Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaelic Telecom Broadband?

• 27-03-2010 6:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

My friend has Gaelic Telecom broadband and today asked me to take a look at his laptop as he thought it had a virus. I subsequently connected the laptop to my wifi and it worked fine at my house and I removed the typical yahoo and avg crapware toolbars and installed Firefox and it was flying on the net no problems.

He thought he had a virus as there was some error message from Imagine coming up on his screen everytime and no connectivity. I didn't see the message as he lives a good bit away and was visiting and I told him bring the lappy for me to take a look at it.

I think that he has some problem with his ISP because are Gaelic Telecom like an agent or broker for Imagine? His laptop looks fine so I think everything is ok making it an ISP issue. He was with Perlico previously, and are Perlico now part of Vodafone Home or are they still seperate?

Advertisement