Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Separate Audio Or Is Via HDMI Fine?

• 28-03-2010 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Greetings All,
    I bought a Denon AVR 2310 lately and I have a Sky HD box,a Samsung blu-ray player and a HTPC that I made myself connected to it.
    At the moment,I've got all three connected via the HDMI cables only.My question is this,is there any advantage to connecting the audio separately through the optical outputs or else through the Phono Output? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi,

If each of those devices is passing sound over HDMI to your Denon, then there is no advantage in using any other option as an alternative.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭joeali101

Great stuff,thanks very much :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

If you want the HD soundtracks from Blu-Ray discs, you'll have to use a HDMI connection or else use the 5.1 analogue outputs from the player(internal decoding) but that method has its disadvantages.
    Optical does not have the bandwidth for a full 5.1 HD audio transmission.
    (Technically it could have been done but the the 'bright' minds in the movie studios forced the HDMI/HDCP nonsense)

Advertisement