Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sensor cleaning.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

What did you use? I noticed the odd dust spot on mine, but the body shake seems to have rattled it off. Is this what you mean? or a separate cleaner/spray?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I just used the in camera sensor cleaner!! (rattler yes)
    haha
    I can't believe it worked!

Oh righty, mine rattles every time I turn it off, and gives a vibrating buzz when you go to the cleaner. Doing this after each shooting mission should keep it clean yeah? But how do I get all the dust out safely?

I use one of them pump Q-balls for dust and hold camera upside down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Thankfully, I had mine cleaned (professionally) the other day. I try to get it done twice a year (even if it doesn't need to be done). For anyone with a Canon pro camera (5D, 7D, 20-50D, 1D series), then there are free clinics (usually with ISS).

Those rocket blowers are always useful though, to blow some dust from the sensor, and the automatic sensor cleaning is basic but it can help.

• Advertisement

Paulw wrote: »
    Thankfully, I had mine cleaned (professionally) the other day. I try to get it done twice a year (even if it doesn't need to be done). For anyone with a Canon pro camera (5D, 7D, 20-50D, 1D series), then there are free clinics (usually with ISS).

Those rocket blowers are always useful though, to blow some dust from the sensor, and the automatic sensor cleaning is basic but it can help.
    Funny thing is Paul I got mine done the other day where you got yours done, so they either missed the 3 bits of dirt/grime or I got it dirty the very next day. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Dust can happen at any time. Might be today, might be tomorrow, might be the end of the year. You just never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

That ain't a dirty sensor AR!!

5D has never been great for keeping clean, but really got destroyed while I was travelling.

96DB163078324B509E473EA0B5DD3323.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

get a white piece of paper focus on it set your lens to say f16/22 and take your picture you will really see how clean/dirty your lens is

I seldom ever shoot over f5.6.
    Long exposures/tripods are not my thing.

• Advertisement

whyulittle wrote: »

5D has never been great for keeping clean, but really got destroyed while I was travelling.

I just see bubbles :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Nice job man,

I was a bit scared of cleaning my own sensor the first time i did it as a lot of people make it out to be more difficult than it is, I had it over with in a pair of minutes and have done it many times since then without ever having any trouble. :)

Holy crap! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,722 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

how things change - in the beginning i used to take such care of my camera's - now its all about durability for me - I'm just happy when the damn thing works , had so many "switch it on and pray" moments -
    Janer - you must get loads of those, after snapping them PV gigs

No, very few, I change my lens pretty carefully, it's a good habit I picked up at the very start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Is that the XP bubbles screen saver ??:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,722 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Chorcai wrote: »
    Is that the XP bubbles screen saver ??:D

i thought they were asteroids ??

Advertisement