Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading Games into Gamestop or X.V ?

Options
  • 27-03-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Seeing as my second 360 has RROD I am now looking to get a PS3 instead.

Only problem being the 40 or so 360 games I have

I know Id get better value if I sold the games seperatly and GS/X.V will only give a fiver if even that for a game I paid 30 quid for etc but its just easier to give the lot to them.

So my question is would I get better value trading them in against a PS3 bundle in Gamestop or Xtra-vision?Which one seems to give better value for used games? Im only looking for a rough idea of how much Id be getting off a PS3 bundle as I realise you cant be too accurate with your answers as I haven't listed what games they are but any useful replies appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

only my opinion but i think you will get more in XV. you could try adverts first, let fellow boardies feast on the better games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AnswerBAK

I traded 3 games in xtravision a few weeks ago and got like 60 EUR so I think they are pretty good for trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I would say XV. too, plus they have a nice bundle atm, PS3 250gb with God of War 3 and Battlefield BC2 for 350€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Deffo XV. I recently went to Gamestop with the bro to sell a few of his ps3 games and got pittance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Mochara627

Definitely XV. GameStop are cheaper for buying but XV give you better value on trade-ins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

Xtra-vision it is so! Went in there today and they had 2 PS3 bundles: PS3 120GB and a game for circa 325 and the second bundle is same as above except with 250 GB HD for circa 350. Im presuming the 250gb model is the one to go for, for the sake of €20?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Yeah sure go with the bigger one, as you say for the sake of 20 blips.
    You can always install a bigger hard drive though if you want.
    I would say Xtravision as well for the trade ins.
    They are doing a deal for God of War at the mo, trade in any two games for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

eddhorse wrote: »
    They are doing a deal for God of War at the mo, trade in any two games for it.

Absolutely any .... of the 10 titles mentioned in the fine print, below:

Banner-1-Euros.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Terms and conditions apply, i was going to bring in "Lost" and "Spiderman"
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

^ haha I'd say the case is the same value as the games at this stage! :P

I was wondering does Xtra Vision give cash or credit for trading in games, and do you need an account with them to do so? Any advise would be appreciated! I'm looking to trade in PGR 4, Gears of War, Splinter Cell Double Agent and the Darkness for a decent enough recent game. Any suggestions? Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I was wondering does Xtra Vision give cash or credit for trading in games, and do you need an account with them to do so? Any advise would be appreciated! I'm looking to trade in PGR 4, Gears of War, Splinter Cell Double Agent and the Darkness for a decent enough recent game. Any suggestions? Cheers :)

I traded in the most recent Ratchet & Clank game. Was offered, either, €24 trade-in value or €20 cash. Dunno whether I could have got store credit in place of having to choose a title there and then.

I don't have a Xtravision account, btw.

Also, I reckon you'd be offered half a pittance for each of your titles. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Fnz wrote: »
    I traded in the most recent Ratchet & Clank game. Was offered, either, €24 trade-in value or €20 cash. Dunno whether I could have got store credit in place of having to choose a title there and then.

I don't have a Xtravision account, btw.

Also, I reckon you'd be offered half a pittance for each of your titles. :D

Probably! I'm just a poor student though :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Did you try GameStop?

I traded FIFA 09, GOW1, NFS: Pro Street, Colin McRae and Guitar Hero 2 yesterday and got Bioshock 2, Vancouver 2010 and PGR4(originally picked Tom Clancy H.A.W.K but they didnt have it in stock).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

apologise to the person behind you in the queue as u put all 40 games on the counter for trade in values :D

Advertisement