Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

James Bond Collection (22 Films / Discs) - €60 delivered [HMV]

• 27-03-2010 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭

519CQyIuM2L._SL160_AA115_.jpg
    Buy it @ HMV

Saw this in the Zavvi store Sligo... they only had the one left.

This is now available for £52.49 (incl delivery) on HMV.co.uk (see link above). This works out at about €60!

It was the 22 films.. I think it was just the 2 disc of Quantum of Solace and all the rest were 1 disc.. but could be wrong!

Didn't pick it up myself but seems like a great price for a B&M store.

It was reduced from €200!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

If it was bluray I'd be all over it like a cheap suit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Also asda-entertainment.co.uk have James Bond - Ultimate Roger Moore (7 Titles) DVD for £10.93 and James Bond - Ultimate Sean Connery (6 Titles) DVD £10.93

use code ENTS10 for 10% off = £19.69 for both delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Is the Zavvi still open in Sligo, or was this in HMV,it is a good price for the boxset either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry.. I meant HMV. :D

And it was DVD by the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Also asda-entertainment.co.uk have James Bond - Ultimate Roger Moore (7 Titles) DVD for £10.93 and James Bond - Ultimate Sean Connery (6 Titles) DVD £10.93

use code ENTS10 for 10% off = £19.69 for both delivered

Thats very good value, they also have the Brosnan boxset for the same price. I take it Asda have free delivery then? I have never used them before.

In relation to the boxset, I have been meaning to buy the entire collection for years now but it is always a complete rip off. Under €70 for the boxset is good value though, coming in at a little over €3 per film. However getting them from the Conncery/Moore/Brosnan boxsets comes to around €31 for 17 - so are the five other films, the crap 'On Her Majesty's Sectret Serivce', the two Tim Dalton films, and the two Daniel Craig films really worth €40?

HMV have the whole thing for £59.99 - would the delivery still be £2.50? And I assume there would be no extra charges or taxes due to the high price as I have heard of that happenign with some boxsets.
    http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;5;-1;-1;-1&sku=298635

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

SB-08 wrote: »
    Thats very good value, they also have the Brosnan boxset for the same price. I take it Asda have free delivery then? I have never used them before.

In relation to the boxset, I have been meaning to buy the entire collection for years now but it is always a complete rip off. Under €70 for the boxset is good value though, coming in at a little over €3 per film. However getting them from the Conncery/Moore/Brosnan boxsets comes to around €31 for 17 - so are the five other films, the crap 'On Her Majesty's Sectret Serivce', the two Tim Dalton films, and the two Daniel Craig films really worth €40?

HMV have the whole thing for £59.99 - would the delivery still be £2.50? And I assume there would be no extra charges or taxes due to the high price as I have heard of that happenign with some boxsets.
    http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;5;-1;-1;-1&sku=298635

Yes £59.99 plus £2.50 P&P to the ROI, However, I ordered a similar boxset CSI: Series 1 to 8 for £99.99 + £2.50 P&P after Christmas and got whacked for €35.47 (€29.47 VAT + €6 An Post handling fee) in VAT as it was delivered from Guernsey in the UK Channel Islands which is classified as being outside the European Union.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Now available at HMV website for about €60 delivered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

SB-08 wrote: »
    so are the five other films, the crap 'On Her Majesty's Sectret Serivce', the two Tim Dalton films, and the two Daniel Craig films really worth €40?

OHMSS is one of the best Bond films imo! George Lazenby might have been an arse, but the film has great set pieces, score, and balance between the comedy of Moore era films and the brutal edgyness of Connery. The Timothy Dalton films are pants admittedly.

Advertisement