Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wholesale/factory butchers?

Options
  • 28-03-2010 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a wholesale/factory butchers in South Dublin, i know there's one or two on the northside.

does anyone buy meat at these kind of shops? what are they like for quality, price etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I don't know about locations on the south side, but the Dublin Meat Company has opened an outlet near us and the meat is very good value and top quality.
    They do specials every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭smallgarden

hey theres courtney food service in kcr if thats of use,ive bought some stuff from them,seems good quality and good price,specials change every so often methinks

http://www.courtneyfoodservice.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

There is a place in Greenogue industrial estate on your way to Newcastle off the N7. Not sure what the name is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

How much are you planning on buying? many butchers have bulk offers on these days, some do them more than others and are sort in effect the same as some of these wholesale outlets. I expect if you asked others they might do a good deal in bulk.

In sallynoggin opposite the church I get 10 chicken fillets for €10, they come in sealed 25packs of irish origin and are 130-140g each. They do deals on bulk chops & mince. I expect they would give further discounts or if you gave a butchers advance notice they might sort it better.

The butcher in the bottom of dun laoghaire shopping centre also has lots of bulk deals last time I went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

rubadub wrote: »
    How much are you planning on buying?

I was thinking about buying something like a whole piece of fillet or striploin, which i could then cut up myself and bung into the freezer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭smallgarden

if you find good value whole fillet,let me know,theyre crazy expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a place called the farm food store on old county road in crumlin that is like a wholesalers, they sell stuff at discount prices, like 2ltr milk for €1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Is there any good value meat outlet like the ones listed above that dont vacuum pack their product?
    I bought a pack of steaks from Courtneys on Meath Street before and found their steaks to taste quite metalic, which I put down to them being vacuum packed and sitting in blood for some time.

Advertisement