Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent help needed

Options
  • 27-03-2010 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

My minature poodle had 4 pups last Sunday. One died yesterday and another one nearly today. It seems that the mothers milk has dried up. I am trying to hand feed them. I know to get a whelping bitch, would be much better. Is there anyone out there that could help me. I live in Cavan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

I'd advise you to bring your bitch and the pups to a vet and get them all checked out. Could be a serious problem there, I'd get them checked to be on the safe side.
    How does the bitch seem - does she appear to be sick herself?
    Did the pups die suddenly or were they weak for a few days? Were they eating up until they did ? Were they yelping ?
    Were all the pups born normal and then deteriorated ?
    There's a condition called fading puppy syndrome which I would be worried about, it unfortunately is fatal and the entire litter may be lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 greensleep

The bitch is fine in her self. She just doesn't seem to be producing enough milk. We have hand fed them and now they seem to be normal little puppies. But if we don't feed them they will fade and die. Lying happily with mummy now. Want to make sure she cleans them even though we are doing it as well. Gave her some lactol puppy feed also to help bring her milk in better. All her nipples seem good no scabs, they are suckling off her but just not getting enough.

Advertisement