Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Display issues! Video card or cables?

• 27-03-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Bought a new case, transferring everything across but now seem to have a problem with my display. It seems to be scrambled, I tried restarting and it was back to normal then it went scrambled again. See below:

This is how I connected it which I think maybe wrong? Its an ATI 4800 card.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Looks to me like the monitor can't support the screen resolution. Try restart in SafeMode with F8 while booting. Then check the resolution in the Settings tab of Display Properties.

I can't comment on the connections, except to say if it worked once the way you have it plugged in its probably right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Looks to me like the monitor can't support the screen resolution. Try restart in SafeMode with F8 while booting. Then check the resolution in the Settings tab of Display Properties.

I can't comment on the connections, except to say if it worked once the way you have it plugged in its probably right.
    No it's not the resolution as it's at its native resolution!

I can't remember what way I had the cables connected in the previous case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I suppose you could try reseating the card. Apart from that and the res, can't think of anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I removed all cards except the video card and reset the bios and that did the trick!

Advertisement