Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern Munich vs. Manchester United

Comments

Boskowski wrote: »
    What a bunch of nice people. Is it mandatory for Manu supporters to be arrogant pricks ?
    Do you always generalise? And as has been said, the answer is "Not arrogant - Just better!" :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Osu wrote: »
    You have your German and Italian mixed up there....

None of which I'm guessing you have.

I take that as a compliment with regards to my English skills.

Or not, depending on the result, I would think.

I'll pop in regardless. I can do so even in the event of a bad result because I showed respect towards the other team before the game. Only if I was dismissive and condescending it'd be too embarrassing to show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I'm just going to ignore the last 6 pages because most of it is just rubbish from both sides (though to be fair, United fans come across quite badly here, it's no wonder you're being taken to the cleaners by your owners... OHHHH :D).

I'm a Bayern fan... so here's my analysis of the game.

At this moment, on Monday evening, no one has said Robben is injured. So it's safe to assume the press fodder is just that, and that Robben will play (albeit likely in the second half only, if at all).

The main worry, for me, is not the overall performance in the last few games from Bayern. We have under-performed, but we were under-performing before the Juventus game, another tie up in the CL that we went in as underdogs and destined to lose. For me our defense is an issue. Why? Because our Argentine center back is back with his hannibal lecter mask. Demichelis is prone to mistakes. Without him our defense looked more solid then it has at any point this season with Contento in there. Lahm is one of the best defenders in the world, and van Buyten is dedicated, hard-working and brilliant... his size will also neutralise most of the Valencia crosses. The two of them will help to stop Rooney in his tracks.

Our midfield is good. Not amazing. But good. The same could be said for United. I don't hold any of the United midfielders in world-class regards, but I do hold Schweinsteiger in world class regards... at least I do when he plays well. In the last few games he has done just that. A stunning performance every time. He's also been doubling up as a central defender as part of his role, but he can still pop a ball into the danger zone on the other end of the field when needed. The problem is he won't be there for the home match tomorrow. We'll be stuck with Tymoschuck or Pranjic (more on him after). Tymo is a good player. A solid all-rounder but with little game-time and a clumsy first-touch. Van Bommel wouldn't be in a team I created, but he's there. A good leader... and good at body-checking anyone trying to get past him. He's always 100% guaranteed to get a yellow card in any given game.

Robben and Ribery are a given. Without them our attacking force is a little weak. Muller is good, but has been out of form of late. I put that down to fatigue... as with most of our teams issues. We've had a gruelling season, with a very small roster that just cannot be relied on. The bench is too small, and not talented enough to be a proper Bayern side. If either aren't there we'll be using Lahm up the wing a lot more, and Pranjic. I hate Pranjic... he's not suitable for Bayern's standards, but in the last game or two he's been good. He can swing an amazing ball into the box from the wing. He can't do anything else, literally... but he can do that one thing perfectly. That's all we'll need for 45mins.

Our striking force is shocking at the minute. We rely too much on Robben and Ribery to strike at the goal effectively. I would assume Gomez won't be playing. It's too big a game to bring him back into the team, so our "dynamo" €30mill signing won't be playing arguably the biggest game in the season. Klose is having shocking luck. He's off in the press crying for more recognition, but not scoring goals handed to him on a plate. Olic, on the other hand, had quite a decent game last Saturday (which was a bad loss because we played quite well, controlling the game with 70% possession and clumsy errors lead to a goal against us) and I would fancy him to give the United back line trouble.

If our defense stays solid we can control Rooney. Crosses coming in and set pieces will always be a problem, but our defense has been handling them very well the entire season and I don't see that being an issue here either. Our attacking can be hap-hazard but when they want to play, dear god can they play. We have real play makers on the wings and a solid defensive midfield.

Any United fans thinking United will show up, score 15 goals and walse into the final with Barca are having a laugh. In 7 games United have managed 1 win. Stop kidding yourselves. Bayern are a strong side. A very strong side. Yes, they are underdogs. Yes, they are damaged with fatigue and possibly injury, but United are just as tired. Our loss last weekend was after a cup match mid-week. And Stuttgart are in a different league to Bolton.

Ultimately, this will be a very entertaining two legs. May the best man win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

@ Boskowski, dont take much of what is said here seriously man!

you only got peoples backs up by generalising, nobody here (i hope) thinks it will be a walk in the park against Bayern.

United are justifiably favorites for the tie though

edit-also to project mayhem, could you not just have said, some united fans? why do you need to say that all united fans come across badly here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

I think United will win 27-0, Bayern couldn't score coke off a shoe salesman. Plus, Robben and Ribery are so overrated, and made of a brittle, optically transparent, amorphous solid material. Nani will score 38 goals, cos he's arrogant, and being arrogant means you're a champion.

The line-ups won't even matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I think United will win 27-0, Bayern couldn't score coke off a shoe salesman. Plus, Robben and Ribery are so overrated, and made of a brittle, optically transparent, amorphous solid material. Nani will score 38 goals, cos he's arrogant, and being arrogant means you're a champion.

The line-ups won't even matter.

It's looking very likley both of them will be out of the first leg anyway

ROFL at the assertion that none of Uniteds midfield are world class but Schweinsteiger is! lolz galore! Otherwise, a good assessment and good point about van Buytens height possibly neutralizing Valencias crosses. Though Bayern IMO should be a LOT more worried of the sheer pace of uniteds attacks from Nani, Valencia and God.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

To be honest, I am becoming less and less worried about Neville lately. He is not back to his best (he never will be imo) but he is far from the liability he had become previously.

tbh honest though Mitch I can't remember him being tested for pace in this recent run of good form. As far as I remember, we've either been dominating the opposition midfield or his opposite number has been slow. I know his positioning and defensive experience does him well but it's not likely that he's all of a sudden recovered his pace, I'm very worried that he is still a big liability.

Edit: That's not to say that I'm worried about Bayern over the two legs. I think we'll have too much for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

If our defense stays solid we can control Rooney. Crosses coming in and set pieces will always be a problem, but our defense has been handling them very well the entire season and I don't see that being an issue here either.

I wouldn't be too worried about set pieces, I think the last time we scored from a set piece was in December against Wolves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

ROFL at the assertion that none of Uniteds midfield are world class but Schweinsteiger is! lolz galore! Otherwise, a good assessment and good point about van Buytens height possibly neutralizing Valencias crosses. Though Bayern IMO should be a LOT more worried of the sheer pace of uniteds attacks from Nani, Valencia and God.

When did Messi sign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

To be honest, I am becoming less and less worried about Neville lately. He is not back to his best (he never will be imo) but he is far from the liability he had become previously.

I less worried now than I have been in previous weeks, but I'm still pretty damn nervous all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Ush1 wrote: »
    When did Messi sign?

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Diouf ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Is it mandatory for Manu supporters to be arrogant pricks ?

Is it mandatory for all Boskowskis to generalise? :pac:;)

In fairness mayhem put it much better than could have done but my bottomline is the same. We have the advantage in midfield and overall were good for a proper game but Manchester routinlely plays in champ league quarter finals and better andobviously were up against it.

In fairness mayhem put it much better than could have done but my bottomline is the same. We have the advantage in midfield and overall were good for a proper game but Manchester routinlely plays in champ league quarter finals and better andobviously were up against it.

From reading Mayhem's post I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.
    Our midfield is good. Not amazing. But good. The same could be said for United. I don't hold any of the United midfielders in world-class regards, but I do hold Schweinsteiger in world class regards...

If Bayern go 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, the midfield will consist of at least 2 of Van Bommel,Tymoschuck and Pranjic according to you post.
    We'll be stuck with Tymoschuck or Pranjic. Tymo is a good player. A solid all-rounder but with little game-time and a clumsy first-touch. Van Bommel wouldn't be in a team I created, but he's there. A good leader... and good at body-checking anyone trying to get past him. He's always 100% guaranteed to get a yellow card in any given game. I hate Pranjic... he's not suitable for Bayern's standards, but in the last game or two he's been good. He can swing an amazing ball into the box from the wing. He can't do anything else, literally... but he can do that one thing perfectly.

So you think a player with no first touch who has bearly played a game (Tymo), a player who you would have nowhere near the team (Van Bommel), and a player who "literally" can't do anything else but cross a ball (Pranjic), make up a better midfield than Park, Fletcher and Carrick!

You must not rate Fletcher, Carrick or Park very highly if thats the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Ush1 wrote: »
    When did Messi sign?

Messi isn't God mate. God is Messi. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

eZe^ wrote: »

But Messi is no Diouf now, come on, Diouf is The One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

eZe^ wrote: »

I hope he cleans up after himself then:pac:

• Advertisement

At this moment, on Monday evening, no one has said Robben is injured. So it's safe to assume the press fodder is just that, and that Robben will play (albeit likely in the second half only, if at all).

The main worry, for me, is not the overall performance in the last few games from Bayern. We have under-performed, but we were under-performing before the Juventus game, another tie up in the CL that we went in as underdogs and destined to lose. For me our defense is an issue. Why? Because our Argentine center back is back with his hannibal lecter mask. Demichelis is prone to mistakes. Without him our defense looked more solid then it has at any point this season with Contento in there. Lahm is one of the best defenders in the world, and van Buyten is dedicated, hard-working and brilliant... his size will also neutralise most of the Valencia crosses. The two of them will help to stop Rooney in his tracks.

Our midfield is good. Not amazing. But good. The same could be said for United. I don't hold any of the United midfielders in world-class regards, but I do hold Schweinsteiger in world class regards... at least I do when he plays well. In the last few games he has done just that. A stunning performance every time. He's also been doubling up as a central defender as part of his role, but he can still pop a ball into the danger zone on the other end of the field when needed. The problem is he won't be there for the home match tomorrow. We'll be stuck with Tymoschuck or Pranjic (more on him after). Tymo is a good player. A solid all-rounder but with little game-time and a clumsy first-touch. Van Bommel wouldn't be in a team I created, but he's there. A good leader... and good at body-checking anyone trying to get past him. He's always 100% guaranteed to get a yellow card in any given game.

Robben and Ribery are a given. Without them our attacking force is a little weak. Muller is good, but has been out of form of late. I put that down to fatigue... as with most of our teams issues. We've had a gruelling season, with a very small roster that just cannot be relied on. The bench is too small, and not talented enough to be a proper Bayern side. If either aren't there we'll be using Lahm up the wing a lot more, and Pranjic. I hate Pranjic... he's not suitable for Bayern's standards, but in the last game or two he's been good. He can swing an amazing ball into the box from the wing. He can't do anything else, literally... but he can do that one thing perfectly. That's all we'll need for 45mins.

Our striking force is shocking at the minute. We rely too much on Robben and Ribery to strike at the goal effectively. I would assume Gomez won't be playing. It's too big a game to bring him back into the team, so our "dynamo" €30mill signing won't be playing arguably the biggest game in the season. Klose is having shocking luck. He's off in the press crying for more recognition, but not scoring goals handed to him on a plate. Olic, on the other hand, had quite a decent game last Saturday (which was a bad loss because we played quite well, controlling the game with 70% possession and clumsy errors lead to a goal against us) and I would fancy him to give the United back line trouble.

If our defense stays solid we can control Rooney. Crosses coming in and set pieces will always be a problem, but our defense has been handling them very well the entire season and I don't see that being an issue here either. Our attacking can be hap-hazard but when they want to play, dear god can they play. We have real play makers on the wings and a solid defensive midfield.

Any United fans thinking United will show up, score 15 goals and walse into the final with Barca are having a laugh. In 7 games United have managed 1 win. Stop kidding yourselves. Bayern are a strong side. A very strong side. Yes, they are underdogs. Yes, they are damaged with fatigue and possibly injury, but United are just as tired. Our loss last weekend was after a cup match mid-week. And Stuttgart are in a different league to Bolton.

Ultimately, this will be a very entertaining two legs. May the best man win.

A fairly thorough analysis there. I agree with some of it and disagree with some of it.

One thing about the United midfield - it is far more than the sum of its parts. Some of the players are old (Giggs, Scholes), some of the players are very limited (Carrick) and overall it is lacking in top quality creativity but, imo, they're starting to show what they can achieve as a unit in the last few months. For the first time in years I'm starting to feel confident that we can go out and actually try to dominate the possession in the big games.

Something you left out of your analysis: your goalie - he's dodgy imho. He could play a big part in the tie.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Something you left out of your analysis: your goalie - he's dodgy imho. He could play a big part in the tie.

ye I heard that a few times lately but I wonder where that's coming from. Sure heis no van der Saar but he is around with bundesliga top clubs for a long long time now and while never being the wunderkind he always had a reputation of being reliable and solid. I saw him making one mistake lately - the first fiorentina goal From the rebound which he must either secure or else clear sideways. Show me a goalie who never makes a mistake. Even Kahn had the occasional booboo.

Kahn was overrated tbh ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Should be a good game; hopefully United win it at ease to give us the edge. Two important matches this week; we need to be in top form!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

So excited about this game, more so than I was for the Liverpool game even. It's weird, because this level of excitement usually doesnt kick in for me until the semi final, and I dont particularly hold Bayern up there in higher echelon of European teams at the moment, so that's not it either (no offence to Bayern, they're a good side but have just slightly slipped off of the radar in recent years). It's probably down to how the city has been linked with the worst day in the history of our club, which took place where we are playing tonight - returning to Munich once again, and how one of the best days also took place against them back in 99.

It's also slightly annoying how dismissive people were of United's achievement against Milan. Sure, they're no world beaters anymore, but to go to one of the most daunting stadiums in Europe and get the result we did, followed by the mauling we gave them back home, we should have been given more credit. People seemed to be jumping on the Barcelona bandwagon instead, who struggled to get a draw in Stuttgart and did nothing more exceptional than we did in the home leg too. The yearning for another final showdown with Barcelona is probably another factor too, and the fact that it's now possible because of the draw has probably increased that excitement. No disrespect to them, they were deserved winners last year and outplayed us thoroughly - but that was not the Man Utd us fans were used to seeing. We were robbed of a player in Darren Fletcher who I firmly believe makes us tick more than any other - there's only so much the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo could have done so much, that game was all about the midfield battle, especially considering the Barcelona midfield we were up against. The fact that Im saying missing Fletcher was the difference in a midfield battle up against Xavi and Iniesta show's how highly he is regarded at United now. But I'm not crying injustice, because the players out there should have done better but they completely misrepresented themselves, and almost every one of them were poor. Again, no disrespect to Barcelona, but it wasn't just because they were better, it was a combination of them being better and too many of our players having an off day.

As for tonight, we shouldn't worry about Ribery and Robben. We've got to do our own thing, and in Nani and Valencia we have our own wingers who can more than match them given their current form. If they are carrying injuries, it would be no harm to rough them up a wee bit at the start, make them reluctant to take on Evra and Neville. Just be careful about any bookings.

Rooney has the potential to give Demichelis and Van Buyten a torrid night. They're not the quickest defenders by any means, and although he would struggle to outjump Van Buyten especially to add to his headed goals tally, it's his positioning for the headers that gives him more of an advantage.

Park and Fletch will do the dirty work in midfield along with some nice forward bursts. Park will probably see a similar role to his Liverpool once, so I wouldnt surprised to see him get on the scoresheet. I expect us to let Bayern have the ball for the first 10 minutes or so - you get that with away legs - and then for us to do something similar to what we did in Milan. Hopefully just with cutting out the two sloppy goals. Having said that, I'm predicting a 3-0 win with the following team:

........................VDS........................

Neville......Ferdinand......Vidic........Evra

...............Fletcher...Carrick................

...Valencia..........Park...............Nani

......................Rooney.....................

Prediction: Bayern Munich 0-3 Man Utd

Goals: Nani, Rooney, Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just a thought - with the four wingers potentially on show (Nani, Val, Robben, Ribery) this could be an extremely open and attacking tie, with only Valencia having more than a passing interest in tracking back.

Could be a classic.

• Advertisement

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Should be a good game; hopefully United win it at ease to give us the edge. Two important matches this week; we need to be in top form!

Excuse me but how is winning away 'at ease' going to give you the edge?
    If you're good enough to win in Munich 'at ease' you fkn home and dry you're not having the edge then.
    An away goal with a draw would give you the edge. Or else a private gig with U2.

3-0???

yes please! could get some players off for a rest before the Chelsea game then! wont hold my breath though

i think it will probably be a close game

just hope we come through it injury free and suspension free, id take a 1-0 win, or a score draw right now cause i would be very confident of doing whatever would need to be done at OT if we dont get the right result tonight

dunno why im feeling so pessimistic today!

my team is

VDS
    Neville/Raf
    Rio
    Vida
    Evra
    Carrick:(

Fletch
    Park
    Valencia
    Giggs
    Rooney

Id like to see Nani play but i think Giggs will be included in the team, dont mind whether Nev or Raf play tbh, wouldnt mind seeing a midfield centre of Fletch,Scholes and Park but its not likely!

If you're good enough to win in Munich 'at ease' you fkn home and dry you're not having the edge then.
    An away goal with a draw would give you the edge. Or else a private gig with U2.

your quite aggressive arent you!

told ya already not to take whats said here so seriously, not good for your blood pressure pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

keane2097 wrote: »
    Just a thought - with the four wingers potentially on show (Nani, Val, Robben, Ribery) this could be an extremely open and attacking tie, with only Valencia having more than a passing interest in tracking back.

Could be a classic.

I'm afraid thats wrong. Nani worked like a trojan at the weekend, was constantly putting pressure on Bolton players. The only thing with Nani is that he gets caught ball watching some times and the full back can slip in behind him, but his work rate has been good this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

The confidence, we need that. We're also playing Chelsea on Saturday!

• Advertisement

agreed his work rate is much improved

i still think he lets the full back get in behind him too easily at times, but he has improved almost every facet of his game this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Gona go a bit Mitch here.

United to be beaten 2-1 tonight, going 2-0 down.

As long as I have been following them, they never seem to make it anyway easy for themselves.

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Nani consistantly tracks back, he's just not great at tracking the run in terms of defensive skill. He consistantly gets stuck in to his marker though.

Boggles wrote: »
    Gona go a bit Mitch here.

United to be beaten 2-1 tonight, going 2-0 down.

As long as I have been following them, they never seem to make it anyway easy for themselves.

Looking forward to it.

that was true up to a few years ago, but we haven't lost an away game since the mauling in Milan (Tabloid headline). Been a while since we have made things difficult for ourselves.

Spud83 wrote: »
    that was true up to a few years ago, but we haven't lost an away game since the mauling in Milan (Tabloid headline). Been a while since we have made things difficult for ourselves.

Hahaha. We still like to make things hard for ourselves.
    Porto??

Fulham and Liverpool last year???

Villa?

Boggles wrote: »
    Hahaha. We still like to make things hard for ourselves.
    Porto??

Fulham and Liverpool last year???

Villa?

Ah you are talking about individual games.

Porto, it was at home when we made it difficult for ourselves, but we still left us in a position where by if we win we are through. I don't think thats leaving it very difficult for ourselves. We should always be backing ourselves to in.

Now you are onto league games (I was talking about Europe). The villa game we still managed to get the result in the game.

Fulham and Liverpool? Well we ain't going to win every game. So if losing a few is making it difficult I dunno. It happens most seasons.

My point its been a while in Europe since we have given ourselves the task of over turning a deficit in the second leg.

Spud83 wrote: »
    Ah you are talking about individual games.

Porto, it was at home when we made it difficult for ourselves, but we still left us in a position where by if we win we are through. I don't think thats leaving it very difficult for ourselves. We should always be backing ourselves to in.

Now you are onto league games (I was talking about Europe). The villa game we still managed to get the result in the game.

Fulham and Liverpool? Well we ain't going to win every game. So if losing a few is making it difficult I dunno. It happens most seasons.

My point its been a while in Europe since we have given ourselves the task of over turning a deficit in the second leg.

I was talking about United in general making it hard for themselves.

2-2 draw at home against Porto, and if I remember correctly they equalised in the last minute is making things hard for us.

Home and dry in the league last season, lose 2 on the bounce and a last minute winner against Villa is making things hard for us.

Al, United like to inject excitement into doing things. Tis not a bad thing, well it is for my heart.

kryogen wrote: »
    your quite aggressive arent you!

told ya already not to take whats said here so seriously, not good for your blood pressure pal

Sorry I didn't mean to come across aggressive. Seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

PHB wrote: »
    Nani consistantly tracks back, he's just not great at tracking the run in terms of defensive skill. He consistantly gets stuck in to his marker though.

Yeah, he's been doing it since he came to the club. Unfortunately, he's not great at the actual defending bit, so he constantly gets caught out, and it's only this that gets noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Im surprised by the optimism of some of the posters here - i hope ye are proved right!

If Robben is definitely out that'll be a big bonus for us but i cant see BM playing anywhere near as poorly at home as AC did in the San Siro.

Ill take a scored draw or a win by whatever means/scoreline is necessary please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Archimedes wrote: »
    <snip>

<snip>

<snip>
    <snip>

Having said that, I'm predicting a 3-0 win with the following team:

........................VDS........................

Neville......Ferdinand......Vidic........Evra

...............Fletcher...Carrick................

...Valencia..........Park...............Nani

......................Rooney.....................

Goals: Nani O.G., Rooney, Park

FYP:P

Goals: Nani O.G., Rooney, Park
    Nulty wrote: »
    FYP:P

Nah... O.G. ain't eligible to play in the Champions League, his transfer came to late into the season for him to be included in the squad :).

ye I heard that a few times lately but I wonder where that's coming from. Sure heis no van der Saar but he is around with bundesliga top clubs for a long long time now and while never being the wunderkind he always had a reputation of being reliable and solid. I saw him making one mistake lately - the first fiorentina goal From the rebound which he must either secure or else clear sideways. Show me a goalie who never makes a mistake. Even Kahn had the occasional booboo.
    Maybe my view of him isn't balanced. I would see him infrequently enough that I could have formed an unfair impression of him. It's just the impression of him that I have that he is dodgy.
    Btw, the fact that he has been around with the top bundisliga clubs wouldn't indicate, either way, whether or not he is good enough for this level imo.
    PHB wrote: »
    Yes agree. People make the wrong assumption about Nani's defending imo. Just because he's a tricky winger who has struggled to establish himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Last nights training at the Allianz Arena

98117206.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F560296E74DBFA26129F40CEE038ADFB17F678A20D3F6F5962

98118489.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F574759AE7EBECFD62390B9BF70F3EE6AADD1C69796514C06B

98117952.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F58E6B9D37181564819F40CEE038ADFB1793DFCB1D8EFECC08

98116975.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5C13577F8F41CB6CC1D7D03DF15E624A49C7A5D1722082485

98135096.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5B93444C88F6F7C009879983657A621AEBB70FBCEFFBFAA8F

I think they should change their traning techniques tbh :D.

LoL @ United supporter in Munich

Just interviewed on SSN

"It will be tough, they have Robben, Ribery and Schwarzenegger"

Fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Bukman13 wrote: »
    98135096.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5B93444C88F6F7C009879983657A621AEBB70FBCEFFBFAA8F

I think they should change their traning techniques tbh :D.
    Looks like they're either:
    a) practicing their diving or
    b) experimenting in flying (Superhero masks and all).

Headshot wrote: »
    also could any utd player miss the 2nd leg by picking up a yellow ?

To add to that, Van Bommel and Pranjic are both 1 yellow away from missing the 2nd leg.

Bayern
    Out: None
    Doubtful: Mario Gómez (calf), Arjen Robben (calf)
    Suspended: Bastian Schweinsteiger
    Misses next match if booked: Danijel Pranjić, Mark van Bommel

• Martín Demichelis returned after several weeks out with a facial injury on Saturday.

• However Robben, a half-time substitute against VfB Stuttgart, picked up a calf problem.

Man United
    Out: Anderson (knee), Wes Brown (metatarsal), John O'Shea (thigh), Michael Owen (hamstring)
    Doubtful: none
    Suspended: none
    Misses next match if booked: Nemanja Vidić

• Jonny Evans returned after a knee injury on Saturday.

• Although former Bayern player Owen Hargreaves is nearing fitness after more than a year out with a knee injury, he is not in United's UEFA Champions League squad.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement