Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice cream van

Options
  • 27-03-2010 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Can everybody post the rd they live on and the time the ice cream van arrives. Handy if you live on a rd they dont work. (like us) Little man loves it.

Thanks;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

High street, 2.00pm:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I fthe ice cream van doesnt visit your street and you see one locally you should just ask them to add your street to their run. A friend dropped by one day when the ice cream man was here and asked him and now he drops by there every day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Is there any way to stop them from coming down your street?

(Hate them!!!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

The ice cream van man is dating my neighbor. His van is always parked within eyeshot of my front window. It makes living with a three year old a greek version of hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

axel rose wrote: »
    Is there any way to stop them from coming down your street?

(Hate them!!!!!)
    Gotta make a living in all fairness. But at the same time when they do arrive it is like a fire engine with a bad tune. The tunes are so loud it is distorted.

I think they should tone down the volume a bit, people are not deaf! Other than that they are ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Heard one today on st laurences grove in clontarf around 6 playing the match of the day theme song, funny to hear.

The ice cream van man is dating my neighbor. His van is always parked within eyeshot of my front window. It makes living with a three year old a greek version of hell.
    Haha, it must be heaven for the little one though;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I can't stand the ice cream van, music is always way too loud and most of the products look dodgey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Don't mind them TBH, but not at feckin 4 PM just before the kids get their dinner. :mad:

Haha, crazy thought: a 'veggie van'. Playing the same type of dingaling loud music. Once the kids all run out and line up they are offered lovely veggies steamed and covered in low fat sauces to make them more yummy.

Cue parents dragging kids out to said vans for veggies. If nothing else it will put the kids on edge at least;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

I tell my little man that they play the music when they have run out of ice cream :).
    I know, I am a bad father!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I don't have kids but I have small neices and nephews and my sister curses the ice-cream man, says he drives onto her road at all hours in the night and causes havoc in the house, I've seen him do it myself, I'm talking 10pm on a summers evening, I know it's still bright out but kids still have a bed time (well most do anyway :rolleyes:) bit inconsiderate imo.. Whatever about driving onto the road, fair enough, mammys and daddys like an ould 99er' now and again ;) but does he have to blair the stupid siron thingy.. fecker

I tell my little man that they play the music when they have run out of ice cream .
    I know, I am a bad father!

haha brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

xzanti wrote: »
    I don't have kids but I have small neices and nephews and my sister curses the ice-cream man, says he drives onto her road at all hours in the night and causes havoc in the house, I've seen him do it myself, I'm talking 10pm on a summers evening, I know it's still bright out but kids still have a bed time (well most do anyway :rolleyes:) bit inconsiderate imo.. Whatever about driving onto the road, fair enough, mammys and daddys like an ould 99er' now and again ;) but does he have to blair the stupid siron thingy.. fecker

haha brilliant :D

someone should tell him he's breaking the law

it disturbing the peace after 9pm in a built up area.

i'm lucky my eldest thinks its not cool now and the middle one doesn't like icecream.. its too cold:eek: it's strange talking icecream van and its pelting snow outside:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Gotta make a living in all fairness.

so do 'ladies of the night', that doesn't mean it's ok for them to do it noisily outside your house when it's your kids' bedtime, now does it ?

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Our local one is great.

the van would pull up and play the music directly outside our house just as the baby went to sleep, queue baby waking up and crying. (Not that she knows what the ice cream van is).

Anyway, I popped out one day and asked would she mind not playing the music outside the house as the baby was asleep.
    Now she plays the music coming around the corner and turns it off before getting to our house.

Happy us, sleeping Baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I thought instantly of that Larson cartoon with the house cat looking longingly out the window at a crash between trucks carnying flightless birds and mice.

Wish I could find it... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

Advertisement