Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT PORTFOLIO SCORES

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

You really cant call it. I havent looked at the last few years for fine art but I know people that have gotten 600 points in portfolios and not gotten it because they didnt do well in the exams and visa versa people who did averag ein portfolios did great in exams.

In 2010 it was 785. I reckon go for as many points as you can. It will probably be over 800 any ways I reckon. Not sure exactly how high it will go. There are 10% more people or there abouts applying to college this year bu that doesnt mean points will go up by 10%. People could score better or worse in exams and that 10% may be in a specific area so it could be that twice as many people are applying for say engineering and less people are applying for fine art or visa virsa. Just give it our best, thats all you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Indeeedy

I got 350 in photography. very disappointed :( Is there even a point thinking theres a chance of interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

Indeeedy wrote: »
    I got 350 in photography. very disappointed :( Is there even a point thinking theres a chance of interview?

I got 350 too and have an interview after Easter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Indeeedy

annex wrote: »
    I got 350 too and have an interview after Easter :D
    So did some1 else I know, but they were a mature student..are you? I never got a letter though..Might just ring them..hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shacla

Yeah i got 425/600 in photography DIT...really cant tell if its good or not :/ anyone have any ideas about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

Hey, was just wondering did anyone else have a huge difference in portfolio score from DIT and IADT? I got 500 in DIT and 300 in IADT and a girl in my class got 300 in DIT and only 150 in IADT!

Erm well I did better in IADT than in DIT i got 425 in DIT and 480 in IADT...I wish they would tell us how they mark it :/ and em do you know when we hear about interviews?

Me and my friend were applying for Visual Communications, maybe the person who looks at those portfolios is really particular :P

I don't know anything about interviews sorry, I got an offer from DIT like 2 days after I got my portfolio results.

Ah that scares me now ive applied for photography and havent heard anything since i got my results...is the visual communication a combination of portfolio and lc results or just portfolio?

Yea they look at your lc results too unless your a mature student.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 mc_coster

Jonesy3110 wrote: »
    Hey, was just wondering did anyone else have a huge difference in portfolio score from DIT and IADT? I got 500 in DIT and 300 in IADT and a girl in my class got 300 in DIT and only 150 in IADT!

last year i got 450 in DIT n 300 in IADT....im in vis com in IADT now and most people in my course had huge differences in their points so its noting to worry about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

Does anybody know when they are likely to tell us if we got a place or not? The waiting is killing me ;)

Advertisement