If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a quote on some speakers?

Options
  • 28-03-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've come here thanks to overwhelming recommendations from some other boardies. I'm looking to get a new home cinema this summer and after a bit of research there's a few packages I'm interested in and want a price for.

Can you quote a price on:

B&W 685 package
    B&W 685 with ASW610 sub (instead of the 608)
    Monitor Audio BR2 AV
    Monitor Audio RX1 AV12

Also the following two amps:
    Denon AVR 1910 and 2310

I'm going to need installation too so do you do it and how much will that cost?

Thanks,
    Cian

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Cian.

Thanks for sticking up the post.

Unfortunatley I would not be able to quote for the B&W speakers as we do not stock any B&W products.

The Monitor Audio we do! (I Use a BR6 setup along with an FB110 Sub and Silver 10i Centre and it sounds fantastic)!!

The BR2AV10 pack is normally priced at £899.95 / 1059.99 Euro but can offer it for an excellent £749.95 / 884.99 Euro
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/bronze-br/br2-av/your-speaker

The RX1AVR pack is normally priced at £1729.80 / 2039.99 Euro but again could offer for just £1499.95 / 1769.99 Euro
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/silver-rx/rx1-av/your-speaker

Denon AVR1910 we have on special priced at £379.95 / 449.99 Euro

Denon AVR2310 on a super Special at £599.95 / 699.99 Euro (Last One - Brand New Boxed - Black)

I'm sure when John reads over these posts he'll come back to you with a price for installing.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Bump. Still need those prices.
    Hi Cian.

Thanks for sticking up the post.

Unfortunatley I would not be able to quote for the B&W speakers as we do not stock any B&W products.

The Monitor Audio we do! (I Use a BR6 setup along with an FB110 Sub and Silver 10i Centre and it sounds fantastic)!!

The BR2AV10 pack is normally priced at £899.95 / 1059.99 Euro but can offer it for an excellent £749.95 / 884.99 Euro
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/bronze-br/br2-av/your-speaker

The RX1AVR pack is normally priced at £1729.80 / 2039.99 Euro but again could offer for just £1499.95 / 1769.99 Euro
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/silver-rx/rx1-av/your-speaker

Denon AVR1910 we have on special priced at £379.95 / 449.99 Euro

Denon AVR2310 on a super Special at £599.95 / 699.99 Euro (Last One - Brand New Boxed - Black)

I'm sure when John reads over these posts he'll come back to you with a price for installing.

Let me know what you think.

Hey Kenny, thanks for the quick reply. The prices sound pretty good. I was kind of just mentioning the RX1 speakers as a hypothetical thing but I might actually go for them if they're that reasonable. I don't know about the 2310 amp though. I assume the 1910 will still work fine with either setup right?

I know I'll have to wait for John but to get a ballpark figure, roughly how much would it cost to install? And how much for cables too? Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to pay in sterling?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

C14N wrote: »
    Bump. Still need those prices.

Hey Kenny, thanks for the quick reply. The prices sound pretty good. I was kind of just mentioning the RX1 speakers as a hypothetical thing but I might actually go for them if they're that reasonable. I don't know about the 2310 amp though. I assume the 1910 will still work fine with either setup right?

I know I'll have to wait for John but to get a ballpark figure, roughly how much would it cost to install? And how much for cables too? Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to pay in sterling?

C14N,

Kenny asked me to have a look at that quote for you so here are some Easter bunny brain prices for you:

BR2 AV10 / Denon AVR1910 price:

Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 2 * 2 Pairs (or 1 pair and a pair of BRFX)
    Monitor Audio Bronze Reference LCR Centre * 1
    Monitor Audio Bronze BRW10 Active Subwoofer

All for £749.95 and we will do the AVR1910 at half recommended retail - ie £224.90 giving a total of just £974.85!

Or

BR2 AV10 price / Denon AVR2310 price:

All for £749.95 and we will do the AVR2310 just £499.95 - ie £250 off recommended retail - ie giving a total of just £1299.95

OR (and this gets more interesting..

RX1 AV12 Pack / AVR1910

Monitor Audio RX1 * 2 Pairs (or 1 pair and a pair of RSFX)
    Monitor Audio RXC Centre * 1
    Monitor Audio RXW12 Active Subwoofer

The speaker pack alone should retail at £2160 approx buy it at £1499.95 and we will do the AVR1910 at half recommended retail - ie £224.90 giving a total of just £1724.90!

Or Finally..

RX1 AV12 Pack / AVR2310

The Speaker pack alone should retail at £2160 approx - buy it at £1499.95 and we will do the AVR2310 at just £399.95 - giving a total of just £1899.90!

Have we got you worried now ;)

It's pretty much all in atock as well so we could relieve your Good Friday Boredom for you no problem....

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

C14N,

Kenny asked me to have a look at that quote for you so here are some Easter bunny brain prices for you:

BR2 AV10 / Denon AVR1910 price:

All for £749.95 and we will do the AVR1910 at half recommended retail - ie £224.90 giving a total of just £974.85!

Or

BR2 AV10 price / Denon AVR2310 price:

All for £749.95 and we will do the AVR2310 just £499.95 - ie £250 off recommended retail - ie giving a total of just £1299.95

OR (and this gets more interesting..

RX1 AV12 Pack / AVR1910

The speaker pack alone should retail at £2160 approx buy it at £1499.95 and we will do the AVR1910 at half recommended retail - ie £224.90 giving a total of just £1724.90!

Or Finally..

RX1 AV12 Pack / AVR2310

The Speaker pack alone should retail at £2160 approx - buy it at £1499.95 and we will do the AVR2310 at just £399.95 - giving a total of just £1899.90!

Have we got you worried now ;)

It's pretty much all in atock as well so we could relieve your Good Friday Boredom for you no problem....

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John I'll tell you one thing and that's that you know how to tempt a guy. Unfortunately as of now I don't actually have the money which is a massive shame:( I won't be able to afford these until summer sadly and I also want to give them a try somewhere when I do. I know it's pushing it but can I get an offer even close to this if it's going to wait that long?

And, kind of unrelated, how much are cables and installation?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

C14N wrote: »
    John I'll tell you one thing and that's that you know how to tempt a guy. Unfortunately as of now I don't actually have the money which is a massive shame:( I won't be able to afford these until summer sadly and I also want to give them a try somewhere when I do. I know it's pushing it but can I get an offer even close to this if it's going to wait that long?

And, kind of unrelated, how much are cables and installation?

C14,

tempter is my middle name! (actually just this morning another Boardie has posted that I'm worse than a heroin dealer :o ) Anyway - install is no problem - we have our own dedicated installers - where are you based? - for kit like this we would be happy to arrange a demo no problem (and of course we offer our famous 14 day exchange) - on the install front - it's not a complicated system and a maximum of a one day install should get you sorted (as long as the cables are not being chased into the wall etc) and that would cost approx £300 - however everything is reviewable in relation to the price of the overall system.

Keep me posted nearer the date and we can arrange demos for you and look at install and cable options - on the price front - don't worry we will look after you - we do like our Boardies..;)

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

C14,

tempter is my middle name! (actually just this morning another Boardie has posted that I'm worse than a heroin dealer :o ) Anyway - install is no problem - we have our own dedicated installers - where are you based? - for kit like this we would be happy to arrange a demo no problem (and of course we offer our famous 14 day exchange) - on the install front - it's not a complicated system and a maximum of a one day install should get you sorted (as long as the cables are not being chased into the wall etc) and that would cost approx £300 - however everything is reviewable in relation to the price of the overall system.

Keep me posted nearer the date and we can arrange demos for you and look at install and cable options - on the price front - don't worry we will look after you - we do like our Boardies..;)

ATB,

John Mc

I'm in the north of Kildare, about a half hour from Dublin. Can I demo the speakers in the Phillips shop or would I have to head on up to Belfast to give them a go? If I showed a picture of the room would it give you a better idea of what installation would be like? I'll be sure to bring this up again when the time is closer, thanks for all the great help:)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.