Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Reveals Plans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

If they didn't have an expensive marketing campaign or fancy producer behind the album, we wouldn't hear the half of them. I put money they won't be around in 2012....
    There are far better bands out there "keeping rock n roll alive".....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Hope this is true.
    It's not been confirmed yet, but I have seen several reports that Liam Gallagher and Gem Archer will be on 'Zane Lowe's Breakfast Show' on BBC Radio One this Friday morning (January 7).

The show is broadcast between 7am and 10am (UK), Zane will also play Beady Eye's official debut single 'The Roller' during the show.
    http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

seachto7 wrote: »
    There are far better bands out there "keeping rock n roll alive".....

How dya come to that conclusion? :confused:

How dya come to that conclusion? :confused:

you saying Liam Gallagher is the future of rock n roll? :eek::eek::eek:

anyways, I'll agree to disagree as everyone on this thread is a fan of LG, bar myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

anyways, I'll agree to disagree as everyone on this thread is a fan of LG, bar myself...

What other bands a keeping rock n roll alive ? Please dont say kings of leon :mad: besides beady eye the only other english rock bands who are ****ing mega and are rock stars are kasabian and arctic monkeys the rest are puffs. They will be around for years to come beleive me they will clean up the awards they will rock cause liam gallagher is the best frontman ever. Live forever. ricero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

KOL's first two albums (released more recently than anything of note by Oasis/Gallaghers) are pure quality, whatever you want to say about their newer work.

Arcade Fire had another album out last year.

Vampire Weekend's album out last year is top-notch.

Audioslave/Soundgarden (whichever guise they're under now) are supposed to be bringing out an album this year.

That's only a few 'well-known' stadium bands that I've pointed out - if yourself and other Oasis devotees would throw off the bed covers and venture forth, you'd see that there's a huge number of bands making excellent records. Try it some time.

I love the kol first 2 album there classic rock records man before they sold out and became puffs. Vampire weekend and arcade fire great bands saw them last month but there not ****ing rock n roll man like the old classic rock n roll of the 60's and 70's mad ****ers like the who, stones and zepplin who also produced amazing music that's what liam gallagher embodies today he's keeping that tradition alive.He's keeping the mod rock style and music alive he's a legend. Live forever . Ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

"puffs"?

And what tradition? Acting like an arsehole and making the same album over and over again? There are great rock bands out there making great music, and I don't think that's diminished by the fact that they have a wash now and then and don't treat people like sh*te. If you like Gallagher's style fair enough; but he's not the future of anything, he's not keeping anything alive.

All Liam is anymore is a cartoon of his own idea of a rockstar. At least Noel has a bit of ambition, and no small supply of talent.

From SCYHO
    Liam Gallagher has said that 'Bring The Light' didn't take him long to write.

He said "I just got on the guitar and booted it around the room a bit, and then took it to them lot. And it got the nod. It was recorded quick. We had this version that was a bit Stonesy and a bit sluggish. So we went home and pulled out a few Eddie Cochran and Gene Vincent records and thought 'That's the way to go.' It's a bit Pistols and Velvets an' all. I like the fact there's hardly any guitars on it. You're not meant to be scratching your chin to it. You're meant to be jumping up and ****ing down. It's got a little theme. Bring the light. ****ing sort this **** out".

Liam told the NME recently that he was not happy about the release of his bands debut track 'Bring The Light' being released as a free download back in November. Which saw more than 350,000 fans download the giveaway in just a day.

"It got everybody off the sofa and humping around like a bunch of ****ing monkeys. And that's what we're after," he explained. "It wasn't my idea to give it away for ****ing nothing though. I'll tell you right now, I wasn't having that."

Beady Eye recently announced they will be playing 2011's Isle Of Wight Festival. The festival - whose illustrious history includes headliners such as band favourites Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Paul Weller - takes place over the weekend of June 10th-12th.

Beady Eye will be playing Sunday 12th before Kasabian's headline slot.
    Tickets are available now

Nope, never said that. You said "there's far better bands out there keeping rock 'n' roll alive" or somit along those lines. I'm just wondering how one comes up with such an opinion after hearing two BDI songs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Nope, never said that. You said "there's far better bands out there keeping rock 'n' roll alive" or somit along those lines. I'm just wondering how one comes up with such an opinion after hearing two BDI songs?

It seems odd that one would think there aren't far better bands out there after hearing those two songs.

tailgunner wrote: »
    It seems odd that one would think there aren't far better bands out there after hearing those two songs.

Again. How do you come to that conclusion?

Also, I don't think anyone has claimed Beady Eye are, or are going to be the best rock 'n' roll band in the world.

I'm not insulting other people choice of music or there ideas of a rock star but a rock star for me is a person who doesn't give a **** what he says or does and is serouisly cool man and dresses class. Also makes quality tunes and unbeleivable live shows and for me liam gallagher shows this the best he's pure rock n roll and keeping it going. Live forever. Ricero

ricero wrote: »
    I'm not insulting other people choice of music or there ideas of a rock star but a rock star for me is a person who doesn't give a **** what he says or does and is serouisly cool man and dresses class. Also makes quality tunes and unbeleivable live shows and for me liam gallagher shows this the best he's pure rock n roll and keeping it going. Live forever. Ricero

Hello Liam Gallagher :)

Well, on evidence of the 2 Beady Eye songs, one is pretty average, the other isn't bad. But not the saviors of rock n roll, just rock n roll by numbers in reality but whatever floats your boat...

Hello Liam Gallagher :)

Well, on evidence of the 2 Beady Eye songs, one is pretty average, the other isn't bad. But not the saviors of rock n roll, just rock n roll by numbers in reality but whatever floats your boat...

i never ever once said they were the Saviour's of rock n roll i just said there keeping it going and i appreciate that because theres to many puff bands out there claiming to be rock stars. they have 3 songs out so far one is average the other to are class i dont like people like you u slate bands before even given them a chance u are what they call a music snob.

live forever

ricero

I'm just a realist ricero ;)

I'm just a realist ricero ;)

Kiss my superbowl ring and beg for forgivness :D

Just needs to announce those nights in the olympia now ! Album looking promising from what ive heard so far .

Liam speaks....
    Liam Gallagher has spoken about Beady Eye's eagerly anticipated debut album 'Different Gear, Still Speeding' that is released on 28th February 2011 on Beady Eye Records. The album features 13 brand new songs written by the band and was recorded at RAK Studios in the autumn of 2010 with producer Steve Lillywhite.

The Beady Eye front man told Uncut that the album is "all brand new" and that "It's really rocking in places and really psychedelic in places" he described it as "colourful" and not "black and white".

He added: "There's a couple of great tunes on there. One called 'Morning Sun' that closes the album. It's a bit Mind Games by Lennon. A lot of strings kind of stuff. There's a tune called "Wigwam" which is probably about drinking too much and gambling. And then it veers off into something else. I'm winging it, mate. You won't get me talking about Oscar Wilde or all that bollocks. I'm just writing the first thing that comes into my head".

Speaking on how the band work together he said that "Gem does his thing, Andy does his thing and I do my thing. Then we all demo them and work on the songs together. I write on guitar. Or... I barely write on guitar. I've got a guitar in the house on its last legs, man. I sit round and play the guitar 'til I get bored. Then I go for a walk. Try to get some lyrics down and away we go".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

ricero wrote: »
    i just said there keeping it going and i appreciate that because theres to many puff bands out there claiming to be rock stars

Who are the puff bands claiming to be rock stars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

LG is the traditional rock and roll star. He's ICONIC. Toooooniiiiight I'm a rock and roll star. First tune of their first album spoke the truth.

All these other bands that were mentioned. Vampire Weekend, Arcade Fire and Kasabian. Fair enough they have decent tunes. I mean who the fcuk is their front man (I know the Kasabian frontman Tom Meeghan)?! The majority of us walking down the street wouldnt look twice if they walked past us. Even my aul lad knows who LG is.

He has it all, style, a great stage presence, a great voice, a blossoming writing talent (its getting better (man!!)) and he has a fcuking personality. He's straight up and there no bull****ing him. People hate him for the same reason they hate Roy Keane, they tell it like it is and alot of the time people dont want to hear the truth.

Lets all give Beady Eye a chance, when the album comes out THEN people can make their minds up about LG and Beady Eye.

Live Forever

zimovain wrote: »

T'is true buddy.

http://www.beadyeyemusic.com/news.php?id=192
    Liam and Gem will be on UK radio tomorrow morning when they sit in with Radio 1's Zane Lowe to spin a selection of their favourite tunes in the 'Versus' slot. Zane will also be playing 'The Roller'. Check it out from 8am.

The single will also be available to listen to at the band's YouTube channel HERE! from tomorrow morning as well as your favourite radio stations around the world.

The video for ‘The Roller’ will be premiered in the UK on Channel 4 at midnight (local time) on the 10th January, and promises daredevil stunts. The band recorded the film in sub zero temperatures in Cambridgeshire in December performing in a ‘Motorcycle Wall of Death’, one of only two in the country, complete with motorcycle stunt riders. After the Channel Four premiere fans can watch the video at the band's YouTube channel HERE!

This is the third track Beady Eye have made available for fans to hear after giving away a free download of ‘Bring The Light’ via their website in November, and premiering a video for ‘Four Letter Word’ on Boxing Day on NME.com and here at the band’s website. The songs have been viewed over one million times since appearing on the band’s site. All songs will be on ‘Different Gear, Still Speeding’ which is released on 28th February 2011 on Beady Eye Records.

Live4Ever wrote: »
    LG is the traditional rock and roll star. He's ICONIC.
    The majority of us walking down the street wouldnt look twice if they walked past us. Even my aul lad knows who LG is.

He;s also an arrogant c**t unfortunately, words he'd probably use himself....
    He seems to think that Oasis were the best band EVER and that Beady Eye will be the best band EVER. He had some respect for his Oasis fans alright didn't he? By not turning up to Oasis gigs, or walking off mid-gig in other places? Who the heck does he think he is? He wouldn't be where he is, but for people buying albums and concert tickets....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

In America he didn't show up for gigs which is what they deserve! They got to see Noel perform essentially solo shows, what more could any Oasis fan want?

He left one show half way through in Paris because he got a shoe thrown at him, returned and got more bottles thrown at him. Would you continue to do your job if the great French public were throwing shoes and bottles at you?! One assumes not.

:D

167446_183242511694373_125591624126129_576423_949890_n.jpg

In America he didn't show up for gigs which is what they deserve! They got to see Noel perform essentially solo shows, what more could any Oasis fan want?

He left one show half way through in Paris because he got a shoe thrown at him, returned and got more bottles thrown at him. Would you continue to do your job if the great French public were throwing shoes and bottles at you?! One assumes not.

what were the circumstances of him getting a shoe thrown at him? Those pesky French eh? So, you're saying an American who pays money into a show not to have the lead singer show up "gets what they deserve".??? That's outrageous...

There is a good reason Oasis didn't crack America. Liam wasn't prepared to put in the work, and the yanks don't like pr1cks much, especially English ones...

Liam spends more time mouthing off about this and that instead of shutting his gob and letting his music do the talking.....

He was a good frontman for Oasis, but the creative input to that band was his brother....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

what were the circumstances of him getting a shoe thrown at him? Those pesky French eh? So, you're saying an American who pays money into a show not to have the lead singer show up "gets what they deserve".??? That's outrageous...

There is a good reason Oasis didn't crack America. Liam wasn't prepared to put in the work, and the yanks don't like pr1cks much, especially English ones...

Liam spends more time mouthing off about this and that instead of shutting his gob and letting his music do the talking.....

He was a good frontman for Oasis, but the creative input to that band was his brother....

He wasn't wearing a stripey jumper, holding a baguette or even wearing a beret!

Obviously the exclamation mark is lost on some people!

Americans don't like pricks? Brandon Flowers did a Liam Gallagher on it before Sam's Town came out claiming it was going to be the greatest album ever and that no band could touch them. Still sold over a million there.

maybe I should have added that America has enough of it's own langers without needing another one imported. Oasis did themselves no favours in America with their carry on, where bands who have a good work ethic will do alright over there (from what they say..)

I'm no Killers fan either, so couldn't care less what Brandon Flowers says...

Plus, you look at most Oasis fans. A lot of them are the football terrace type, soccer chants at gigs. No way will America take that...

Saying that, Blur never did a whole lot in the states, but to me anyways, produced far more interesting and better music than Oasis ever did. They never really settled for one style. Oasis, while having some cracking tunes, kind of stuck with the same, when they could have done a Primal Scream on it....

Anyways, this ain't an Oasis thread. I won't hold my breath that Beady Eye's album will be a stonker, but if it is, I'll eat humble pie.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Live4Ever wrote: »
    LG is the traditional rock and roll star. He's ICONIC. Toooooniiiiight I'm a rock and roll star. First tune of their first album spoke the truth.

All these other bands that were mentioned. Vampire Weekend, Arcade Fire and Kasabian. Fair enough they have decent tunes. I mean who the fcuk is their front man (I know the Kasabian frontman Tom Meeghan)?! The majority of us walking down the street wouldnt look twice if they walked past us. Even my aul lad knows who LG is.

If your ego and your image is more important than your actual music, I'd say there's a big problem. In fact, I'd say it was one of the biggest problems with the generation of musicians that Gallagher represents, where the image of the band and the "lifestyle" associated with them - or rather, the marketing thereof - was at least as important to their success as their actual output.

Most folks may not know what Arcade Fire's frontman looks like - although for the record he's actually a pretty striking looking dude - but if they know what he sounds like, who cares? It seems to me like that's the right direction for things to be moving in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

If your ego and your image is more important than your actual music, I'd say there's a big problem. In fact, I'd say it was one of the biggest problems with the generation of musicians that Gallagher represents, where the image of the band and the "lifestyle" associated with them - or rather, the marketing thereof - was at least as important to their success as their actual output.

Most folks may not know what Arcade Fire's frontman looks like - although for the record he's actually a pretty striking looking dude - but if they know what he sounds like, who cares? It seems to me like that's the right direction for things to be moving in.

yeah but they are boring, there's nothing interesting to them, no flare or swagger. say what you like about the gallaghers music, as its all subjective, but there is no taking away from their mere presence. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement