Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New FIFA Conspiracy against Ireland at World Cup?

• 28-03-2010 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Anyone else buy the 2002 FIFA World Cup DVD with the Irish Independent today?

It showed all of Germany's group games except the one against Ireland. That was the game in which Robbie Keane scored that goal. Michael Ballack referred to it several times but they failed to show it. The only coverage of Ireland on the DVD was the game they lost on penalties to Spain.

They showed China who never scored a goal in the competition at all. They also presented Irish fans as drunken leprechauns. Roy Keane's famous departure was briefly mentioned.

Is this another part of the FIFA conspiracy against Ireland? They showed France, who got knocked out in the group stages, more times than Ireland along with plenty of shots of Thierry Henry.

A letter to the Irish Independent? Discuss.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Hows Yvonne these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Because robbie keane is a tool.

And the Irish Independant exist only to annoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Chillaxe wrote:
    Hows Yvonne these days?

Grand. However she is upset also.

Your opinion? About the DVD?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Didn't buy it, problem solved :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I don't think anyone outside of Ireland would care that much to intentionally edit stuff out of the dvd.

• Advertisement

Anyone else buy the 2002 FIFA World Cup DVD with the Irish Independent today?

It showed all of Germany's group games except the one against Ireland. That was the game in which Robbie Keane scored that goal. Michael Ballack referred to it several times but they failed to show it. The only coverage of Ireland on the DVD was the game they lost on penalties to Spain.

They showed China who never scored a goal in the competition at all. They also presented Irish fans as drunken leprechauns. Roy Keane's famous departure was briefly mentioned.

Is this another part of the FIFA conspiracy against Ireland? They showed France, who got knocked out in the group stages, more times than Ireland along with plenty of shots of Thierry Henry.

A letter to the Irish Independent? Discuss.

They probably just want a better platform to promote the World Cup 2010 by showing the teams who actually qualified.

Chillaxe wrote: »
    They probably just want a better platform to promote the World Cup 2010 by showing the teams who actually qualified.

Including China?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

remember the time they left Ireland out of the football game too

defintiely discrimination going on there tbh

Including China?

Maybe they just love the food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

China has a population of well over 1bn people....that's a pretty huge market that FIFA would love to expand in plus 2002 was China's first World Cup finals appearance so I don't see the problem with showing them plus the 2002 world cup was held in Asia.

France were the reigning world cup holders in 2002 so it's pretty obvious that they would get coverage.

I'm pretty sure FIFA have better things to be doing than plotting and conspiring against little old Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Who made the DvD production.

I'm guessing it wasn't an Irish production company so?

FIFA produced the DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

tbh it was just a poorly done dvd didnt even show the 3rd place play-off even though it was prob the game of the tournament.

No conspiracy they just focused on the big teams and shocks of the tournament

FIFA produced the DVD.

I see. I'm guessing FIFA don't make their own videos, so made in Switzerland perhaps.

So why would Ireland be in it again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

I'm sure several people have had a hand in this conspiracy :D

studiorat wrote: »
    I see. I'm guessing FIFA don't make their own videos, so made in Switzerland perhaps.

So why would Ireland be in it again?

Why would they not show Ireland v Germany when they showed every other German games?

Robbie Keane scored a goal in the dying minutes fromthe tightest of angles against one of the best teams in the world.

They also showed plenty of Cameroon except the game versus Ireland.

A letter to the Irish Independent is pending.

Emme wrote: »
    I'm sure several people have had a hand in this conspiracy :D

Ah Ref!!!
    Why would they not show Ireland v Germany when they showed every other German games?
    .[/I]

Maybe it was made in Germany then, or maybe Germany are a more interesting team. Cameroon are anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Armas22

Don't know about anyone else, but Ireland bored the hell out of me during the qualifications - but maddeningly, after I had dismissed them as a waste of time, they redeemed everything with THAT game in Paris. What a performance! I wonder what style the'd have adopted in South Africa. Depressingly, we'd probably have been back to paint-drying stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fantasia1

Armas22 wrote: »
    Don't know about anyone else, but Ireland bored the hell out of me during the qualifications - but maddeningly, after I had dismissed them as a waste of time, they redeemed everything with THAT game in Paris. What a performance! I wonder what style the'd have adopted in South Africa. Depressingly, we'd probably have been back to paint-drying stuff.

Here hoping the 2010 World Cup is a complete failure and Septic Bladder looks like the Swiss Twit he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Purchiz

look at Sepp blatters wiki page

he is some twat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Armas22

Fantasia1 wrote: »
    Here hoping the 2010 World Cup is a complete failure and Septic Bladder looks like the Swiss Twit he is.
    He'd still call it a success no matter what happens.

I saw a headline on a news site along the lines of "Henry accuses Arsenal players of cheating". To my huge disappointment, it turned out to be Karl Henry of Wolves, and not Barcelona's Goldenhand.

Advertisement