Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you / did you skip lectures at UL? :)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Had a golden week this time (in 3rd year computer systems) , add to that a 25 hour working week, showing my face in the pub every night and getting great work done on my projects

Just need to find the time to sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyMoose

Oh meant to go to that academic literacies too, but ehhh something came up :p Very last day of first year, and my first golden DAY, something wrong there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

I barely went into college at all in 2nd year, and did fine. I copped on a bit after that but still picked and chose what to attend, there are some lecturers that are poster boys for the fact that being an expert in your field doesn't mean you are good at passing your knowledge along effectively!! I agree with cson in that students are learning exactly whats required to do well in the exam and no more than that. But hey, that's life, at least with our current system. And I agree with Jimmy Moose - you're only in 1st year once. Don't be a twat, make sure you do enough to pass, preferably enough to get respectable marks, since whether it goes towards QCA or not, trust me 1st year will come back to haunt you. But god, enjoy yourself too. Most of my friends are in good professional jobs this year, and almost all of them went in drunk/missed a whole week/missed a whole module, and still came out on top in the end!! Ah the good old days!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I've a little over 20 hours a week, I've been to 5 hours since Christmas. Yes, I'm feeling it now. Not regretting it, but definitely feeling it. I've a mate who hasn't gone to anything this semester yet has managed to hand all is essays and projects in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Tis coming to the end of first year now and all the joking we'd do sitting around slagging someone who slept in and missed class;

'Ah tis a slippery slippery slope!'

Why yes, yes it is.
    I often found I'd come into college, meet a friend who ALSO wasn't gonna go to class and got uber sidetracked! Last semester? 90% This semester? 40%

Re: person complaining we're wasting taxpayers money? As long as we walk outta here with our degrees you can't complain. And anyway, a LOT of the money we take in is Fees from International students.

How about people who complain about us less motivated people come to Inorganic Chem with me!

And i think I deserve a drum roll..........I had my first golden week of first year this week :) Maths and Physics both ran classes and I made them all =D

(Please, don't ruin it for me :P)

Good luck in the exams peeps!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

In Mechanical Engineering, had a golden Semester last year, and only missed 2 lectures this year cos I'd to go somewhere with a club for intervarsities.

I happen to fricken love it out here! I've been in college and the library for 11 weeks straight, last day I took off was the Sunday of Valentines day.....for various reasons!

Advertisement