Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Reveals Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

loyatemu wrote: »
    its all very disappointing from Andy Bell in particular - the man wrote Vapour Trail, one of the finest songs of the 90s

OK its nearly 20 years since Ride's heyday but he really is wasting away playing bass for such a derivative band.
    And the few good songs he had back then suddenly turn him into Noel Gallagher's successor?? Noel has easily thirty or forty top songs.. Andy Bell has two or three including Turn up the Sun.. Gem hasnt any, found his songs very average.. Liam has three, Songbird, Born on A Diff Cloud, I'm Outta Time.. The original point I made is that I cant see their music been anywhere near Oasis standard, they dont have a track record of it. I'll still buy their album though but I think Liam is in for a rude awakening in an average band and his massive ego will take some knock.
    Does anyone know why Jay Darlington didnt join up with Beady Eye?? he was originally suppossed to but I seem a diff keyboard player mentioned on their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

darrenh wrote: »
    Is Andy Bell not the lead guitarist for Beady Eye. Some new guy is on bass.

A guy called Jeff Wooton on bass, ironically also used by Damon Albarn for his Gorillaz live shows :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Havent posted in a while...

Heard the tunes got leaked onto YouTube but were take down straight away...

The video for Bring The Light is good, Liam face-butting the mic and a bit of skirt which is a nice change to Oasis videos :D.

Cant wait for this other video and ultimately the album and gig.

I see they're playig The Isle of Wight festival. Irish summer date, maybe even at a festival, waht do ya think zimovain?

beady_eye_bring_the_light_300.jpg

QUOTE]
    Now you are being facetious. The Beady Eye album cover is very obviously mimicking early Beatles albums covers.

Huge Oasis fan myself, and beatles. I agree, it does copy it a little but not in an in your face way. If you notice the top the cream banner, that is certainly attributed to alot of Beatles earlier albums. BUT, I imagine it is of similar style to many LPS of that era. So I guess they are copying the 60's style more than The Beatles. The picture is not Beatles style; just four lads on a stairs!
    Dotsey wrote: »
    Does anyone know why Jay Darlington didnt join up with Beady Eye?? he was originally suppossed to but I seem a diff keyboard player mentioned on their website

Yeah I wonder what happened Jay aka jesus..... :D Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Cant wait for this other video and ultimately the album and gig.

I see they're playig The Isle of Wight festival. Irish summer date, maybe even at a festival, waht do ya think zimovain?

Gig's gonna be epic I'd say! :D

Are they defo doing an Irish summer date? I'll have to go to that aswell!
    Live4Ever wrote: »
    Yeah I wonder what happened Jay aka jesus..... biggrin.gif Anyone know?

Chaps a hero. I remember at Slane, Noel says that they found him in a dungeon in Slane Castle earlier that day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

I'm convinced Andy Bell will be on lead. Matt Jones down for the keyboard job on wiki.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Steve Lillywhite took the money alright........

utter sh*te........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

darrenh wrote: »
    I'm convinced Andy Bell will be on lead. Matt Jones down for the keyboard job on wiki.

I think he and Gem will share duties which is fine by me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Haha they look like the cast of a failed 1970s sitcom. Liam Gallagher is such a self important twat. He's embarrassing to watch. I've never seen a rock star with such misplaced confidence but he does seem fairly thick...

beady-eye.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Haha they look like the cast of a failed 1970s sitcom. Liam Gallagher is such a self important twat. He's embarrassing to watch. I've never seen a rock star with such misplaced confidence but he does seem fairly thick...

beady-eye.png

yea but hes ****ing rock n roll and the best frontman ever and ****in mad fer it

live forever
    ricero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

That bolshy, chestbeating bollocks worked in 1996 but not now.

Jaysus, someones bitter over somit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Chaps a hero. I remember at Slane, Noel says that they found him in a dungeon in Slane Castle earlier that day :pac:

Noel said "they dug him up in the castle this morning, its the shroud and he plays keyboards say hello to him", Noel said it at the start of The Masterplan only reason I remember is I recorded it and which I believe is up on YouTube aswell. sh1tty muffled sound quality is due to a Nokia N95

Just giving another heads up that from the 26th

www.nme.com will be streaming the new single/video

'Four Letter Word' is ****ing outstanding! Great vibe and vocals from Liam.

****ing love the new tune great rock n roll song I wana see what the liam g haters think of this one cause it deserves praise cause liams ****ing mad fer it. Live forever ricero

I think it's about Noel. Cracking tune!

wow, very impressive i have to say

Smashing tune! Much much better than Bring The Light!

Can't wait for the other songs/album!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

Smashing tune! Much much better than Bring The Light!

Can't wait for the other songs/album!
    Very surprised. It's actually very good

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    ****ing love the new tune great rock n roll song I wana see what the liam g haters think of this one cause it deserves praise cause liams ****ing mad fer it. Live forever ricero

You'll be ringing in 1995 in a few days then? :);)

seachto7 wrote: »
    You'll be ringing in 1995 in a few days then? :);)

Ye I'm wearing me parka now And eric cattona is the king. New tune 4 letter word is ****ing class jus admit it mate it's class liam gallagher is a ****ing legend and is the best rock nd roll star ever **** elvis he's brown bread

Hi ricero,

do you have to put "f**king" as every second word to want to be like Liam Gallagher?

Hi ricero,

do you have to put "f**king" as every second word to want to be like Liam Gallagher?

of course man i ave the hair like him the clothes pretty green and all that. i dont speak to me bro anymore either cause hes a ****. being serious the swearing its just a ****ing bad habit

live forever

ricero

It's ok Liam, I'll keep your identity secret :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Can't stop listening to Four Letter Word - it's class

gustavo wrote: »
    Can't stop listening to Four Letter Word - it's class

yea same cracking tune although i still think the sons of the stage cover is the best song ive heard so far from beady eye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkU_rAzdlKk

Four Letter Word is excellent!

NME:

In the latest release from his post-Oasis band Beady Eye, off the band's debut full-length, Different Gear, Still Speeding (out in February), Liam continues his ceaseless war of words with brother Noel, again, this time riffing on the lyrics to Oasis' 1994 breakthrough hit, "Live Forever," which was penned by Noel: "Nothing ever lasts forever," Liam snarls in the new track, aptly-titled "Four Letter Word." Watch the video below!

And it gets nastier: "You've had enough / Staring out of dead end eyes / I don't know what it is I'm feeling / A four letter word really gets my meaning," Liam sings. And the sonic sucker punch sounds good -- seductive strings swell with a muscular and, at times, psychedelic Britpop sound.

lads, I dunno are ye just blinded by Oasis, but this stuff isn't a patch on Oasis, even when Oasis were only in second gear... It's brutal stuff altogether....

• Advertisement

lads, I dunno are ye just blinded by Oasis, but this stuff isn't a patch on Oasis, even when Oasis were only in second gear... It's brutal stuff altogether....

well its better then half the other ****e getting played on the radio these days. there ****ing rock n roll man there keeping it alive liams a ****ing legend and these lads are talented musicians.

and can u please stop referring to oasis they are dead and gone with o'leary in the grave its all about the beady eye now sunshinnnnnnnnnneeeeeeee

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement