Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT PORTFOLIO SCORES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭BlueNemo

Chorcai wrote: »
    You could be onto something there, is there any name on the score sheets people got back ? (just use initals) Maybe some one had a pissy day ? If J.K(eg) scored a lot of people low marks, ye could have a case.

This morning I got a letter from DIT offering a place to me.

It would be pretty typical that the signature is virtually impossible to read. I wouldn't even call it a signature, it's a wavy line. There's actually 2, so unless 2 people were very annoyed :rolleyes:

Congrats on being offered a place though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

BlueNemo wrote: »
    It would be pretty typical that the signature is virtually impossible to read. I wouldn't even call it a signature, it's a wavy line. There's actually 2, so unless 2 people were very annoyed :rolleyes:

Congrats on being offered a place though :)

I would ring up/write do what ever, after two years of work you shouldn't let this drop. Where else have you applied for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 _kayla_

well done on getting your place btw! did anyone else get letters ? cant wait to get iadt scores nw wait and see the jump in the marks applyed last year and got an extra 300 points in the difference madness! anyone else apply to limerick?:)

I would ring up/write do what ever, after two years of work you shouldn't let this drop. Where else have you applied for ?

DIT, Limerick, Cork, Athlone. I'm waiting to hear back from the other 3 colleges, see what marks they give me, to see if DIT were right in giving me the marks that they did. Or lack of them might be a better way to phrase it :rolleyes:

_kayla_ wrote: »
    well done on getting your place btw! did anyone else get letters ? cant wait to get iadt scores nw wait and see the jump in the marks applyed last year and got an extra 300 points in the difference madness! anyone else apply to limerick?

Thanks Kayla, I'm in Limerick on the 22nd. Never been there but an old friend of mine went there, she loved it.

DIT, Limerick, Cork, Athlone. I'm waiting to hear back from the other 3 colleges, see what marks they give me, to see if DIT were right in giving me the marks that they did. Or lack of them might be a better way to phrase it :rolleyes:

Are you a mature student or a student with LC (under 23), I did heard from Cork already, not sure if its mature student thing though.

• Advertisement

Are you a mature student or a student with LC (under 23), I did heard from Cork already, not sure if its mature student thing though.

Student.. I missed the submission day for Cork because DIT had my portfolio (tut).. they said they'll arrange a date for me to drop it in after Easter. I should be hearing from them once all the colleges go back. If not they'll be getting an email everyday until they do :)

Does anyone know when Limerick get back to you??

Interesting development, I recieved an email today, from DIT. It appears someone from DIT read my posts here, and emailed me saying they've forwarded my initial email to yet another lecturer in the department. Hopefully I might start gettin answers.

On another note, has anyone applied anywhere that doesn't use a portfolio, such as Waterford? I did, maybe I'll have some luck there.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

Interesting development, I recieved an email today, from DIT. It appears someone from DIT read my posts here, and emailed me saying they've forwarded my initial email to yet another lecturer in the department. Hopefully I might start gettin answers.

On another note, has anyone applied anywhere that doesn't use a portfolio, such as Waterford? I did, maybe I'll have some luck there.:)

They E-mailed you?! :eek: Please let me know how that goes.. Might get some answers at last :D

dan759 wrote: »
    They E-mailed you?! :eek: Please let me know how that goes.. Might get some answers at last :D

I've had a quite a few emails from them actually.... Haven't you guys heard anything??

Mostly its my emails gettin forwarded to different lecturers/departments.. But at least it's something.

I haven't heard a thing from them since i got my score.. Any replies from the photography department itself?

• Advertisement

I hope this works out !! See it pays to be on the interwebs sometimes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I've had a quite a few emails from them actually.... Haven't you guys heard anything??

Mostly its my emails gettin forwarded to different lecturers/departments.. But at least it's something.

I've emailed them a few times, had emails forwarded as well, but not one reply :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

gcd is also a choice. i applied for gcd and dit, got both, but went for gcd in the end due to fact i was paying fees, as i had a previous degree. its 5k a year, but alot more studio based than dit. any questions fire me a pm

I haven't heard a thing from them since i got my score.. Any replies from the photography department itself?

Mine's been forwarded to every art-related department in DIT it seems. I didnt apply for a photography course so my emails wouldn't have been directly emailed to them.. I think.

Just keep trying:rolleyes:

I hope this works out !! See it pays to be on the interwebs sometimes :P

Thank you! I'm surprised they managed to firstly find me, search for my name, find my email address (boards and DIT have 2 different ones) AND email me. Fair play on their part.

gcd is also a choice. i applied for gcd and dit, got both, but went for gcd in the end due to fact i was paying fees, as i had a previous degree. its 5k a year, but alot more studio based than dit. any questions fire me a pm

Griffith College? Yanno for some reason I'd rather not :rolleyes:. They dont even have my course anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maisie

Hi Chorcai. Just wondering what course you were offered a place on? I thought all offers had to go through the CAO in August. My daughter scored 600 so is pretty happy that her place is ok, but now I am wondering if they have actually offered places already ? She scored 600 for the 3 courses she applied for but Vis Com is her first choice.

By the way folks, I got a lovely little email from DIT today, saying the person they've forwarded my email to should be able to give me answers, and they showed real concern about my situation after the work I've put in. Nice reply actually, it made me think all is not lost :).

If I hear anything (I was told it might take time as lecturers are off for Easter), I'll be sure to post up any useful information on here.

Maisie wrote: »
    Hi Chorcai. Just wondering what course you were offered a place on? I thought all offers had to go through the CAO in August. My daughter scored 600 so is pretty happy that her place is ok, but now I am wondering if they have actually offered places already ? She scored 600 for the 3 courses she applied for but Vis Com is her first choice.

I got a letter of an offer, I still apply via CAO. Also I am a mature student so it is slightly differant. I also PM'd you a longer reply.

Hey bluenemo, could you PM me that guys email so i can send them a mail myself :o I'm shocked they've seen this thread to begin with lol. Fair play to that guy

• Advertisement

Hey bluenemo, could you PM me that guys email so i can send them a mail myself :o I'm shocked they've seen this thread to begin with lol. Fair play to that guy

Dan (mind if I call ya Dan?:rolleyes:), I'd just advise ya to email the admissions office first thing Monday morning when they're back from the Easter break, I dont actually have their email addresses, just the names of the person it was forwarded too!

Quick question, who here HAS recieved a score, but just isnt happy with it:mad:... And who recieved a big fat zero?:(

Yeah call me Dan, Thats me name after all :P lol

Yeah thats grand, i'll e-mail them over the weekend then.

I got 300/600 ... I know I should be happy to at least get a score.. but as i've said already, i've seen some of the portfolios that scored higher.. and it was awful! :mad: Surely they score higher for better ability & creativity? (at least they say they do anyway)

Yeah call me Dan, Thats me name after all :P lol

Yeah thats grand, i'll e-mail them over the weekend then.

I got 300/600 ... I know I should be happy to at least get a score.. but as i've said already, i've seen some of the portfolios that scored higher.. and it was awful! :mad: Surely they score higher for better ability & creativity? (at least they say they do anyway)

Nice to meet you Dan, feel free to call me Nemo.

I first emailed them 10 minutes after opening my letter from them. I was desperate for some answers :rolleyes:haha

Wow 300 out of 600? Well done! Regardless of someone doing 'better then you', I'd say you should be pretty damn proud of you marks! I think it must really take something to impress DIT, and you were obviously half-way there :P.

I'm (ashamed to say) I'm one of the people who recieved a rather big "unsuccessful" mark. Man I must be determined to get into this college if I'm still fighting for a place after recieving that mark for 2 years running.

If anyone knows of anyone else who applied to DIT, do you think you could let them know about this thread? I'd like to just see how some other people got on and what they think of their results. Thanks :)

Hi Nemo! ha

I'm still not happy with my 300 though :o Though im always very patricular about tests and whatnot..

I'm doing a PLC at the minute and only 2 out of the 9 people in my class that applied got a score. the rest got unsuccesful too :(

I'm not sure if it is a good thing i got a score. Other people in my class had Very strong portfolios. I was in shock to hear how they all did. I really do think they have a random choosing method! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 _kayla_

did anybody else hear anything ? did anyone apply to viscom in iadt ? there seems to be a lot applying for this course this year.

Hi Nemo! ha

I'm still not happy with my 300 though :o Though im always very patricular about tests and whatnot..

I'm doing a PLC at the minute and only 2 out of the 9 people in my class that applied got a score. the rest got unsuccesful too :(

I'm not sure if it is a good thing i got a score. Other people in my class had Very strong portfolios. I was in shock to hear how they all did. I really do think they have a random choosing method! lol

Hey Nemo sounds better then my actual name anyday :rolleyes:.

You should be happy! I know its probably not as high as you wanted, but at least it's something. I've still gotta go back to my PLC and find out how my classmates did, a few of them ahd excellent portfolios so I'm curious to see how they got on!

Its a good thing you got a score! How could it not be?! Have you been offered a place yet?

_kayla_ wrote: »
    did anybody else hear anything ? did anyone apply to viscom in iadt ? there seems to be a lot applying for this course this year.

I heard that too, apparently there was more people applying to IADT and less for DIT this year... Wonder if it's true.

Nope, And to be honest i don't think i'll get offered one either :( i think you need to be scoring about 400 to get offered a place

Nope, And to be honest i don't think i'll get offered one either :( i think you need to be scoring about 400 to get offered a place

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that :(. Its like you've just gotten your foot in the door and they shut you out again by not offering a place!

Have you applied anywhere else?

• Advertisement

IADT and Whales.

I'm dying to hear back from IADT at this stage lol. I wanna see if they score me low too.. then i can be sure its something in my portfolio rather than something unknown :o

Advertisement