Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shutter Island your views...

Options
  • 27-03-2010 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey all,
    my first post here...i'm not sure if i'm posting it in the right forum but any replies would be appreciated....is Shutter Island a film to see in the cinema? or would it be best to wait for the DVD to come out? Some of my friends had mixed reviews about it...so now i'd like to hear what the general public would have to say about it :-) Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I saw it last week, I was impressed and was genuinely surprised at the twist which is a change to most films. I thought it was worth seeing in the cinema, saw it in the Gate Cinema on North Main St, the experience was somewhat detracted from however by the strong smell of urine in the room :mad:!

That said you should try in the Film forum for better answers, Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

It's really good. Its quite dark and really keeps you enthralled the whole way through. But it kinda depends on the type of movies you are usually interested in too I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I saw it last week at Mahon Point and really enjoyed it. Its a long movie but it really keeps your attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I saw it.... I thought it was a decent enough movie that played with your mind which I like most of the time! Not when I am looking to sit there and switch off lol!

You should go and see it however I do not feel it is something you need to see in the cinema, you will not lose anything by watching it on DVD...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

its a good movie. well worth seeing unlike I love you phillip morris.

btw, there is a fairly active film forum. probably better off there

EDIT
    ----
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055589668

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Cleopatra_Rebel

Cheers..yes the 'Film' Forum has been suggested to me....i might remember it exists next time i go posting something about movies! lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Saw it last week,thought it was really good.

Advertisement