Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam from boards.ie

Options
  • 27-03-2010 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Every time i post a comment in a thread i get an email if there is another reply. this is a very good service as it keeps me updated on threads of interest as this is such a big forum. However this can be very annoying if there is a big thread like the soccer ones and I have a load of emails in my inbox.

Does anyone know how i can change this to say no more than 1 email a day or something? Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Jigga wrote: »
    Every time i post a comment in a thread i get an email if there is another reply. this is a very good service as it keeps me updated on threads of interest as this is such a big forum. However this can be very annoying if there is a big thread like the soccer ones and I have a load of emails in my inbox.

Does anyone know how i can change this to say no more than 1 email a day or something? Thanks

User CP, edit options. Change the thread subscription notification to once a day. And the mails aren't spam, they're not unsolicited, they're not bulk, and they're not commercial.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Spear wrote: »
    User CP, edit options. Change the thread subscription notification to once a day. And the mails aren't spam, they're not unsolicited, they're not bulk, and they're not commercial.

While not spam i wouldnt want them.

something i noticed however during the lock out recently, when i had a new account i automatically was sent these emails, i cant remember ever needing to opt out of these notifications when i set up my original account so im wondering if email notifications to replys are set as "on" now and was it previously set as "off"?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

snyper wrote: »
    While not spam i wouldnt want them.

something i noticed however during the lock out recently, when i had a new account i automatically was sent these emails, i cant remember ever needing to opt out of these notifications when i set up my original account so im wondering if email notifications to replys are set as "on" now and was it previously set as "off"?
    Yes, I think so, something Conor said to me suggested that.

Do what I did and get a separate email for boards.. 46,550 messages in there at the moment and not one of them read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

To turn this off, you can set the default thread subscription mode: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions#sel_autosubscribe

• Advertisement
Advertisement