Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Reveals Plans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Live4Ever wrote: »
    You da man! :D

Some song titles!
    Wigwam, Standing On The Edge Of The Noise, Three-Ring Circus, Four-Letter Word, The Beat Goes On and Bring The Light.

Three Ring Circus is very Gem sounding!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Manchester on the Sunday. Have it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Got my ticket for the Thursday night in London. Man did it sell out quick. Cannot wait. Cant wait for the album either haha. :cool:

Baby Come On! :D

Wasn't "Standing on the Edge of the Noise" a live DVD they did for Dig Out Your Soul??

Wasn't "Standing on the Edge of the Noise" a live DVD they did for Dig Out Your Soul??

Yep. There's like only a handful of fans at it and its in a small studio before the Dig Out Your Soul tour. Watching it now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

im absolutely loving the b side sons of the stage some of liams best vocals in years class. **** noel ;)

• Advertisement

The band have described the new songs as "light on their feet" and a move away from the wall of sound style of Oasis. Gem said " Psychedelia is a big word, but there are definite psychedelic moments in there. But there's also anti-psychedelic, very basic songs, and a lot of rock 'n' roll piano borrowed from Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis. Sound wise The Who, The Kinks and the Stones are there, that's the stuff in our blood.

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.com/

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/54113

16llke0.jpg
    BEADY EYE release their eagerly anticipated debut album ‘DIFFERENT GEAR, STILL SPEEDING’ on 28th February 2011 on Beady Eye Records. The album features 13 brand new songs written by the band and was recorded at RAK Studios in autumn 2010 with producer Steve Lillywhite.

A taster for the album, ‘Bring The Light’, was made available for fans on the 9th November here at beadyeyemusic.com and was downloaded or played over 350,000 times in 24 hours. The VIDEO has received over 600,000 hits since it was premiered a week later.

The band (Liam Gallagher, Gem Archer, Andy Bell and Chris Sharrock) also put their first UK tour on sale on 26th November with tickets selling out within 30 minutes. They will be joined by Matt Jones on keyboards and Jeff Wootton on bass for these dates and the European shows which follow the UK gigs. The full details of the UK dates can be seen HERE!

'Different Gear, Still Speeding' Tracklisting:

Four Letter Word
    Millionaire
    The Roller
    Beatles And Stones
    Wind Up Dream
    Bring The Light
    For Anyone
    Kill For A Dream
    Standing On The Edge Of The Noise
    Wigwam
    Three Ring Circus
    The Beat Goes On
    The Morning Son

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Mad fer iiiit! Gonna be a mega album. Did you see the album cover?! Little girl riding a crocodile haha! WTF?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

To be honest I'm looking forward to Noel's first release infinitely more than this. Some cringeworthy song titles in there too!

gustavo wrote: »
    Some cringeworthy song titles in there too!

Beatles & Stones

• Advertisement

'Wigwam' is over 6 minutes long and has been described by the NME as
    Liam's finest song. Also.....
    No official title yet but Channel 4 in the UK, have a Beady Eye video premiere provisionally scheduled for Monday 10th Jan/Tues 11th at 12:10am

You can hear 30 seconds of Four Letter Word here
    http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/54311

Sounds good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Mad fer iiiit! Gonna be a mega album. Did you see the album cover?! Little girl riding a crocodile haha! WTF?!

Thats Doreen.

Girl-riding-an-alligator.jpg

As for beady eye - from what ive heard so far, I dont really want to hear any more. not very original (just like the cover)

NME have the new video and it will be broadcast on the 26th of this month.

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/54311

Cant wait for the album think it will put to bed the attitude that Liam cant write songs. With him andy and gem writing think its gonna be a super album.

From only listening to like 20 seconds of The Roller, and I fookin' love it!

Wigwam, Three Ring Circus, The Morning Son also sound class.

Can't fookin' wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

jus heard the preview there three ring circus does sound very good. id compare the style of this album to john lennons solo stuff and liam is sounding ****ing gr8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

beady_eye_bring_the_light_300.jpg

:rolleyes:

helpka0.jpg

with.jpg

etc.................

^^^

I don't get it!?!?!

^^^

I don't get it!?!?!

Must be a fan of unoriginality Liam Gallagher so....

• Advertisement

Must be a fan of unoriginality Liam Gallagher so....

Yeah, I'm a fan of Liam Gallagher. Still don't get you though. The band has 4 members, and Liam is somehow unoriginal for taking a photo of the 4 of them?

I couldn't really give a toss what others think tbf, I just didn't know what you were on about!

Yeah, I'm a fan of Liam Gallagher. Still don't get you though. The band has 4 members, and Liam is somehow unoriginal for taking a photo of the 4 of them?

I couldn't really give a toss what others think tbf, I just didn't know what you were on about!

Not unoriginal for taking a photo. Unoriginal for ripping off the beatles. Again. Your choice if you like that kind of thing.

Not unoriginal for taking a photo. Unoriginal for ripping off the beatles. Again. Your choice if you like that kind of thing.

Don't think the Beady Eye thing is very Beatles like at all.

Yup. Your choice too, if your gonna let something Liam Gallagher does annoy you.

Don't think the Beady Eye thing is very Beatles like at all.

Yup. Your choice too, if your gonna let something Liam Gallagher does annoy you.

Doesn't annoy me at all, first time I saw the cover was through this thread. It just seemed so obvious a rip off of early beatles album covers I thought I'd mention it...

Doesn't annoy me at all, first time I saw the cover was through this thread. It just seemed so obvious a rip off of early beatles album covers I thought I'd mention it...

Yes having 4 members in your group and then deciding to take a photo of them for an album cover is quite clearly ripping off the Beatles and is something that no other band has done ever.

Yes having 4 members in your group and then deciding to take a photo of them for an album cover is quite clearly ripping off the Beatles and is something that no other band has done ever.

Now you are being facetious. The Beady Eye album cover is very obviously mimicking early Beatles albums covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

To be honest I'm looking forward to Noel's first release infinitely more than this. Some cringeworthy song titles in there too!
    I'd agree, I've heard eight unreleased songs by Noel six of which he regularly done on soundchecks during the last tour and they sound pretty good. You could add Stop the Clocks, Record Machine and the as yet unheard Come On (It's Alright) to that and he has the basis of a very good album plus whatever he's come up in the last year or so. I cant see how Liam, Gem and Andy are suddenly going to produce the goods after what 15 years in the industy generally writing average music or album fillers. Dig Out Your Soul was an excellent album for the first seven tracks (Noel 6, Liam 1) then the quality just plummets into crap. Beady Eye's next single 'The Roller' was left over from the Heathen Chemistry sessions in 2001 and was never resurrected on the two subsequent albums so I wouldnt hold high hopes for it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its all very disappointing from Andy Bell in particular - the man wrote Vapour Trail, one of the finest songs of the 90s

OK its nearly 20 years since Ride's heyday but he really is wasting away playing bass for such a derivative band.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Is Andy Bell not the lead guitarist for Beady Eye. Some new guy is on bass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

no i'd say Gem is on lead guitar, he tended to play lead with Oasis a bit and done it on Noels solo tour a few years back. All will be revealed when we see them live, theyve got a live bass player so they could share duties

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement