Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Shower Drain

• 27-03-2010 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a good cleaner for shower drains.

There's an awful smell coming from the drain of my shower. Its a wet room but the drain cover doesn't seem to be removable and, because of this, I seriously doubt whether the drain has been properly cleaned in the 3 years since the building I'm living in has been built. Does anyone know a good way to clean out all the muck thats in the drain without removing the cover?

Thanks,
    fitz0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

without removing the cover , all you can use really is the usually drain cleaners mr muscle and the like , maybe a bit of jeyes fluid once a week would help supress the smell in the drain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

tbh its dangerous and wrong to use cleaners in a shower but if you have no other choice I would go with a foam cleaner like mr muscle. The reason I pick foam is it tends to be less caustic and you can see the foam coming back up in time to stop applying.

it would be no harm in smearing the chrome on the trap in vaseline to stop the foam staining it.

Wipe it(The vaseline) away good or you will go for a hop

Advertisement