Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any gay bars screen any football matches etc.?

Options
  • 28-03-2010 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Probably a really stupid question! I've never been to a gay bar or anything, only came out recently. My friends have been great and saying they'd have no problem coming with me to one, but I'm a bit apprehensive, I don't know why!

I was thinking it might be a good way to ease them (and me!) into it by going to see some sports in one, maybe the Champions League quarter finals on Tuesday/Wednesday? Maybe they all do, maybe none of them, I haven't a clue! Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

The Front Lounge play sporting events such as the rugby, I'd say thats probably your best bet. I think they have one of those blackboard signs outside that mentions if theres something particularly important playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Generally - no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

I've watched numerous matches in numerous gay venues in Cork. Lesbians like sport too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,704 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Aard wrote: »
    Generally - no.

Generally the Front Lounge *does*...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

!!! wrote: »
    I've watched numerous matches in numerous gay venues in Cork. Lesbians like sport too :p

Numerous gay venues in Cork? besides club nights thought there was only Chambers and Loafers? Are there more?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Okay numerous was an exageration as I watched plenty of matches in flux. (now closed down but re-opening this weekend so...), loafers and I'm sure The Other Place do too.

Advertisement