Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computer won't load past windows xp start up screen

• 27-03-2010 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Please bear with me as I try to explain the problem!

I tried to start my PC today and I keep getting a screen asking me to choose either to start up in: safe mode, last known configuraton or normal window startup. I have tried all three only to get as far as the screen showing the windows xp logo and time-strip thingy that seems to be as normal and then the computer switches off and loads the error screen with the options again.

I take it that I will have to take my PC to the local computer guy, as I don't have the original window xp disc to try and re-boot the system.

2 questions: is this gonna cost me bundles? and will I lose all my pics and music I have on file?

Thanks in advance.:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Its a 10 min fix tbh, boot machine into repair console and do a chkdsk /r and then fixmbr & fixboot, this usually fixes this issue but might not. It should cost around €40 - €60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I tell you one thing you SHOULDNT do, that download windows illegally for nothing and use that instead of paying for a new boot disk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭fakefurbabe

I tell you one thing you SHOULDNT do, that download windows illegally for nothing and use that instead of paying for a new boot disk!

Sorry, but I have moved country since buying this PC, so it's not the only thing lost in transit. Think before you post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭fakefurbabe

Its a 10 min fix tbh, boot machine into repair console and do a chkdsk /r and then fixmbr & fixboot, this usually fixes this issue but might not. It should cost around €40 - €60

Thanks for your quick reply, I'll let you know how I get on.

Advertisement