Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Model making supplies - Foamex board.

Options
  • 27-03-2010 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to buy Foamex board for architectural model making. Does anyone know of anyplace in Ireland that supplies 3mm thick sheets of it?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

If you mean the foam with card (foamboard?) on the outside try Evans. If it is just the foam try Green Hobby & Model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

foamex is a hard PVC board. It cuts very easily with a scalpel and the cut side has the same quality as the surface. It's very good for seemless corners with the right tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Signmaking suppliers do have any thickness you need, ehm 2, 5, 10, 12, 18 mm and it comes in 4x8 ft sheets.
    If you don't need such a large sheet, I'm pretty sure that some of the local signmakers will be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

FiSe wrote: »
    Signmaking suppliers do have any thickness you need, ehm 2, 5, 10, 12, 18 mm and it comes in 4x8 ft sheets.
    If you don't need such a large sheet, I'm pretty sure that some of the local signmakers will be able to help.

Thanks, didn't think of that I'll try signmakers in my area.

Advertisement