Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2010 Boards forecast contest

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Sunday May 16th is the beginning of the GAA Football Season. Armagh V Derry.

Saturday May 22nd is the beginning of the GAA Hurling Season. Laois V Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Rainfall in Claremorris on May 5th (if any!)

nearest in mm e.g.

hmmm around midmonth?

max temp in ireland (5 stations) on may 15th?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Let's go with the event on the 22nd, so which official station for the max temp? Oak Park?

You guys should start playing on ice, that way there's a trip to the Winter Olympics in it. Over here, we all grew up playing road hockey which is probably a bit like hurling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Final April mean temp of the 5 centrally located Met Eireann stations finished at 8.9c, which is a full 1.0c above the 61-90 norm. First month of 2010 to finish with a positive anomaly. :) Congrats to Seafields and TheTonyator!

This anomaly was more on the strength on the final mean maxima, which was close to 2.0c above normal; combined mean minima was more modest, finishing at just 0.3c above normal. The west of the area was the warmest during April, while the east side was relatively cooler, with Casement's final value of 7.5c being the coolest of the 5 stations used for the comp.

Not used as part of the competition but the final mean rainfall total for the month at our 5 met stations finished at 58.4mm, which is 103% of the 61-90 total. Despite this figure, rainfall fell on just a few days with a good stretch of dryness through the middle of the month:

112524.jpg

Like the temp figures, there was a clear discrepancy in rainfall totals across the land, with the west being wetter and drier the further east one was to travel.

M.T will have all the other finishing stats on Tuesday, when the met summary for the month is released.

All stats c/o met eireann

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

another awful scoring month for me. looks like i'll be vying for last place after this month:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Good evening, just to let you all know, I didn't forget, the final figures are in and they are:

Mean monthly temp (confirming DE's figure) 8.9 C

Max for the month 19.6 C (11th, Claremorris)

Min for the month -3.8 C (21st, Dublin)

Rainfall average 96% of normal

Sunshine average 132% of normal

bonus question 8.8 C

So, scoring will be announced soon in the annual scoring thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Good evening, just to let you all know, I didn't forget, the final figures are in and they are:

Mean monthly temp (confirming DE's figure) 8.9 C 7.8

Max for the month 19.6 C (11th, Claremorris) 19.9

Min for the month -3.8 C (21st, Dublin) -3.3

Rainfall average 96% of normal 90

Sunshine average 132% of normal 120

bonus question 8.8 C 8.2

So, scoring will be announced soon in the annual scoring thread.

Didn't do to bad apart from my pathetic mean temp forecast, not even within 1 degree :o

Ya did well Jerry. I made a complete hash on my debut. Second last. the only way is up. However on the plus side got points for everything except min temp. Find it hard to do that one really. That night of minus 3.8 really was a chilly one in Dublin.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

by the way what has been the lowest recorded temperature so far this month?

oops. I meant to post this in the May contest thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭Speak Now

by the way what has been the lowest recorded temperature so far this month?

oops. I meant to post this in the May contest thread.

Saw 0.3 at Casement but i missed a days data so not sure if this is the lowest yet.

Advertisement