Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kamal Ibrahim, Mr Limerick, Mr Ireland, and now MR. WORLD!

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Berty wrote: »
    I never knew his parents.

I wasn't there when he was born either.

I was simply pointing out what he said on the radio as somebody above had suggested he was from Shannon.

They said he lives in Shannon.

Im from Shannon, lived there for 24 years. I now live in Corbally but im not going to claim im from here all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Berty wrote: »
    I never knew his parents.

I wasn't there when he was born either.

I was simply pointing out what he said on the radio as somebody above had suggested he was from Shannon.
    Melion wrote: »
    They said he lives in Shannon.

Im from Shannon, lived there for 24 years. I now live in Corbally but im not going to claim im from here all of a sudden.

There is absolutely no suggestion that Berty knows Melion's Parents or that he cried for 20 minutes after cutting her Umbilical Cord when he was present at her birth.....
    Fantastic summary of that column, its in the independent. I read it once and was left thinking exactly as you have put it, it is basically an advertising column.

Yeah its a funny territory aimed at separating Idiots from their disposable income.

- What I find much worse is when Business Owners pay an actual 'Journalist' (I know, am using the term loosely) to write about how they experienced fantastic value/service/products etc. etc. in whatever Restaurant or Shop - Strangely in the Limerick Papers they often forget to add the tiny, played down "Advertising Feature" caption that is supposed to be clearly visible to the reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

he's not on that column, that'd be greg ryan. Kamal writes for the chronicle, its more a fashion column.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭missyfirefly

Just saw this feature about him winning this in the chronicle.

Phwoaaaarrrr is all I have to say about that Thomondgate hottie!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

zuroph wrote: »
    Original Sponsor didnt book his flights, left him high and dry, so old quarter stepped in and paid for his flights.

I too was gutted when my sponsor didn't book my flights, leaving me high and dry, I kept waiting for another sponsor to step in as I patiently oiled my Abs and flexed my huge coconut Biceps :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »
    I too was gutted when my sponsor didn't book my flights, leaving me high and dry, I kept waiting for another sponsor to step in as I patiently oiled my beerbelly and flexed my huge peanut Biceps :(

Fixed that for you.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Kess73 wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.:p
    one of the funniest things Ive ever read on boards.ie, thanks for that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Congrats to Kemal! I have to say, I've had the pleasure of working with him before, and he's a really nice guy, so down to earth and sound out :)

Shame on the sponsor that let him down, I'm sure they're kicking themselves now..

Let's hope he makes the most of his position and gets some great oppertunities from it ;)

Yep that Jimmy. Little man who was as broad as he was tall. :D

But when you consider that guys the size of Lou Ferringo or a young Arnold Schwarzenegger competed in the Mr Olympia/Mr Universe contests, then it is not really a surprise that Jimmy did not get far.

They're all nearly a foot taller than Jimmy, so would be in a different weight division anyway ;)

He ranked 11th in the world in his division at one point, so not so bad from a Limerick man :)

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    They're all nearly a foot taller than Jimmy, so would be in a different weight division anyway ;)

He ranked 11th in the world in his division at one point, so not so bad from a Limerick man :)

His highest ranking was a good achievement full stop.

• Advertisement

His highest ranking was a good achievement full stop.

Indeed ;)

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Indeed ;)

Am chuckling away now at the thought of the size difference between Jimmy and a peak Lou Ferrigno. :D

Paint Jimmy green so that they could be Hulk and son. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Well Done Kamal! Proud to know ya kiddo :D

Who by the was WAS BORN and GREW UP in LIMERICK!!!!

There's always someone who wants to bring Limerick and Limerick people down! tut!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

This was on RTÉ 2 tonight. Came across as a really genuine guy and had a great rapport with all the lads. Well done.

Advertisement