Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

goldfish

Options
  • 27-03-2010 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hey , i have a goldfish and have had him for nearly a year now. recently i have noticed that he is turning black, does anyone know why this is happening.. i was thinking it may be the water but other than that i have no idea, so if u can offer any advice , please get in touch...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

The chances are the black spots or flecks are related to the quality of the water. My two goldfish got this on their fins only, and recovered ok without appearing to have any major side effects when I changed their water more regularly (i.e. every day instead of every second or third day - they were in quite a big tank for 2 fish). I also stopped using tap water and now use water from the stream beside our house (I'm lucky in that it's close to the source, so I know it's not contaminated) and the two fish have grown hugely and are much healthier and much more active.

There's some info about 'black spots' on fish on this site. However a website is no substitute for professional advice, so if you're still worried I would recommend that you contact your local pet shop or vet and see if they can give any advice.

Advertisement