Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone not picking up coverage

• 27-03-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

Hey all ,
    Dropped my phone in water for a few seconds ,after a few days of drying it is working again ,except its not picking up phone coverage at all.

I used rice to drag the moisture out of the phone , which did a good job
    Only thing I regret now is that i used a blow dryer on it on a hot setting , maybe this is what damaged the phone signal.
    Anyways is the phone gone beyond repair since it has no coverage?
    Thanks
    By the way my sim card works on another phone so its not the sim card.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Will be hard to tell tbh, it will have to be sent it for a look. Send or bring it to fonemenders or mobile phone repair company in sandyford and they will check it out for you.

They will know it was water damaged and your warranty will be voided straight away, but they can do a repair for you at your expense. They will give you a quote first in any case so you can say yay or neigh. Sadly they might ask for 80 or 90 euro

Advertisement