Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cycling ireland

• 28-03-2010 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

700 new cycling ireland members so far this year .

looks like the sport is booming .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

jwshooter wrote: »
    700 new cycling ireland members so far this year .

looks like the sport is booming .

I'm one of these! Only joined to train with a cycle club for tri's.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

I joined for the free insurance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I think I am a member. They have accepted my membership. But haven't asked me to pay anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Bicycle Polo Ireland also got membership this year, so thats about 20 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

What are the benefits of membership? And whats the cost? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

ROK ON wrote: »
    I think I am a member. They have accepted my membership. But haven't asked me to pay anything yet?

You'll need to log into the website to pay, or else send in a cheque - they won't come asking you.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

SubLuminal wrote: »
    What are the benefits of membership? And whats the cost? :)

Fees here. Main benefit of membership is a racing license. Although non-racing membership means you don't have to take out day membership to do sportives held under the auspices of CI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Morgan wrote: »
    You'll need to log into the website to pay, or else send in a cheque - they won't come asking you.

I did that, then chose my license category.
    It then prompted me to select a payment method. When I chose card/online, it then said they would be in contact.

Still I guess its good for cycling that so any people seem to be getting out and participating in various strands of cycling.

Are we all like dentists who have taken up golf?
    Can we get a clubhouse that sells beer at a good price and opens Christmas day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

It then prompted me to select a payment method. When I chose card/online, it then said they would be in contact.

Still I guess its good for cycling that so any people seem to be getting out and participating in various strands of cycling.

You'll get another email in a few days and then when you log on again you can pay .... then they will send out a laminated licence.

When your licence is approved by your club/CI then you need to log in again to pay for it. It would be nice if the email told you this, but that's another story. In your "Profile" there will be a "Pay" link beside your new licence number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Went through this, am I waiting for someone to manually approve me before I can pay?
    Selected card/online tonight, any chance I will have my number before Sunday?

TheTubes wrote: »
    Went through this, am I waiting for someone to manually approve me before I can pay?

No chance - it'll only be approved during office hours (Monday - Friday).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

TheTubes wrote: »

yeah we only operate Mon-friday but you should get sorted next week.

Membership is continuing to grow so that is good. I suppose if you join for €10 you get insured, you also get a discount into a number of sportives particularily the An Post series. There are others. So you almost join for nothing. Also, something that a lot of us maybe havent heard about is the Subway Sprocket Rocket program which currently has 1300 children on its books. great value for an 8 weeks program for €10!!!!! I dont think these youngsters are included as members. What we need is a few Cycling summer camps on Sundrive, Orangefield Kanturk...and Corkagh park

I am planning a survey any day now where you guys hopefully will give us honest feedback about the org, what it gives you, what it doesnt, why you rejoined...why you didnt.....So please when answering dont sit on the fence;)

Advertisement