Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kenwood Vs Kitchenmaid food processor

Options
  • 28-03-2010 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

I'm going to start saving for a decent food processor. I have a Kenwood mixer which is great, it's red so want to continue the red theme.
    I like the look of the kitchenmaid ones but they are pricey.
    I want something that will last and be able to handle just about anything.

Anyone have either brand (that comes in red) and how are they working out for you?

De Longhi also have a red 4 slice toaster which I loooove the look of and a matching kettle, also two items I want to get my hands on.
    Mind you I do have a Tesco toaster atm and it's been working great for a good while now but I love the look of the De Longhi one..are they any good though I mean a toaster seems to be a toaster none seem to brown the bread evenly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Food processor - magimix. They do come in multiple colours now, including red. Food processing work horses.

Toasters - dualit. No idea if they come in red, but they're repairable and it's supposed to be a 'toaster for life'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

imho domestic food processors are mostly badly designed and cheaply made. As a result they have a life span of a few years at best. better to buy an inexpensive one that works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah I have the Kenwood K-Mix and it's great, got it in power city as it was the cheapest place I found it €279. Went with KW because they last a lifetime...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Have a Cuisinart that I had to leave in the family home (the kitchen in a small flat is fairly space-limited), it really was excellent. At the moment, I'm using the food processor attachment on a kenwood chef titanium, and really, I've yet to notice any functional difference beyond the obvious (that it's more hassle to put together and use and take apart and clean and return to the cupboard).

Personally, I'd start off by getting a good quality kenwood with a few attachments (right now I've got the food processor, the liquidiser and the mincer and all work really quite well - I'm sure dedicated units might exceed their abilities, but I've no tasks that would push them hard enough to notice). Kenwoods really are quite solid if you get the better ones - my mother got hers as a wedding gift and it finally flaked out thirty-one years later. We could have repaired it, but the cost of the spare motor was more than the cost of a new one.

Advertisement