Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now vodafone want an extra €2.20pm for mailbox?? sneaky

• 28-03-2010 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭

When you move from BT BB to Vodafone BB everything will stay exactly the same .... liars.

1. Cut off at least once a day, sometimes even more.

2. Unlimited D/l allowance, now restricted.

3. Mailbox was free.... now they want 2.20pm.

Price has gone down about 5 euro but so has d/l allowance.

Why are we always conned? I cancelled that mailbox thingy. I'd go back to Eircom but too scared. It takes 30 days for transfer to go through!! To allow a proper BB provider shift all their customers to a mickey mouse outfit is a shame but thats the way we are and will never change.

gb--

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lmryo

@ GBCULLEN

Well said

you forget to mention in their letter they say " Everything has been taken care for you"

check home broadband evening speeds here on boards.ie and see
    the amount of complaints Vodafone are getting

views - 36598
    posts - 1378

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭muffinhead

I posted a thread querying the mailbox charge:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055784369

Nobody clarified the situation so I just cancelled it :rolleyes: . However, my package still works out better value than Eircom so I'm staying put for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

Sorry, I missed that but it looks as if Vodafone Paul has disappered. I think we are stuck and better keep an eye out as I am sure Voda will try and clean us out.

gbcullen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I'm sick of them. I'm with BT for five years & was switched over to Vodafone. In the five years with BT I had four issues, one of them my own fault & all resolved within a coupl eof days. Ever since BT took over I get dropouts all the time, lower speed & a crappier service. I'm just waiting for UPC to (hopefully) come into my area. Then the landline is going. Sick of their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭jayflame

Had BT, migrated to Vodafone.
    noticed mailbox charges on bill that BT were not charging for.
    Vodafone arranged cancellation and refund of these charges. None since.

Have had a few speed issues, congestion related, same with BT though, connecting through Eircom equipment in exchanges (48-1 contention ratio).

Can't wait for exchange to be upgraded with BT equipment (LLU) then can get faster speeds with less congestion (24-1).

I'm told this mailbox issue was due to BT not charging for this service, Vodafone do. Minor admin error, quickly resolved.

Migration could have been smoother, hopefully will improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

84,000 x €2.20 pm = €184,800pm = €2,032,800 = per year if it was not spotted.

Do you still really think it was a minor admin error??

Thats what vodafone would like you to believe, another example, if you are enduring slow speeds then vodafone would like you to think its only you and its your fault but with Boards.ie the reality is far different. The contention is 48:1 and I dont recall ever been told of the change from 24:1 but that's just another minor admin error. It's amazing how all these minor admin errors benefit the company but not the customer.

gb--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

jayflame wrote: »
    Had BT, migrated to Vodafone.
    noticed mailbox charges on bill that BT were not charging for.
    Vodafone arranged cancellation and refund of these charges. None since.

Have had a few speed issues, congestion related, same with BT though, connecting through Eircom equipment in exchanges (48-1 contention ratio).

Can't wait for exchange to be upgraded with BT equipment (LLU) then can get faster speeds with less congestion (24-1).

I'm told this mailbox issue was due to BT not charging for this service, Vodafone do. Minor admin error, quickly resolved.

Migration could have been smoother, hopefully will improve.

I questioned the mailbox charge and was told that it was for an extra mailbox although I never had one. Different folks, different explanations, obviously.

Anyone know what UTV broadband is like?

Advertisement