Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern Munich vs. Manchester United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Liam O wrote: »
    bit of a difference when everyone says oh, typical rubbish Carrick just looking for him to make a mistake so they can prove a point. Usually it's Neville too but seeing as he's been United's best player tonight they've gone full on for Carrick.

NEWSFLASH............ Carrick is ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

LOL at Jamie Redknapp going on about zonal marking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

how did your man miss that chance. criminal

adox wrote: »
    NEWSFLASH............ Carrick is ****e!

oh yeah, I forgot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Very very entertaining match from both sides. United's class will show in the end tbh, say this will end 3-1 to United.

ha ha Jose. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

oh yeah, I forgot :rolleyes:

jebus change the record liam :p

anyone see Jose there on sky sports

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I really like Nani's boots; anyone else notice them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

If I was van Gaal I would make a few changes. Tymoshchuk should have started, think he would have handled the big occasion better than the likes of Pranjic. Other than that, Bayern have a pretty poor bench, although Klose is surely a better option than Olic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

bit of a difference when everyone says oh, typical rubbish Carrick just looking for him to make a mistake so they can prove a point. Usually it's Neville too but seeing as he's been United's best player tonight they've gone full on for Carrick.

Yep... He made one mistake and everyone jumped on him.

Scholes has given the ball away more times than Carrick so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

poor jose, he has no friends :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Carrick has been piss poor since the CL final last year. I've been saying it all season but it's only become popular to say so in the last month or so, when others have started to notice. I do agree that he can get undue criticism sometimes and he won't get much credit for the good things he does, but he deserves that IMO for trying to creep under the radar for so long. He tries to be as anonymous as he can in matches, and then he'll point to distance covered and pass completion stats to defend himself, when really the "distance covered" is running in circles and the "passes complete" are 95% backpasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Just thought I would pop on to express my undying hatred for tv3's version of Bill O'Herlihy. Who is that plank anyway? Why is he so annoying? Why he is even there? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'd get Giggsy on instead of Park. He has barely had a kick, we could use the experience of Giggs. Capable of tracking back and would offer more going forward too. Nani has done well.

Very lucky that Olic missed that chance, but saying that, Rooney has had 2 chances, one very good, and Nani had the left footed shot too.

If we can push on a bit, we are well capable of scoring again. Theres no point in falling back because we aren't looking so secure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

eZe^ wrote: »
    Very very entertaining match from both sides. United's class will show in the end tbh, say this will end 3-1 to United.

Yea, I would go along with this. The game has been very similar to the Milan match in the San Siro.

• Advertisement

What's Jose saying?(on Sky I presmume)

Likes Inter, hates Italy. Basically ;)

Jose: I dont like Italian football
    Reporter: Why
    Jose: Because they dont like me

More to follow later

Don't think Ribery is worth the £60 million that they're talking about him going for, but he looks a class above all the other Bayern players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

UTD need to pull the finger out, it's only a matter of time before Bayern score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Likes Inter, hates Italy. Basically ;)
    Jose: I dont like Italian football
    Reporter: Why
    Jose: Because they dont like me

More to follow later

Yeah that...

You're welcome. Thanks over there
    >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Valmont wrote: »
    Just thought I would pop on to express my undying hatred for tv3's version of Bill O'Herlihy. Who is that plank anyway? Why is he so annoying? Why he is even there? :mad:

Mr. Super-cynical himself. He is very annoying. "Oh come on now, how could a professional football miss that?", the same reason a rugby player knocks a ball on, or an F1 driver crashes, its a bloody mistake because they are only human too :mad:

Come on lads, get it together. Not a great start to the half to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

WhAt the Fu*k Is Nani at, close there

Did a bug fly into Nani's eye there?

id be amazed if bayern dont score

we are playing absolute ****e

our midfield doesnt know the mean of holding up or passing the ball

im getting my shotgun ready for nani

niallk wrote: »
    Carrick has been piss poor since the CL final last year. I've been saying it all season but it's only become popular to say so in the last month or so, when others have started to notice. I do agree that he can get undue criticism sometimes and he won't get much credit for the good things he does, but he deserves that IMO for trying to creep under the radar for so long. He tries to be as anonymous as he can in matches, and then he'll point to distance covered and pass completion stats to defend himself, when really the "distance covered" is running in circles and the "passes complete" are 95% backpasses.

That's your opinion and if that's what you believe then I'm probably not going to change your mind but I think he does a very good job as the anchor of the team and allows his midfield partner(s) to be assured going forward and is quite capable himself going forward.

In the Arsenal game he neutralised Fabregas and played some great through balls to set up attacks and was arguably United's most important player that day. After Nani of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Munich could score soon.Utd need awakening!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

good defending from rio - Utd midfield need to get in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Embarrassing stuff from Nani.

i think this is the type of game where we need Berba to float between midfield and attack to fashion out chances.

• Advertisement

that should of been a simple pass by carrick to nani but of course he ****s it up

United giving the ball away way too often

All this pressure from Bayern.

United sure to score.

Take Nani off, please, how did they not score there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Wake up United!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

UTD need to pull the finger out, it's only a matter of time before Bayern score.

Been a bit complacent alright what with the early goal and bayern playing cr@p. In truth we've been alseep, few players tuned in but VDS way more actvie than he should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Great save from VDS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

I've never seen Fletcher let someone breeze past him so easily :mad: - what the hell are they at??

Rooney's passing has been rubbish today...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Game is crying out for valencia and giggs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

how many times is that now that a bayern player picks up the ball in their own half and waltzes through united midfield to the edge of the box unchallenged?!

manutd wrote: »
    Take Nani off, please, how did they not score there

Your Nani hating is sooo 3 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Nani with some disgusting cry-baby play-acting there a little while ago (clutching his face when he'd been touched in the chest). That's the single reason I would have Valencia over him a million times, he's just far more honourable. It disgusts me having people like Nani representing the club tbh.

What is Rooney playing at, that's twice in this game he did that.

Awful from Evra, he's having a poor game. Shocking from Nani going down holding his face.

Parks barely had a kick all game and isn't contributing much going backwards either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

i'm really worried about rest of this match never mind sat! Some very tired players out there already. It's a very laboursome performance. Fergie needs to make changes and soon. Plus is rio looks fairly sharp though

Nani has done ok tonight, don't know why you're all ragging on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Where is the midfield gone?

This is brutal. This does not bode well for Saturday :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

United seem happy to sit back and leave Bayern come at them, very dangerous - VDS has seen way too much ball for my liking, united need to defend a bit higher and stop leaving Bayern waltz through them

Midfield seem non existant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

As much as I've defended him, Michael Carrick should be fúcked out of the club in the summer given his last 2 months worth of performances.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement