Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Reveals Plans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I'm looking forward to Noel's album. The 2 Beady Eye songs I've heard dont do a whole lot for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Arcade fire have some cracking tunes good band but come on there not fukin rock stars they dress like puffs man no style no swag man they look like the village of the damned the way they dress. Liam gallagher in fact the whole beady eye are fukin cool proper rock stars and there tunes back it up the only other band as cool as them around now are the kasabian boys tom meighan is liam gallagher light version ;). Can't wait for this tune tommorow hopefully it turns a few ****ing heads man. Live forever. Ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'd hazard a guess you've not seen Arcade Fire live. Their frontman has a tremendous amount of presence, not least because he's physically enormous.

He's an almost seven-foot-tall Texan in a pair of army boots who screams loud enough to be heard without a microphone from most of the venue. The guy has plenty of natural presence; he doesn't need the News of the World's gossip column to establish it, or a fistful of uppers to maintain it. Regardless of whether or not you'd remember his name if you passed him in Tesco, you'd most definitely know he was there, and that, to me, is the main thing.

I find it hard to imagine that if somebody didn't know who Liam Gallagher is found themselves in the same room, that they'd pay him the slightest bit of notice beyond worrying if he was going to ask for spare change. It's not good enough to say "Ah, he's got a bit of swagger"; not if he's got nothing to justify it. Jedward have swagger.

I don't care how my favourite bands dress. Who does? If I were less inclined to restraint, I'd make a crack about it being pretty "puffy" to worry about that stuff.

I actually saw arcade fire last month very good concert and a great sound of them extremelly good band live. But the lead singer was a ****ing dork he dresses like a deep south of America reverend. And by referring to liam gallaghers style have you not seen or heard of his own clothing range pretty green amazing clothes not at all scruffy and for the price I don't think liam would have to beg for change. Anyway back to the music I have high expectations for this tune tmo liam won't let me down. Live forever ricero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

ricero wrote: »
    Arcade fire have some cracking tunes good band but come on there not fukin rock stars they dress like puffs man no style no swag man they look like the village of the damned the way they dress. Liam gallagher in fact the whole beady eye are fukin cool proper rock stars and there tunes back it up the only other band as cool as them around now are the kasabian boys tom meighan is liam gallagher light version ;). Can't wait for this tune tommorow hopefully it turns a few ****ing heads man. Live forever. Ricero

WUM of 2011 so far....:D:D

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »

Does that stand for wind up merchanT. ? ****ing students thinking your cool with your Internet slang. Live forever ricero

Does that stand for wind up merchanT. ? ****ing students thinking your cool with your Internet slang. Live forever ricero

I'm not a student.... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

tom meighan is liam gallagher light version

Jaysus, don't know if I'd call him the light version:
    kasabian_05_wenn1368735.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

what were the circumstances of him getting a shoe thrown at him? Those pesky French eh? So, you're saying an American who pays money into a show not to have the lead singer show up "gets what they deserve".??? That's outrageous...

There is a good reason Oasis didn't crack America. Liam wasn't prepared to put in the work, and the yanks don't like pr1cks much, especially English ones...

Liam spends more time mouthing off about this and that instead of shutting his gob and letting his music do the talking.....

He was a good frontman for Oasis, but the creative input to that band was his brother....
    maybe I should have added that America has enough of it's own langers without needing another one imported. Oasis did themselves no favours in America with their carry on, where bands who have a good work ethic will do alright over there (from what they say..)

Plus, you look at most Oasis fans. A lot of them are the football terrace type, soccer chants at gigs. No way will America take that...

Saying that, Blur never did a whole lot in the states, but to me anyways, produced far more interesting and better music than Oasis ever did. They never really settled for one style. Oasis, while having some cracking tunes, kind of stuck with the same..

Anyways, this ain't an Oasis thread. I won't hold my breath that Beady Eye's album will be a stonker, but if it is, I'll eat humble pie.....
    If your ego and your image is more important than your actual music, I'd say there's a big problem. In fact, I'd say it was one of the biggest problems with the generation of musicians that Gallagher represents, where the image of the band and the "lifestyle" associated with them - or rather, the marketing thereof - was at least as important to their success as their actual output.

Most folks may not know what Arcade Fire's frontman looks like - although for the record he's actually a pretty striking looking dude - but if they know what he sounds like, who cares? It seems to me like that's the right direction for things to be moving in.
    I find it hard to imagine that if somebody didn't know who Liam Gallagher is found themselves in the same room, that they'd pay him the slightest bit of notice beyond worrying if he was going to ask for spare change. It's not good enough to say "Ah, he's got a bit of swagger"; not if he's got nothing to justify it. Jedward have swagger.

I don't care how my favourite bands dress. Who does? If I were less inclined to restraint, I'd make a crack about it being pretty "puffy" to worry about that stuff.

OK first off Oasis were never, ever serious about cracking America. They couldn't have cared less. Liam came home early cause he had no desire to be there. That was their choice. It's not like they gave America 100% and got nowhere. The gave it about 10%. They still have quite a following over there though.

LG and Oasis haven't got the same reputation that say Axl Rose does when it comes to arriving on stage late, walking off early of canceling gigs completely. They generally get on with it and do a great show.

As for mouthing off that is LG's style. He's up straight and tells you all like it is (little pun for the hardcores ;)). Many people don't like that. As for being arrogant, yeah of course he is. He has 100% belief in himself and whatever band he is in. I respect him for that. They didn't exactly have a good childhood, they have an alcoholic Dad who regularly beat up the whole family when they were kids. Surely that would have an impact on anyone? They deserve all their fame and wealth.

Liam came up with the now infamous "so sally can wait" line and has wrote cracking tunes. Not creative? How exactly would you know that? Unless you've been at every recording session involving LG you haven't a clue what your on about. Bullshi*t point.

Yeah there are a good few "football terrace" fans. There were loads at Slane. Let's be honest the Gallaghers are from a poor Manchester background so obviously they will have this following. There are still millions of decent people worldwide who love Oasis or the Gallaghers as much as anyone.

Look man nobody likes Oasis pure for their 'lifestyle'. We are Oasis music fans first and foremost. I didn't know a thing about LG or NG until years after I heard their music which I instantly loved. LG is a scruffy beggar?? Man you are delusional. He has his own award winning, designer clothing label. I was in the London shop. The clothes are mint. LG is one of the most stylish rockstars out there. He once said "You don't need to be a smelly git to be in a rock band. I mean we all wear deodorant." Case closed.

Jedward have swagger? :eek: wow. really? wow.

This thread was for fans of Beady Eye to talk about the new band and their album. Can we keep it that way? Oasis does not equal Beady Eye, they are completely separate.

I started an Oasis thread a while back. I will happily debate Oasis 24/7 with you in that forum and so will the rest of the guys.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056093675

Anyway.....

I fcuking love The Roller. Its a serious tune. Very Lennon inspired which I like but it certainly has the LG and Beady Eye twist which I love. Amazing song. I presume zimovain and ricero are instant fans! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJhpiByqIoo&feature=player_embedded

Live Forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

And by referring to liam gallaghers style have you not seen or heard of his own clothing range pretty green amazing clothes not at all scruffy and for the price I don't think liam would have to beg for change.

Yeah I think it's great that Liam has found a way to make even more money off his fans by making clothes. Some people might say it's much like Britney and Beyonce with their perfumes trying to squeeze every last possible cent out of gullible people but it isn't because he's a rock and roll staaaaaaaarrr!

And if he wasn't a rock and roll star he'd be a fashion designer and we all know how cool and hard those guys are.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, don't know if I'd call him the light version:
    kasabian_05_wenn1368735.jpg

not in the wast line department but in the way he acts like a ****ing rock star. anyone hear this new tune the roller todayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJhpiByqIoo good tune very relaxing they rip of all you need is love at the start pretty obvious

live forever ricero

any chance of changing the thread name to beady eye ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Loving "The Roller".

Top notch lads. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

I think people need to sit back and say hang on a second...... Beady Eye have actually produced good music so far. The lyrics for Bring the Light were poor enough but the music is extremely catchy. Its had a good bit of radio time too, which Oasis in the end, didn't have.

There is nothing wrong with Four Letter Word and I've listened to The Roller only once and thought its the strongest by far. With Oasis/Beady Eye there is no fans inbetween. Everyone likes them or they dont. Generally the people who hate them are of a certain type. Music Snobs as has been mentioned on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Best song from Gem in a longtime. Some background
    The Roller
    In an interview for the December 2000 edition of Select Magazine, Noel made the following brief quote about this song. "Gem's written his first song for the band, called 'The Roller' - it's like T Rex doing `Instant Karma'".

On the 27th June 2002, in an interview for BBC Radio London, Noel mentioned the song whilst talking about Gem. "He wrote two [songs for Heathen Chemistry], one was called 'The Roller' which we didn't, for whatever reason, didn't quite nail in the studio, that'll probably end up on a b-side somewhere.", Listen to Noel here. This confirms that 'The Roller' is in fact a completely separate song to 'Hung In A Bad Place' and not a working title, as was commonly thought.

source: http://www.mrmonobrow.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/unheard/94topresent.html

zimovain you are a hero. Always have a great update. You must spend all day reading Gallagher news haha

must of listened to the roller now about 10 times it gets better with every listen please beady eye come to ireland.

lads what date next month does the album come out ?

I tend to just listen to John Lennon rather than John Lennon inspired music...:confused:

I tend to just listen to John Lennon rather than John Lennon inspired music...:confused:

yea but i dont think he will be bringing out an other record anytime soon. listen i love the beatles amazing musicians but come on they have inspired ****ing everyone since they have been out i recently read lady gaga was most inspired by the beatles. can you not just but aside all your hatred for the greatest front man ever liam gallagher and embrace the beady eye because your going to be hearing a lot of them for the next decade me thinks ;)

live forever

ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

aDeener wrote: »
    yeah but they are boring, there's nothing interesting to them, no flare or swagger. say what you like about the gallaghers music, as its all subjective, but there is no taking away from their mere presence. :cool:

Seen them myself and the front-man climbed the girders on stage, beat the tar out of some spare drums and was like a loon, generally.

He;s also an arrogant c**t unfortunately, words he'd probably use himself....
    He seems to think that Oasis were the best band EVER and that Beady Eye will be the best band EVER. He had some respect for his Oasis fans alright didn't he? By not turning up to Oasis gigs, or walking off mid-gig in other places? Who the heck does he think he is? He wouldn't be where he is, but for people buying albums and concert tickets....

Agreed. When I saw them, he finished by saying to the crowd, 'You've been great, but frankly, we've been better.' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Live4Ever wrote: »
    As for mouthing off that is LG's style. He's up straight and tells you all like it is (little pun for the hardcores ;)). Many people don't like that.

"We can't handle the truth", is that it? I'm not convinced. I'm all for telling it like it is, but what has he really got to say, exactly?
    Jedward have swagger? :eek: wow. really? wow.

They do. And why not? Sure they think they're brilliant. It doesn't mean they're justified in their thinking; it certainly doesn't mean they should be respected for it.

Indeed.
    I actually saw arcade fire last month very good concert and a great sound of them extremelly good band live.

I'd have believed this, but for the fact that -
    But the lead singer was a ****ing dork he dresses like a deep south of America reverend.

- they haven't dressed in the way you described in about six years. That is how you might think they look if you'd just image googled them real quickly though...

"We can't handle the truth", is that it? I'm not convinced. I'm all for telling it like it is, but what has he really got to say, exactly?

They do. And why not? Sure they think they're brilliant. It doesn't mean they're justified in their thinking; it certainly doesn't mean they should be respected for it.

Indeed.

I'd have believed this, but for the fact that -

- they haven't dressed in the way you described in about six years. That is how you might think they look if you'd just image googled them real quickly though...

can we get back to talking about beady eye and liam gallagher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

This is a very good point, definitely applies to Oasis/Gallaghers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

Jill, It's got to be pointed out how hypocritical it is of you to get so aggrovated by Gallagher fanboys when you cream yourself over anything the Arcade Fire touches. Oasis and the Fire had a quality debut each but Oasis improved on theirs at least once whereas the AF have been rolling downhill ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Bubs102 wrote: »
    Jill, It's got to be pointed out how hypocritical it is of you to get so aggrovated by Gallagher fanboys when you cream yourself over anything the Arcade Fire touches. Oasis and the Fire had a quality debut each but Oasis improved on theirs at least once whereas the AF have been rolling downhill ever since

I'm not really sure why Arcade Fire are being discussed, but Neon Bible is at least as good as Funeral, arguably better. I haven't listened to The Suburbs yet.

Definitely Maybe, on the other hand, was easily where Oasis peaked. Noel Gallagher has admitted that countless times.

Beady Eye are grand. It's fairly inoffensive radio-friendly rock 'n' roll, same as what Oasis had been doing for most of the last decade. What's annoying is the idea that Liam Gallagher is some sort of hero, when all he really does is sing in a recognisable voice, and scowl quite a lot. I don't think he deserves this "idol" status. For the record, I have a lot of time for his brother, who is genuinely witty and is a fine songwriter.

As for Liam "telling it like it is", what exactly is "it"? What is he telling us?

:)
    tailgunner wrote: »
    As for Liam "telling it like it is", what exactly is "it"? What is he telling us?

He's telling us we're all c**ts :D;)..

Even if you hate LG or Oasis or Beady Eye, to include them in the same sentence as Jedward is a crime. I mean, Jeward? Are you blind and deaf?

"Jedward have swagger" is probably the most hilarious / outrageous qoute I have ever heard. Unless you are joking, in which case its funny sh1t.

I mean in interviews etc he is straight up and doesn't hold back.

Seriously this Arcade Fire business is getting annoying. I'm sure their a good band and all. Go start your own thread and leave the Beady Eye fanboys in peace.

I see Miles Kane is supporting the Beady Eye Tour. He's the guy out of The Last of the Shadow Puppets?? Dont know anything other than what he did with them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

The video for ‘The Roller’ will be premiered in the UK on Channel 4 at midnight tonight (local time) on the 10th January, and promises daredevil stunts.

The band recorded the film in sub zero temperatures in Cambridgeshire in December performing in a ‘Motorcycle Wall of Death’, one of only two in the country, complete with motorcycle stunt riders.

After the Channel Four premiere fans can watch the video at the band's YouTube channel

Cool. I just checked and it is definetly on tonight, wasn't sure if there was a schedule difference between ROI and the UK.

Defo staying up for this! :D

Live4Ever wrote: »
    :)

He's telling us we're all c**ts :D;)..

Even if you hate LG or Oasis or Beady Eye, to include them in the same sentence as Jedward is a crime. I mean, Jeward? Are you blind and deaf?

"Jedward have swagger" is probably the most hilarious / outrageous qoute I have ever heard. Unless you are joking, in which case its funny sh1t.

I mean in interviews etc he is straight up and doesn't hold back.

Seriously this Arcade Fire business is getting annoying. I'm sure their a good band and all. Go start your own thread and leave the Beady Eye fanboys in peace.

I see Miles Kane is supporting the Beady Eye Tour. He's the guy out of The Last of the Shadow Puppets?? Dont know anything other than what he did with them...

well his band the rascals broke up and looks like the last shadow puppets arnt making a new album anytime soon which is a shame so hes gone solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7g8zhk5KZM thats one of his new songs not to bad a bit catchy nice riff.

when will beady eye hurry up and ****ing announce an Irish date im dieing to see them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Can't wait. 10 mins now :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement