Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killiney Hill Sunset

• 27-03-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Proposing a photo walk to Killiney hill for sunset one of these fine evenings. There has been a bit of talk about something like this recently, especially from those of us who did the Killiney hill sunrise.

Date really open to suggestion, once its not wed-fri this week as I don't want to miss it ;) Sunset today was 18:48, so with the hour change etc I'd say we'd need to meet at around 7 or so to walk and set up, allowing for catching it actually going down as well, which is before the time of sunset naturally!

This is really just a basis for anyone and everyone to show interest, and also for anyone to suggest a date that they reckon would suit others etc.

Looking forward to it already!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Would Saturday evening be a runner (Easter Saturday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

sounds good, suits me! I'll stick it in the OP if one or two more are free then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Would love to join but will be away from Monday on for three weeks...But maybe this Sunset meet will not be the only one...

nope, I doubt it'l be the only one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I'm gonna be in Rome
    on Easter Saturday so I'm out if that's the planned date

• Advertisement

swingking wrote: »
    I'm gonna be in Rome
    on Easter Saturday so I'm out if that's the planned date

It'd be good to have it when a good few of us can make it. Not sure I can make the weekend after though... Any time I suggest stuff, online or offline, everybody's always busy :( Maybe I'm just cursed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I would probably pop along to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭eightcell

I am interested also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Interested :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

I believe this is going ahead this Saturday evening? 3rd April.
    Can ye confirm this is indeed the case so I can apply for a passport :D

• Advertisement

DK32 wrote: »
    I believe this is going ahead this Saturday evening? 3rd April.
    Can ye confirm this is indeed the case so I can apply for a passport :D

Hi all, ye this is definitely going ahead unless it's lashing rain all day Saturday!! I'm on the dingle peninsula at the minute so Internet is, em, limited to say the least :D sorry about the lack or response! Can't wait to see you all there, il check back here tomorrow night when I return to civilisation!

Alex, shall we arrange to meet, same location as before at 7:00pm for the 8:00pm sunset?
    A lot of the good colours for sunsets take place before the actual sun sets.

If no objections & no rain, I'll see you at 7pm

7pm suits me as long as its dry.

DK32 wrote: »
    Alex, shall we arrange to meet, same location as before at 7:00pm for the 8:00pm sunset?

Dan, if you want a lift I will pick you up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

hope to make this one

I'm grand thanks John. Will probably over at the inlaws before hand.

Back from dingle, I'll stick a few photos up when I get a look at them :D All the plans sound good.
    DK32 wrote:

Sounds good, I think I said something along those lines in the OP but ye, we'll confirm on that.

Love if I was going tonight but I'm away here in Rome. Looking forward to the results guys

Guys, I don't think I will be going this evening. The weather is brutal at the moment. Hail stones here in Greystones :(

Might go tomorrow at the same time if the weather is better.

I agree dan, lashing down here, not going to lighten up. Was also thinking of heading up if the weather is better tomorrow. same time.

• Advertisement

Taken at 19.40 approx. Didn't go to Killiney Hill
    6852EF1326804B5080E7700406A85F21-500.jpg

what do we think about this evening??

alexlyons wrote: »
    what do we think about this evening??

Alex, sorry I can't make it this evening

me neither unfortunately, the ol' sunday dinner is in the oven :D hopefully we can rearrange this, suggestions welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

On a related note I did the sunrise trek to Killiney on Easter Saturday and avoided the bad weather - got some nice pics:

7F03369CBDD84DBFA31959877D3415C2-800.jpg

I'm heading up to Killiney Hill for sunset this evening.

Anyone who wants to join me is very welcome to, although I'm not sure if the weather is gonna allow for good shots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭eightcell

Would love to but in work without the tripod and 18-200mm so I'd have to pass!

I decided to give it a skip. Got things to do

Advertisement