Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I put my (legally purchased) DVDs on a passport Hard Drive?

• 28-03-2010 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I will be going abroad soon for a few weeks.

I have a large (legit) DVD collection and would like to put them on to a 1 TB hard drive to save on space and weight on the plane.

I'm sure this is possible but which programmes should I use to rip/burn etc on to a drive without taking up too much space.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭larchielads

use leawo its free. just google it. it rips the movie from the disc and saves as an avi file. quality would def be good enough to watch on big screen. pending on how large the actual dvd is, the ripped movie file size will vary. dont worry it wont be anything too big prob somewhere between 700mb to 1.5gb which is still substantially smaller than an actual dvd.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭milmo

Thanks,

I'll give it a go and see how it works out

Advertisement