Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pressure too high for boiler

• 28-03-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hey. The water pressure to my gas boiler is up to 3 bars. I set this myself by accident. Is this too high? Should it closer to 1,1 and a half. Can high pressure damage the boiler. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭volvo 240

Hey. The water pressure to my gas boiler is up to 3 bars. I set this myself by accident. Is this too high? Should it closer to 1,1 and a half. Can high pressure damage the boiler. Thanks

The normal filling pressure for most boilers is 1-1.5 bar. Drain some water out until you are between these levels or at these pressures. Drain by using the drain off on your heating pipework. On a rad or near a rad, hall etc.

Yoy could damage the safety valve as when the system heats up and goes past 3.5 bar the safety valve would open and release water. Most safety valves operate around 3.5 bar.
    Do not drain by using the safety valve under the boiler as you can damage it and then you would have it leaking out water to the outside. They can get bits of grit holding them open and then in most cases need replacing. James:)

Advertisement