Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaggia Classic - Cleaning Products

Options
  • 28-03-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi All,

Ive just got my Gaggia Classic, and im wondering if you can recommend some good cleaning products both to clean and descale. Does anyone know somewhere to get Puly Caff powder, and Puly descaler? Ive checked happydonkey.co.uk but they don't appear to ship here - the other UK sites Ive checked seem to be double the price.

Thanks in advance!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RossD1983

Or indeed - anyone got a good Gaggia Cleaning regime? Ill be using it 3/4 time daily. Any advice is much appreciated.!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Kenilworth Electric in Harold's Cross sell Gaggia's own cleaner.

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Kenilworth Electric in Harold's Cross sell Gaggia's own cleaner.

Thanks! Ill bear that in mind the next time im in Dublin. Anyone know of any good links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

Bewleys.ie stock Urnex cleaning products. I bought some Cafiza and Dezcal de-scaler from them a few weeks ago. was cheaper than happydonkey and was delivered the monday after the friday I ordered it.

Brilliant! Thanks a million. Do you think im better off going with the cleaning tablets or powder? Would you recommend a daily clean or is that a bit excessive?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

honestly, im just starting out on this whole espresso thingy, but i went with the powder. i think daily cleaning would be excessive. i backflush once every two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

I can't believe I never checked bewleys for the cleaning products before - way cheaper than from the UK coffee sites.

I may have to step up my cleaning regime - I've only been doing a backflush once every 2 to 3 months - which probably isn't enough considering the machine at home probably makes 10 - 15 espressos most days.

Advertisement