Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brisbane and can't find work

Options
  • 28-03-2010 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am currently in Brisbane and am seeking work. Problem is I am having difficulty in finding any.. I am looking for anything at all, just so I can get a wage.

I have tried to get farm work but can't get that either. I've been using the Courier Mail and Gumtree to no avail. I just need 2 months work..

Have any of you been in my situation and eventually found work? I'm beginning to think it's not going to happen.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Regards,
    Walrus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

What sort of things have you done before? Which areas have you gone around handing out CVs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Well, I've submitted CVs to a lot of ads on Gumtree. The jobs are located throughout Brisbane..

I also gave my CV to a few restaurants and bars in the Valley but not one call...

I have experience in:
    IT
    Farming
    Bars
    Furniture Factory
    Ducks

I'm an all-rounder!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

There is a jobs club in the Base Palace Backpackers, loads of casual work there when I was over and all my mates got sorted out of it. Go to reception and enquire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Do you white card and apply to agencies like globe and drake im still getting calls from them to see am i available for work and i havent been there in a month! Seems to be loads of work with these agencies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Might try those suggestions.. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement