Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow risk - Monday 29th/Tuesday 30th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sleet now also being reported at Knock at 2c at 1700.

Meanwhile, 9.3c here in the tropical east!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

This drought is becoming notable alright, only yesterday whilst taking the dog on an afternoon walk I stumbled upon this site:

535569274_0c73f7c134.jpg?v=0

Didn't spot it until it was closing in on us. Got a quick snap and then we ran like boyo :eek: The west is the new Savanna.

lol I see the Tuam Chicks haven't improved much in recent times! ;)

To my shock I thought I saw a snow leopard on a distant hill about an hour ago - upon closer inspection with the binoculars I discovered that it was a white plastic bag.

Wet and miserable here, with strong intermitent gusts sweeping across the water now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Current temp 3.4c. Rain drop temp 3.1c. No sign of any snowflakes in the rain here yet, which is becoming much lighter as the winds eases to a 11 mph mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

glorious wet snow here now. not a chance of it sticking but who cares!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

rain only now much lighter

• Advertisement

glorious wet snow

:D

snow ghost wrote: »
    lol I see the Tuam Chicks haven't improved much in recent times! ;)

To my shock I thought I saw a snow leopard on a distant hill about an hour ago - upon closer inspection with the binoculars I discovered that it was a white plastic bag.

Wet and miserable here, with strong intermitent gusts sweeping across the water now and again.

great humour:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

rain finaly stopped here,starting to brighten up,mild as well

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

glorious wet snow here now. not a chance of it sticking but who cares!

Glorious sunshine here. 11.2c :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

ok.. can someone tell me whats happening with this band as its... quickly going away and i dont want to miss snow is it stalling or what idk whats happening at all..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭Speak Now

owenc wrote: »
    ok.. can someone tell me whats happening with this band as its... quickly going away and i dont want to miss snow is it stalling or what idk whats happening at all..

Some sicker, after you waiting in for it all day :pac:

Sudden shift in wind direction here in the last 5 mins. From ENE to a solid NNE and increasing rapidly (15mph mean currently) 70% rain/ 30% wet snow has pepped up intensity a little once again.

Pressure 989.7mb and falling very slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Just seen the bbc forecast for NI on the tv , looks like a whiteout tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

There's been sleet in the mix for most of the day but since the wind shifted to NNE'ly it's turned to heavy, driving rain. Temp has fallen to 2.8c. This evenings cycle home was not a pleasant experience!!

switching between sleety rain and wet snow here.
    according to the radio forecast just there, it will continue this theme for the rest of the night with heavy falls of snow on the mountains.
    tomorrow:
    snow is most likely in the north and midlands, with a clearance getting into the southwest which will gradually spread northwards tomorrow night. then wednesday and thursday will be brighters days with heavy wintry showers, mainly in the west and north, and frost at night. so there maybe accumulations by night at lower levels in parts of the north and north west around midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

wow lisa weather girl on sky there, wow, i have no idea what the forecast was...;)

Fionagus wrote: »
    There's been sleet in the mix for most of the day but since the wind shifted to NNE'ly it's turned to heavy, driving rain. Temp has fallen to 2.8c. This evenings cycle home was not a pleasant experience!!

wouldn't it be great if it didn't need to be cold for snow to fall. i wonder is there parallel world where it has to be 20c before it snows:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Taking a good hammering here at the moment outside Enniskillen.

Sleet has now almost turned completely to snow, with just the odd spot of rain mixed in, with driving winds still blasting N NW its starting to look more like a blizzard!

The horison over Donegal/North Sligo in the distance has almost disappeared!!
    snow.jpg

Taking a good hammering here at the moment outside Enniskillen.

Sleet has now almost turned completely to snow, with just the odd spot of rain mixed in, with driving winds still blasting N NW its starting to look more like a blizzard!

The horison over Donegal/North Sligo in the distance has almost disappeared!!
    snow.jpg

It's just icy rain but I'm sure looking at mountain it has turned to snow up there.. I think it should turn but slow procress!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Just rain here. Feels really cold. Miserable evening.

• Advertisement

wouldn't it be great if it didn't need to be cold for snow to fall. i wonder is there parallel world where it has to be 20c before it snows:pac:

I think you may have forgotten to take your pills today Buff :pac:

I think you may have forgotten to take your pills today Buff :pac:

haha. why!? is this the voice of experience speaking:p

haha. why!? is this the voice of experience speaking:p

Ya big cake :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭xper

Met Eireann reports for 6 o'clock:
    Casement 11 *C
    Knock airport 1*C

What's that, about 100 miles apart?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

1.9c here in mayo, huge contrast to temps in the SE

what temp is it in enniskillen??? its still icy rain.. could anyone be kind enough to tell me when it should at least turn to snow.. its around 2c-3c here.

I see snow starting to lie on the mountains here in Donegal.

Pangea wrote: »

ugh is it snowing there too. im gonna cry..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Pangea wrote: »

yep conemmara mountains full of snow. Percip has eased here last hour, but its more wintery than rain!

Glad i took it easy with the heating oil/coal/timber the last few weeks!

• Advertisement

On bbc forecast , the women just said a foot of snow is possible in the mountains of northern ireland ,and said the snow just will keep on coming tomorrow with drifting and blizzards.
    For once northern Ireland is gona get more snow than england.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement