Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best replacement pups for strat?

• 27-03-2010 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I'm playing a japanese strat with standard pickups through a mid nineties fender twin which sounds really nice clean, but I'm sure there's a lot more to be got with a good set of pickups. I'd really appreciate some opinions on what's the best option

I tried emg sa x which were no good for me, they're active pickups and they just dominated the whole sound, killed all that fender magic

I base everything on the clean sound, use a pete cornish for od, so the best possible clean sound is what I'm after...

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Kinman...cost a pretty penny though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

king-stew wrote: »
    Kinman...cost a pretty penny though

+1 on the Kinmans. I would also recommend the Dimarzio Area 67 pickups, first noiseless pickups I've heard that actually sound like proper single coils.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭K0K0

thanks for that guys, I'll check em out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

Lindy fralin

noisier than kinman - but way better tone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Put a new set of Tonerider Blues pickups in my Korean squire Strat last week and the improvement is chalk and cheese. The do a traditional Vintage set and a City Limits set too. Can be benchmarked against the likes of Kinmans and Fenders own Custom Pups apparently but I am no expert - just wanted to see what the improvement would be. They tend to work out at less than 100 euro for a set. Ebay have several guys overseas that will ship here.
    Like all things read the reviews. Tonerider have a website with audio demos on it http://www.tonerider.com/pickups/stratpickups.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement