Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No love for HD remix?

Options
  • 27-03-2010 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

I noticed HD remix is rarely discussed,even third strike and hyper fighting gets more time. There's no online player sticky for it either. Is the general opinion that it's inferior to the original ST?
    Did Sirloin become too egotistical with his creative influence?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I don't get the hate for it.

There a few small technical issues with it (Slightly more on the PS3 version). But otherwise I don't see any issues with it.

People complain that the sprites are bad but I don't see how they could be better. There are merely HD version of the old sprites.

Balance wise it seems no worse than ST. Yeah they didn't get Akuma fixed but again thats no worse than ST did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I've been getting back into HD Remix myself lately. Even though I like SF4, I don't think it properly rewards attacking play - against certain characters it's very difficult to maintain any sort of pressure, thanks to the ultras, easy reversals and weak throws.

In HD Remix, on the other hand, you have a lot more tools to deal with turtles - if you throw someone they take damage whether or not they tech, the reversal window is only one or two frames and once they're down to less than half health they can't use the threat of an ultra to eliminate most of your attacking options like some characters can in SF4.

I main Dee Jay and play a bit of Ryu and Guile - my XBL gamertag is the same as my username here.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

i love hd remix but i am terrible at it..
    as far as love for the game goes i love it cos its sf but i didn take sf serious till alpha so i dont play much cos i just get beaten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I'm going to play some now,if anyone's up for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'm always up for some HDR when I've time, live tag is username.

Old SFs are just plain more fun IMO, SF4 feels like a chore to play a lot of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Just added you. Lymsleia is my live username. Yeah, a part of me still thinks hyper fighting is the best overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

As Azza says, HDRemix sucks on PSN -- it's badly coded.
    Didn't help that Europe had to wait an extra 3-4months, too.

And it's not on GGPO, so vanilla ST & 3rd Strike it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I love my HD remix, problem is that its hard to convert over from SF4 and vice versa. Like to go on a binge of remix now and then though!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed. I played it solidly for several weeks when it was released. But then sf4 came out and I haven't touched it since. And that was over a year ago. Shame really. It was good. And dhalsim was a very different beast to his sf4 incarnation. He had good drills! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I played it from release day up until sf4 came out and never really went back. Its too hard to go between both for me. I always try dashing and throwing like in sf4 and even focusing sometimes. Ive played way too much sf4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

kneecaps loves his hdr, he's not been on here for awhile.

I've nothing against it, have it on psn, I just like sf3 and sf4 more is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I actually prefer HD Remix to SFIV.

That's probably because I lost an entire summer of my childhood playing Hyper Fighting on the Megadrive.

I'd also be slightly more confident in my abilities than I would be for IV.

XBL: CunningPlanners

Advertisement