Dice when its not their fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 useasterntime

well i finally got it to work today
    not only did i a have to put in port settings i also had to disable firewall on router.
    i am guessing theres some settings in the router blockin it
    i have a netopia router
    eircom connection
    anyone else have to mess with the router

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ITS AN ALTERNITAVE AND I ONLY GET 30 TO 40 FPS ON MY PC ANYWAYS. IVE TRIED EVERY DAY THIS WEEK and got in twice.
    im not gona waste time checking it every day now that i can play it on console now.

Fair enough mate, if your happy to play on console then your sorted.

I still cant figure out how or why your having issues.
    I admit a lot have had connection issues but most seem to be sorted now,i rarely see posts on the official forums nowadays ,then again i could be just missing them as i havent being looking for them.
    well i finally got it to work today
    not only did i a have to put in port settings i also had to disable firewall on router.
    i am guessing theres some settings in the router blockin it
    i have a netopia router
    eircom connection
    anyone else have to mess with the router

I had no problem with BC2 but yes i had to make changes for MW2.
    The eircom netopias are not great but im still using mine, just ask Fairy what he thinks about them :)

well I played it on the xbox yesterday no problems at all conected in no bothers and game was fine. Using the joy pad was the only negitive, over all I thought was was better than the PC.
    None of that crappy smoke and dust all over the place so you could see what was going on. It has much less effects than the PC version and lower res and all. The PC is technically better just its too over the top on efffects.

I did try yesterday to get on with the PC before I played the xbox and again I lost another 15 mins of my live watching it 'GETTING STATS' I must make sure my local IP hasent changed, if it has my DMZ setting would be usless.

Advertisement