Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

STI levers

• 27-03-2010 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Upgrading gear/brake levers with new Shimano compatible. Weight is not an issue and left lever must be a triple.

CRC offer
    Shimano 105 5600's @ €168
    Shimano 105 5603's @ €213 and
    Shimano 105 5703's @ €179

Any suggestions re which is the best or is there better?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

I can recommend the Ultegra 66030 set and I found a good deal when I went to look up a replacement for a broken shifter. I was checking CRC, Wiggle, Evans and the rest when I came across a shop in Germany through E-Bay - look up http://stores.shop.ebay.de/Price-Attack__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I thought the prices were good, though I can't say more than that yet as they are still on the way (ordered on Wednesday). The pair were €169.9 plus €12.50 postage which compares very well with the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

When I built up my bike with Ultegra I bought all the parts at the cheapest I could find them. Lowest price I sourced for levers was Bike24 for Ultegra 6603 3x10 levers. €139+€10 shipping. Sorry Cadex.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Clydes

Tks again Cadex.

Following your link I bought these.

The seller can be a bit slow to respond at times but that may be because the German/English translator on Google is obviously a work in progress.

Cost for shipping was €17

Wow, seriously good price there Clydes. Have you received them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Clydes

On reflection my last post could have been phrased better. It wasn't meant to be a smug. It was simply intended to make others aware of the price.

@ The tax man

I trust this is just a nomme de plume and not your job title

Yes I received them this week.

I did have a problem placing the order - apparently I did not select the correct postage and this drew forth some curt (possibly language barrier) exchanges with a cyber salesperson.

Once this was sorted the whole tranaction was completed very quickly

• Advertisement

Clydes wrote: »
    @ The tax man

I trust this is just a nomme de plume and not your job title

Not job related, just a handle for Boards.:D

I've had issue's myself with a German seller and the language barrier was indeed a pain in the ass.

Advertisement