Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern Munich vs. Manchester United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ben Hibbs saying it is his ankle, not a broken bone. still not looking good for Chelsea or Bayern return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dcully wrote: »
    Im not a Manc fan but imo Carrick is not good enough for the Manc midfield.

Dcully most utd fans know this

its a ****ing crime to have him in our midfield and that's down to fergie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

just to make it worse, having to watch it on tv3 does my head in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Tony Cascarino = Churchill the insurance selling mutt. Oh yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

rooney shoulda been off when he kicked that bayern player and injured him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

What was fergie thinking taking Carrick off, they just lost it in the midfield from then on! :mad:
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

quarryman wrote: »
    aghhhhhh! Some people need to play a sport before commenting like that...

I've read some rubbish on this form but this is just about the worse to date.

Headshot wrote: »
    hes not cut out of any ****ing games at utd

I have being shouting about this for the last 18mths now.
    Im not a Manc fan but imo Carrick is not good enough for the Manc midfield.

He's fcuking unbelievable, crap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Archimedes wrote: »
    No he's not. Dont be so thick as to use the mayhem in here as an excuse to post retarded shít like that. He's back from injury, was outstanding against Liverpool, and had an off night tonight. Grow up.

LOL just LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Ben Hibbs saying it is his ankle, not a broken bone. still not looking good for Chelsea or Bayern return.
    Should have just pm'd me, i coulda told you that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Ah it's not often it happens, but good to see United getting the result they deserve after playing so ****e!

lucky Robben was injured

from bbc lads
    Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson: "Wayne Rooney got a kick on his ankle and we're not sure how serious it is right now. He might be out of Saturday but we'll take a look at it tomorrow."

Forget the Chelski game saturday, get him back for Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

FearDark wrote: »
    I do play.

And when I twist my ankle I try and walk on it to walk it out not hold it up like that, broke my big toe playing last Thursday night and I was holding it up like that, also broke metatarsel too a few years ago and I remember holding it up like Rooney was at the end too.

If i was to bet on it Id say a broken bone in the foot. Comment wasnt made to troll, from my standpoint [arsenal fan] its good news for us. That is all.

Fair enough, well explained.

Dcully most utd fans know this

its a ****ing crime to have him in our midfield and that's down to fergie

Hehe tell me about it,identical to us Pool fans with Lucas :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Auf geht's Bayern!!! And an injured Rooney! Sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Highlight of Tv3s coverage for me was when commentator No.1 remarked about Mario Gomez not being a proven goalscorer only to be swiftly informed by commentator No.2 that he was Bayerns top scorer this season and scored 35 last season! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Yeah, theyre fair shit allright.

:rolleyes:

Never said shit. Just poor.

Poor league, poor team, poor run of results atm.
    :rolleyes::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

Vanbis wrote: »

shouldn't need wazza to beat that crowd
    a poor bayern side

Hehe tell me about it,identical to us Pool fans with Lucas :)

you know what

we'll trade carrick for lucas

do we have a deal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

LOL just LOL

The only people to be laughed at are people who say Rio Ferdinand is over rated. He was shíte tonight, but the most over rated defender in the world? Dont make me LOL.

...and try offer an opinion next time, eh? :rolleyes:

No he's not. Dont be so thick as to use the mayhem in here as an excuse to post retarded shít like that. He's back from injury, was outstanding against Liverpool, and had an off night tonight. Grow up.

I'm not being thick as you point out. I've been watching him closely since he's come back and before he got injured. Concentration levels are not up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

It could be a few weeks to recover if it's a metatarsil or bone injury. Doesn't look bad but Robben's didn't look bad and took him out for a week.

A lot of united fans here and elsewhere laughed at my pre-match anaylsis. Even the commentators are saying Bayern didn't deserve the win.

This is how Bayern perform when up against it like this. This was also a second-tier team from Bayern with this performance. Next week United will struggle to hold off Ribery & Robben, with Gomez back and (presumably) Olic out there too.

Bayern won't win easy, but it'll be tight enough to ensure that, if our defense holds out and the midfield returns to full strength (and today was strong) with Schweinsteiger back we'll keep United honest. This time, it's Bayerns game to lose.

Disagree strongly.

Its hard to take now but the away goal gives us the advantage.

The bolded bit is the big IF. That defence is shocking and if united turned up tonight the tie would be over already.

Fair play to Bayern though for not giving up and they do have a chance now but id be shocked if United did not give this team a good spanking at Old Trafford!

League way more important that the CL.

headshot, no you do not have a deal!:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson: "Wayne Rooney got a kick on his ankle and we're not sure how serious it is right now. He might be out of Saturday but we'll take a look at it tomorrow."

Doesn't seem that serious now...? Honestly thought it was a 4,5,6 week injury there. In that case I hope he plays against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

you know what

do we have a deal

Now I think you need to calm down. Thats just crazy talk :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Essien wrote: »
    Highlight of Tv3s coverage for me was when commentator No.1 remarked about Mario Gomez not being a proven goalscorer only to be swiftly informed by commentator No.2 that he was Bayerns top scorer this season and scored 35 last season! :D

Neville being right to dive and nani being a cheat was right was my fav.

Moran hates foreigners playing in england. :confused:

The only people to be laughed at are people who say Rio Ferdinand is over rated. He was shíte tonight, but the most over rated defender in the world? Dont make me LOL.

...and try offer an opinion next time, eh? :rolleyes:

lol relax man, btw ive stated my opinion in this thread.I never said a word about Ferdinand im simply laughign at your tone towards the other guy that seemed to get up your nose :)

I do play.

And when I twist my ankle I try and walk on it to walk it out not hold it up like that, broke my big toe playing last Thursday night and I was holding it up like that, also broke metatarsel too a few years ago and I remember holding it up like Rooney was at the end too.

If i was to bet on it Id say a broken bone in the foot. Comment wasnt made to troll, from my standpoint [arsenal fan] its good news for us. That is all.

Every injury where anyone has held their foot up like that automatically means a broken metatarsal.

Nice amateur diagnosis...

• Advertisement

Fergie didn't see the replay then. he didn't get a kick on the ankle

League way more important that the CL.

Somehow i dont think SAF will agree. Seriously when you looked at this game before we had a great chance of reaching the final, not so sure now.

I feel sorry for the all the Manu fans who have booked flights for the final in Madrid ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

you know what

do we have a deal

For god sake, listen to yourself :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Well played Bayern, deserved victory.

As a Chelsea fan I would be happy if Rooney didn't play Saturday, but people in here celebrating his injury is a bit pathetic.

lol relax man, btw ive stated my opinion in this thread.I never said a word about Ferdinand im simply laughign at your tone towards the other guy that seemed to get up your nose :)
    cheers for the support man..jesus..it's very tense here tonight :)

curry-muff wrote: »
    For god sake, listen to yourself :(

I hate carrick that much

Some how i dont think SAF will agree. Seriously when you looked at this game before we had a great chance of reaching the final, not so sure now.

I feel sorry for the all the Manu fans who have booked flights for Real Madrid for the final ;)
    yeah - fergie saying winning the 19th title is ingrained in him, in his blood, shows that he wants the CL more than the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Auf geht's Bayern!!! And an injured Rooney! Sweet!

Look would you lot ever fook off with your gloating comments on Rooney getting injured. Is that what it's come to on theses boards?

I'm up for a bitof banter and slagging, and by god United deserve it tonight, but WTF is with you lot "hoping he broke a bone, icing on the cake and an injured Rooney sweet".

Fcuking uncalled for and terrible to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Ah Carrick haters.

United were 1-0 up when he went off.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Osu wrote: »
    Every injury where anyone has held their foot up like that automatically means a broken metatarsal.

Nice amateur diagnosis...

Oh, theyre my exact words were they. Your the amateur.

Fair play to Bayern though for not giving up and they do have a chance now but id be shocked if United did not give this team a good spanking at Old Trafford!
    **** me, ya would have thought the pre match arrogance from some would have thought some united fans to at least try and have a bit of humility, united were second best in every department tonight, bayern will have a couple of their best players back and united may be without theirs. At least try to have some humility, united are slight favourites for the tie, but talk of spanking anyone after getting a schooling tonight is just plain arrogant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I feel sorry for the all the Manu fans who have booked flights for Real Madrid for the final ;)

I feel sorry for people who think that the capital of Spain is called Real Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

I think this guy sums it up well:
    From Dan, Newcastle, via text to 81111: "Am I the only person not panicky? We all know we can turn it up a few notches, whereas this is the absolute best Bayern can play. We'll be fine when we get them back to Old Trafford."

Boggles wrote: »
    Ah Carrick haters.

United were 1-0 up when he went off.

:D

good auld boggles never change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Whats with people claiming Rio was bad tonight????????

Bayern produced very little and were gifted two goals through no fault of either CB.

Most of Bayerns work ended with crossses being dealt with by both vidic and rio,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

It could be a few weeks to recover if it's a metatarsil or bone injury. Doesn't look bad but Robben's didn't look bad and took him out for a week.

A lot of united fans here and elsewhere laughed at my pre-match anaylsis. Even the commentators are saying Bayern didn't deserve the win.

This is how Bayern perform when up against it like this. This was also a second-tier team from Bayern with this performance. Next week United will struggle to hold off Ribery & Robben, with Gomez back and (presumably) Olic out there too.

Bayern won't win easy, but it'll be tight enough to ensure that, if our defense holds out and the midfield returns to full strength (and today was strong) with Schweinsteiger back we'll keep United honest. This time, it's Bayerns game to lose.

United we're absolutely shìte tonight and miles below their usual performance levels. Bayern had it easier tonight than they had it against Fiorentina in all honesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mr Alan wrote: »
    **** me, ya would have thought the pre match arrogance from some would have thought some united fans to at least try and have a bit of humility, united were second best in every department tonight, bayern will have a couple of their best players back and united may be without theirs. At least try to have some humility, united are slight favourites for the tie, but talk of spanking anyone after getting a schooling tonight is just plain arrogant.

I'm going for 3-0 at old trafford.

No arrogance what so ever.

Oh, theyre my exact words were they. Your the amateur.

What sort of a counter argument is that, pathetic.

And Boggles, he was useless. Admit to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Pro. F wrote: »
    United we're absolutely shìte tonight and miles below their usual performance levels. Bayern had it easier tonight than they had it against Fiorentina in all honesty.

Think Bayern deserve some credit also imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Osu wrote: »
    What sort of a counter argument is that, pathetic.

And Boggles, he was useless. Admit to it.

Everyone bar VDS was useless! Still, I expect us to win 2-0 at OT.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement