Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow risk - Monday 29th/Tuesday 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

If this was just a month ago we'd be talking about something truelly epic - sods law:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Pangea wrote: »
    On bbc forecast , the women just said a foot of snow is possible in the mountains of northern ireland ,and said the snow just will keep on coming tomorrow with drifting and blizzards.
    For once northern Ireland is gona get more snow than england.

yea i think so.. but its still raining in most places so its getting worrying..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

OK guys give me a guide to rainfall levels for tomorrow in Barna 5 miles west of galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

ha very good above post
    they should give this lad a job as weather man they never get it right or provide the values and photos that wer put up here fair play to ya(thread starter)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

Tomorrows rainfall levels in barna should not be as bad as the East as the rain will have shifted over there . Barna will be showery with some wintry stuff mixed in.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Rain here and in the last 15 minutes the wind has started to really pick up in unison the high tide - it's howling around like a demented werewolf... great sound to hear, I love the howling wind and I haven't heard much of it this winter.

I can't see the mountains at the moment, but wouldn't like to be in them at the moment, if they are getting snow it must be a blizzard up there in this wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Ugh, so basically what are the chances of it snowing in Kildare tonight/tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Latest TAFs up to 7pm tomorrow just posted in the Aviation Forecast thread. Chance of moderate snow for Knock, and of heavy snow for Aldergrove tomorrow, otherwise it's rain or sleet all round.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i dont think we'll see much if any snow in the east 2moro. maybe some sleet and wet snow if were lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Just spits and spats of rain here but a notable wind from the NNE. Overwhelmingly bleak evening. Nice! :)

Looks equally a grim cityside at the moment:

109116.jpg

2.8c currently.

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    i dont think we'll see much if any snow in the east 2moro. maybe some sleet and wet snow if were lucky.

Either do i despite it being 2C! Ive got a little hope for later though... but enniskillen getting snow and not me has worried me that we are too late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

I don't understand why people are looking for sleet/snow tomorrow in the East, when tomorrow NIGHT-->Wednesday morning seems to be the best chance...I think Wednesday morning will be white in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

No real sign of the bitterly cold air to our north. Cold over Iceland yes, but with 9-10°C sea temperatures, that'll be modified somewhat before reaching us.

TTeuropa.gif

TTeuropazoom.gif

snoweuropa.gif

Just spits and spats of rain here but a notable wind from the NNE. Overwhelmingly bleak evening. Nice! :)

109116.jpg

2.8c currently.

Deep, that does look bleak! :eek:

If you like bleak, I think you should move to Achill or Belmullet - they put the 'eak' into Bleak.

snow ghost wrote: »
    Deep, that does look bleak! :eek:

If you like bleak, I think you should move to Achill or Belmullet - they put the 'eak' into Bleak.

Ha ha Snow, I know Achill well and yes, can be bleak with a capital B there at times. Love it.

Su Campu wrote: »
    No real sign of the bitterly cold air to our north. Cold over Iceland yes, but with 9-10°C sea temperatures, that'll be modified somewhat before reaching us.

but hopefully will help in the formation of some big momma shower troughs before they smash onto our NW coast. Classic PM thunder set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

...been snowing here in East Clare for about 20 minutes now... starting to stick ever so slightly but it's pretty wet.

Now really happy that I haven't done a lot of the seed-planting I'd normally have done by Easter, had a kind of feeling that winter wasn't QUITE done.

Ha ha Snow, I know Achill well and yes, can be bleak with a capital B there at times. Love it.

Yeah, tis so bleak they are only allowed to paint the houses there white to brighten it up! A great spot in a storm though - jutting out into the Ocean it gets much wilder than most places.

snow ghost wrote: »
    Yeah, tis so bleak they are only allowed to paint the houses there white to brighten it up! A great spot in a storm though - jutting out into the Ocean it gets much wilder than most places.

I will 2nd that. It is amazing, winds the people living by the coast consider light we consider strong here inland. Another fave spot of mine in a storm is the Sky Road in Clifden. You haven't lived until you experience a force 11 standing on that hill! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

owenc wrote: »
    what temp is it in enniskillen??? its still icy rain.. could anyone be kind enough to tell me when it should at least turn to snow.. its around 2c-3c here.

Currently hovering just above 1c at the moment at Enniskillen, and has since turned into a sleety/snowy mixture. Still peltng down tho!!

• Advertisement

I will 2nd that. It is amazing, winds the people living by the coast consider light we consider strong here inland. Another fave spot of mine in a storm is the Sky Road in Clifden. You haven't lived until you experience a force 11 standing on that hill! :)

I know the Sky road - beautiful spot when the sun is sprkling of all the water. I was driving back from Clifden to Westport - through doo lough - one evening a few years back and the thickest fog I've ever seen suddenly suddenly descended from the mountains, it was class - like the movie the The Fog it seemed to roll up the Killary, I could hardly see a foot in front of me.

Currently hovering just above 1c at the moment at Enniskillen, and has since turned into a sleety/snowy mixture. Still peltng down tho!!

ok are you high up?? ill just wait to later because thats when its ment to start. Cant really see high behind me now.. they had sleet earlier and you could see it must be turning to snow up there now..

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

109116.jpg

2.8c currently.

Those docks always look ugly however the rain makes them look even more so. My idea of hell !! Where is that ? Galway? The word "grim" comes to mind..!!

Derek

are you high?

I is bro, you wanna toke?

derekon wrote: »
    Where is that ? Galway? The word "grim" comes to mind..!!

Derek

Yep Derek, Gallyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

ok are you high up?? ill just wait to later because thats when its ment to start. Cant really see high behind me now.. they had sleet earlier and you could see it must be turning to snow up there now..

Living ontop of a hill, so rather exposed. But i wouldn't say high ground. The Cuilcagh Mountains is about 20 miles as the crow files, bound to be feet of snow on that by now!!

The "main snow" of earlier seems to have turned back to a sleety/rain mixture. Ground's very saturated now, with floods starting to appear in the garden! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

snowing heavily here since 7.30.

an inch or more lying and continuing to build. snow much deeper again about 100 metres more asl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Send some my way eh Wolfe?

Lucky thing having snow, share it a bit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I is bro, you wanna toke?

thanks for confiriming what i've always suspected. i suppose i'd need to be on something if i was living in choom:D

meanwhile the rain with bits of sleet mixed in continues. current temperature is 1.9c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

For those living in Dublin, it might be interesting for you to note that the BBC has now downgraded its forecast for Dublin tomorrow from "heavy snow" to "heavy rain" .

Looks like the city will be on the wrong side of marginal with very cold rain and a temperature of 3oc. The temperature will be very close for snow but not close enough. Looks like a horrible day for the city tomorrow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/31

Derek

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement