Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Reveals Plans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Just bought 'Time Flies' in Golden Discs for 24 euro. All the singles, a live gig and a dvd of all the videos. Not bad:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

D'you Know what I mean is the most overlooked song in the Oasis catalogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

just a matter of interest has anybody bought any clobber from liam fashion label pretty green ?

ricero wrote: »
    just a matter of interest has anybody bought any
    clobber from liam fashion label pretty green ?

Too pricey for me in the current climate but the label is doing pretty well apparently. From reading fan reviews of the gear on forums the clothes are of a pretty high quality. Good on Liam for making a go of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

ricero wrote: »
    just a matter of interest has anybody bought any clobber from liam fashion label pretty green ?

Would love one of them Green Parka's. They're quality.
    zimovain wrote: »
    Just bought 'Time Flies' in Golden Discs for 24 euro. All the singles, a live gig and a dvd of all the videos. Not bad:cool:

What's the live gig? Wemberlee 08?

Gonna go and get that Time Flies thing tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Would love one of them Green Parka's. They're quality.

What's the live gig? Wemberlee 08?

Gonna go and get that Time Flies thing tomorrow.

It's from the Itunes festival recorded at the Roundhouse in London, fantastic gig as well. Liam is on fire and Noel's songs lead to a mass singalong. Wonderful gig.
    Disc 3 - CD of the last ever recorded Oasis live show from The Roundhouse in London on 21st July 2009:

1. Rock 'n' Roll Star
    2. Lyla
    3. Shock Of The Lightning
    4. Cigarettes & Alcohol
    5. Roll With It
    6. The Masterplan
    7. Songbird
    8. Slide Away
    9. Morning Glory
    10. Half The World Away
    11. I'm Outta Time
    12. Wonderwall
    13. Supersonic
    14. Live Forever
    15. Don't Look Back In Anger
    16. Champagne Supernova

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Is that the one with the green cover? I am looking to ge tthe 3cd/DVD pack on sendit at only €16.99 delivered. The title says it includes the DVD but the cover is just the standard CD one and not the green one - the tracklisting doesn include the DVD either so it's misleading. http://www.sendit.com/cd/oasis/time-flies-1994-2009-the-singles-3-cd-1-dvd/10166186.html

SB-08 wrote: »
    Is that the one with the green cover? I am looking to ge tthe 3cd/DVD pack on sendit at only €16.99 delivered. The title says it includes the DVD but the cover is just the standard CD one and not the green one - the tracklisting doesn include the DVD either so it's misleading. http://www.sendit.com/cd/oasis/time-flies-1994-2009-the-singles-3-cd-1-dvd/10166186.html

Yes, it's a greeny yellowy colour, quite funky.

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/14433698/Time-Flies-1994-2009/Product.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The setlist by Noel in the OP is unreal.

Would've given my left one to see that live.

And that's why it should be Noel we keep an eye on post-Oasis rather than Liam. Just looking at that playlist reminds me of how talented the man is. One of the few artists around who makes a live/acoustic performance superior to the studio recorded original.

The dvd has a nice commentary available for the videos from Noel, and some bouns videos including Acquiesce live and Little By Little from the Finsbury Park gig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

thesultan wrote: »
    D'you Know what I mean is the most overlooked song in the Oasis catalogue.

absolute quality tune, with a savage video too :cool:

bit on the short side though

aDeener wrote: »
    absolute quality tune, with a savage video too :cool:

bit on the short side though

Is it not around 5 minutes long? :o

I think he was being sarcastic. :pac: It was more like 7 mins, a short song on Be Here Now was more like 4-5 mins. :P

Number 4 in Ireland this week.

http://www.irma.ie/aucharts.asp#albums

Number 4 in Ireland this week.

http://www.irma.ie/aucharts.asp#albums

I discount the Top 2. Glee, pffft.

I went and bought the box set, and it's quality :D

Noel's commentary on the dvd is comical! Sunday Morning Call ends up as a long tale about his 110k car:D

www.nme.com
    Liam Gallagher has said he intends to turn his memories of former band Oasis into a book or film in the near future.

Gallagher, who launched film production company In 1 earlier this year to make a film about The Beatles' Apple Records, was asked whether he planned a similar venture for Oasis in the near future.

"Yep, without a doubt. Very soon," he said in an interview on his clothing company Pretty Green's official website, adding that he wants to compile his memories "before I forget them all".

Speaking about his forthcoming plans for the clothing company, Gallagher added that he's set to open a bespoke store in London offering the garments.

He said: "Definitely man. We're just waiting for the right place to come along, and I'm not gonna rush into it. We're looking to do a temporary store in London this summer, the website will tell you where and when it's happening."

Number 3 in Ireland this week.

Steady on now Liam!!
    Liam Gallagher has claimed that his new band Beady Eye will be bigger than Oasis.

The group, which consists of Oasis’ former line-up minus his brother Noel, were three-quarters of the way through recording their debut album.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, Gallagher said Beady Eye sounded “similar” to Oasis, but also like T-Rex and Jerry Lee Lewis.

Asked if they would be bigger than his former band, he replied: “It’ll be bigger.

“I’ve got no doubt about the music, no doubt about me. I’ve never sounded better. It’s proper rock’n’roll.

“Oasis was a pop band compared to what we’re doing.”

Gallagher also hit out at Noel, saying he no longer spoke to his brother, who Oasis after a row in France in August 2009.

“Don’t want to either,” he said.

“It’s done and dusted. He’s living his life, I’m living mine. I hope he’s happy in what he does and I’m happy in what I do.”

Beady Eye are due to release their debut single at the end of this year.

Source: www.gigwise.com

• Advertisement

That's such an awful name. :( And who is doing the writing? Liam? They're ****ed so. :P I know he has slightly improved over the years but it's still not a patch on Noel's songwriting.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    That's such an awful name. :( And who is doing the writing? Liam? They're ****ed so. :P I know he has slightly improved over the years but it's still not a patch on Noel's songwriting.

Gem Archer and Andy Bell are also songwriters and have produced some great music down the years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gem_Archer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Bell_%28musician%29

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

noel was the talent in oasis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

noel was the talent in oasis

what are you on about? tony mccarroll was

On Monday mixing was started on Beady Eye's debut album, producer Steve Lillywhite posted the following on his Twitter account.

Nearing the end of my vacation... Monday sees me mixing the mighty Beady Eye album ~~!!

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.com/

Liam's new band Beady Eye - which features his Oasis bandmates Gem Archer, Andy Bell and Chris Sharrock - have been hard at work on their debut album.

All the songs have been recorded now, but it will still be some time before they are unveiled to the fans.

"It's not gonna be out until next year, " Liam explained.

"We'll probably get a single out October or November, and there's no point in doing gigs if people haven't heard the music. I'm looking forward to it."

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.com/

In Noel world
    Alan McGee has revealed that he has heard the demos for Noel Gallagher's planned solo album.

The ex-Creation Records boss, who signed Oasis to his label in 1993, told ClashMusic that Gallagher is one of the few people who still interests him in music.

McGee said: "I think the music business now is incredibly corporate. I'll be honest, I've lost interest in music now really. The only things that interest me are Noel Gallagher and Glasgvegas, if you're talking about current music.

"The demos of Noel's new record are f**king amazing and James Allan I think is an incredible talent. And I'm interested in Liam [Gallagher]'s new band and hear what he's doing. They could maybe come up with something amazing. Who knows?"

Noel, who reportedly approached the Crouch End Festival Chorus to appear on his LP, recently confirmed that his music career is on hold ahead of the birth of his third child.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a277221/mcgee-noel-gallagher-demos-are-amazing.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ryano77

would be class if liam and noel released new albums in the same week. wouldn't rule it out either. be like blur or oasis all over again!!!

From Noel Im guessing he will not fall into the trap of one long ballad album. I predict a mix of Mucky fingers, Part Of The Queue, and a few Stop the Clocks type trippy ballads.

As much as I love Liam's voice and attitude it's Noel's work I want more.

• Advertisement

Official website for 'Beady Eye'

http://www.beadyeyemusic.co.uk/news.php

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement