Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal -v- Barca, Champions league Q/Final 1st leg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

I think this is similar to The old DJ Carey ploy in Kilkenny if you listened to every report he would never have played a Championship game in his life. Arsene and Arsenal are playing up the injury.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Can't beat Paul Osam in LOI. He was doubtful for about 10 years straight yet always made the game..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/fabregas-fighting-for-place-against-barca
    Cesc Fabregas is still fighting to be fit for Wednesday’s Champions League tie against Barcelona.

There is a chance that the Arsenal captain will be available for selection against the Spanish champions. The 22-year-old continues to receive treatment for the severe bruising to his knee and leg that he suffered at Birmingham on Saturday.

* Arsenal.com hope to have more information on Tuesday afternoon following Arsène Wenger’s press conference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

jasonorr wrote: »
    I thought it was closer to 70mins myself!
    Have to say, I'm with Pepe on this one - I always thought it was in play for a little over half the time.

Which would make a figure of 48 minutes especially odd.

For what it's worth, this would suggest 50-55 minutes alright. Though the book's title wouldn't inspire confidence...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Have to say, I'm with Pepe on this one - I always thought it was in play for a little over half the time.

Which would make a figure of 48 minutes especially odd.

For what it's worth, this would suggest 50-55 minutes alright. Though the book's title wouldn't inspire confidence...

The Uefa website has mins of possession for each team, there's no real point in picking out a couple of games but, it does seem to be averaging at about 60+ minutes in play. It probably massively depends on how both teams play their football.

Damn why is this a Wednesday game??

I can't wait that long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Frisbee wrote: »
    Damn why is this a Wednesday game??

I can't wait that long!

At least it's an extra day for Fab to get fit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Song , Diaby, Fabregas

vs.

Toure, Keita, Xavi

Remarkably similar midfields, almost like Arsenal is a rawer version of Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Is Diaby fit for the match? Its a major loss if he doesn't start

• Advertisement

thorbarry wrote: »
    Is Diaby fit for the match? Its a major loss if he doesn't start

He picked up a knock so it could well be Denilson along side Song and Fab.

I really hope Busquets plays ahead of Toure too, that would be a big boost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Whats everybody doing for the match? Im going to go to the local Arsenal supporters club pub nice and early to get a good seat, have a few pints of the black stuff and enjoy what should be a masterclass of football.

I havnt drank midweek since... well I cant remember when!! Specail occasion though.

FearDark wrote: »
    Whats everybody doing for the match? Im going to go to the local Arsenal supporters club pub nice and early to get a good seat, have a few pints of the black stuff and enjoy what should be a masterclass of football.

I havnt drank midweek since... well I cant remember when!! Specail occasion though.

Was considering going to the pub don't think I'll bother, it can be good for the atmosphere but I prefer watching it in my house I think where I can actually hear the commentary.

Having said that if any of the lads get a group going to the pub I will most certainly go.

He picked up a knock so it could well be Denilson along side Song and Fab.

I wouldn't be to confident with Denilson starting, even though he's proved some people wrong the last few weeks, he doesn't make the same impact that Diaby does. I hope I am wrong tho, on his day he can be a very good player

I wouldn't be to confident with Denilson starting, even though he's proved some people wrong the last few weeks, he doesn't make the same impact that Diaby does. I hope I am wrong tho, on his day he can be a very good player

I'd much prefer Diaby to start too but Denilson wouldn't be the end of the world, he'd even give a little more protection to Sol 'Lumbering Rhinocerous' Campbell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Dunno about that, as disappointing as he's been playing lately, he's been known to turn on the style in big matches. He was a rock against Inter, Man Utd, any game he's featured for the Spanish national team, and last season against Real Madrid. (Albeit horsesh*t against Real this year)

Whether it's Keita--Toure or Busquets--Keita, both those CMF will get forward alot, as they need to compensate for Iniesta's exclusion. Toure's been class at the moment though, he was monstrously good against Stuttgart, so I'd say he'll get the nod ahead of Sergio alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

FearDark wrote: »

Judging by the weather forum, I'll be watching the match onmmy sky HD in 10 feet of snow outside. :pac:

I'd much prefer Diaby to start too but Denilson wouldn't be the end of the world, he'd even give a little more protection to Sol 'Lumbering Rhinocerous' Campbell.

Thats it, although I am certain Campbell has a few more cracking tackles left :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

This article seems to suggest that Fabregas should be ok, fingers crossed.
    Arsenal are confident Cesc Fábregas will be available to confront his former club, Barcelona, in the Champions League quarter-final on Wednesday after a scan revealed the Spain international had not suffered any serious damage to his right leg.

Huge plus that Diaby is out, one of Arsenals most dangerous players.With regards Denilson, i think the worst thing Arsenal can do is be defensive from their own perspective, but i don't think they will be.

playa3 wrote: »
    This article seems to suggest that Fabregas should be ok, fingers crossed.
    Wenger will also assess Abou Diaby who picked up a knock at Birmingham, but will be relieved that both Andrey Arshavin (knee) and Samir Nasri (groin) should be fit for the critical first leg against the reigning European champions. The latter pair started on the bench on Saturday but reported no ill-effects from their cameo appearances.

Also it looks like good news for Nasri and Arshavin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Song will be run ragged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ush1 wrote: »
    Huge plus that Diaby is out, one of Arsenals most dangerous players.With regards Denilson, i think the worst thing Arsenal can do is be defensive from their own perspective, but i don't think they will be.

Diaby isn't out for certain at all, just speculation at the moment.

I really hope he does make it as I'd like to see if he can carry his good form onto the bigger stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Diaby is fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Lads, those of you expecting a masterclass of football dont hold your breath as Barca have been playing very unbarca like football for the past 6 weeks and I see no indication that it will change come wednesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

You're some killjoy Redout.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

redout wrote: »
    Lads, those of you expecting a masterclass of football dont hold your breath as Barca have been playing very unbarca like football for the past 6 weeks and I see no indication that it will change come wednesday night.

I really think Arsenal are going to sneak the home leg , but barca will prevail overall

Barcelona not playing well, and Messi getting a hat trick 2 weeks running. I'd hate to see how Messi plays when they play bad :p

eZe^ wrote: »
    You're some killjoy Redout.

Do my best ;)

Hope it will be epic but head tells me not.

Barcelona not playing well, and Messi getting a hat trick 2 weeks running. I'd hate to see how Messi plays when they play bad :p

Messi is carrying the team. Ironic thing is that if the team were actually playing well he probably wouldnt have bagged 8 goals in 3 games inside 7 days :pac:

Almunlol

Sagna
    Campbell
    Vermaelen
    Clichy

Fab
    Song----Diaby

Nasri
    Bendtner
    Arshavin
    -V-

Ibra

Henry
    Messi

Keita
    Toure
    Xavi

--Maxwell
    Puyol
    Pique
    Alves----

Valdes

I reckon that’s a reasonable guess at the Arsenal team. As for the Barca team I’m not so sure I just guessed, could be Milito at CB just as easily but I’m guessing at a Puyol/Pique partnership.

Now I’ve been thinking since the draw that we should try and contain them, play Denilson and Eboue ahead of Arshavin and Diaby because:

If we put Eboue LW he will help Clichy out defensively a lot more than Arshavin will (plus Shava has been muck lately, although I’m hoping he’ll pick it up for the big occasion) plus Eboue won’t shirk getting forward whenever he has a chance. I also figured Denilson will provide a lot more cover for a CB pairing which is fairly dodgy as one of them is old enough to be playing Masters football.

But as the weeks have wore on I realised trying to contain Barca is fruitless. Play ten men behind the ball (Which Arsene would never do anyway) and a moment of magic from Messi, Ibra, Xavi etc will unlock your defence. Play a high line and you will be absolutely crucified. So surely the best way to try and counteract them is to take them on at their own game and attack, something which we certainly love doing. Yes Arshavin won’t provide much cover for Clichy, but he’ll certainly get forward, and if we can turn the ball over out on that side after Alves has committed himself that leaves plenty of space for Arshavin to run into and we all know he has the skills, it just depends which Andrei turns up. Diaby too will look to drive forward whenever possible and also is very good at keeping the ball, I don’t know how he does it but a lot of the time he’ll turn into an area where there’s 2 or 3 opposition players and will still come out with the ball, I won’t question it, just enjoy it.

Now for whats worrying me more than Messi. People will wax lyrical all day long about how Barca are beautiful with the ball and the deadliest team on the attack, which I do agree with, but it’s when they don’t have the ball which will play a huge factor in this game. Imo Barca are the best pressing team in Europe, from the forwards all the way down they harry the opponent constantly into making a mistake. Arsenal love to get the ball on the deck and play it about, exactly what Barca aren’t going to let them do. United and Chelsea have already proved this year that if you press high and harry Arsenal when they have the ball and don’t give them time to play that signature band of beautiful football you can nullify them.

As I think about I don’t think there’s any area of the pitch that Arsenal are better than Barcelona, except maybe Arshavin over Henry, although on his current form I’d barely rate Arshavin above Vela, having said that Henry isn’t having a great season either and it could well be Pedro that gets the nod, which would actually be worse for us, I reckon Sagna can handle Henry.

Some individual points on either team:

Arsenal:

Manuel Almunia

It’s been no secret this year just how poor this guy has been. Wenger defended him in November/December citing personal issues at home for his dip in form which is fair enough, however it really has carried on too far and surely the only viable option for this guy come the summer is a flight back to Il Segunda Division. He has good reactions (most of the time) but his concentration is woeful along with his decision making and I’m sure Barca will look to test him wherever possible.

Sol Campbell

Massive massive worry for me. He’s far too slow for a game at this level and I’ve been amazed he hasn’t seen red since he pulled on the Arsenal shirt as he certainly deserved to walk on three separate occasions at Hull, Porto and West Ham. Usually Vermaelen marks and Gallas sweeps, but I’d let Sol mark Ibra for this one. I don’t think he has the beating of Ibra, but I’d rather him up against Zlatan than have Messi running at him. Leave Sol mark and let Vermaelen lend assistance on either side to Gael or Bacary handling Messi or Henry/Pedro respectively. Thank God Eto’o doesn’t play for them anymore or I really do think we’d be crucified.

Alexandre Song

This guy has been an absolute revelation this year and should be the first name on the team sheet every game. Last season he got a lot of criticism for always going backwards with the ball. This season he’s hardly been an attacker, but when he does get the ball he’s looking more and more to go forward and it’s very rare you’ll see him mislay a pass. He’s brilliant at breaking down play be it cleanly or with a well timed small foul. Really can’t think of anyone else I’d want in there dealing with Keita/Xavi.

Francesc Fabregas

A lot is being made of his return home, next week and him coming up against his childhood club tomorrow night yada yada yada. Arsenal is his home now and there is no doubt he’s anything less than 110% committed to winning this game as Arsenal captain. Carrying a niggly knee injury (as is Diaby) but I’d expect him to be on that pitch with a broken foot if he thought he could get away with it. The kid is magic and can change a game in an instance, the battle for supremacy between himself and Xavi should be fascinating.

Andrei Arshavin

The mercurial frontman has been in sporadic form this season. Capable of turning 4 or 5 defenders inside out one minute only to blaze over an open goal (repeatedly) the next. He really needs to up his game for this tie, another Liverpool performance would be beautiful and I’d love to seethe little Russian Magician telling me to ‘sssshhhhhh’ repeatedly tomorrow night.

Barcelona:

Maxwell

This is a kid who quite impresses me and I think will be a big talent, but at the moment he can certainly be got at. Abidal isn’t going to be back as far as I know so we should be looking to get Nasri one on one with him and see what he can do. Nasri has proved over the last few weeks he can step up when needed and now is certainly a time Arsenal need him. With Bendtner occupying one centre back and the other having to keep one eye on Diaby or Cesc breaking from midfield the chance for Maxwell to get isolated if Henry/Pedro is got forward is there and is something Arsenal may look at.

Dani Alves

Arguably, I feel, the reason Messi is so good. This is a full back who likes to bomb on and his overlapping runs often draw a defender away from Messi leaving him with a one on one. However with the pace we have on the break if he gets forward and we turnover possession then this is an area we can definitely exploit.

Thierry Henry

In the worst form his career has seen over the past decade, although returning back to the club that made him a star should be sufficient reason for him to up his performance. Still capable of magic, just not as often as it would seem, it’s sad to think I’d rather him play than Pedro as he is still a legend in my eyes. Should get a brilliant reception at The Emirates.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

He has detractors, and they probably outnumber his fans. I’m sure we’ll repeatedly hear the line about he is a big game bottler and never does it in Europe. However not for no reason has this guy been the top earner in Europe over the past number of season. The old cliché ‘good feet for a big man’ was seemingly made for this guy, his skill with the ball at his feet is phenomenal and his effect on Barca this year is very obvious. They don’t score as many goals, sure, but Ibra will drop deep and provide link up play a lot more than Eto’o ever did. Three goals in his last three games is not to be sniffed at and I’m dreading the though of him putting Sol on his arse on Wednesday night… repeatedly. (Find the Sol Campbell gay joke in there if you will)

Lionel Messi

Adjectives and superlatives are running out to describe this young… can you call someone this good a man? Two consecutive La Liga hat tricks along with eleven goals in his last five games suggests he is in red hot form and we are nearly always in for something special when Messi takes the pitch. In my mind easily the best player in the world again this year, head and shoulders above anyone below him and I’m sure Arsene Wenger and particularly a certain Mr. Clichy have been waking up in cold sweats thinking about how to deal with him. Kicking him off the pitch won’t work as Real Madrid found out to their detriment last year. Doubling up on him may work, but then you leave one of Barca’s other talented attackers space, something you certainly don’t want to do. If Clichy has recaptured the form of two years ago then I feel if he played at the top of his game he could have handled Messi, but the Frenchman’s form has been poor last season and this, and although it has improved of late I have a feeling Messi is going to embarrass him.

I don’t think we have what it takes to win this game, Barca are just a much superior team than we are, and although there is no shame going out to the team who will be eventual winners of the competition in my eyes, some revenge for the last time these teams met in the Champions League would be nice.

I’m going to predict 2-3 at The Emirates with Barcelona to go through to the Semi-Finals.

• Advertisement

Barcas ace card is Valdes. Having a fantastic season. He is actually very reassuring especially in one on ones. Very happy with his form and we all know Almunias deal....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Messi is carrying the team. Ironic thing is that if the team were actually playing well he probably wouldnt have bagged 8 goals in 3 games inside 7 days :pac:

Messi not scored in the last 2, and yet there was 2 wins. The team is beginning to start clicking again just at the right time. And Xavi being back, along with Yayas form is invaluable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I'll go against the grain,

I think Arsenal will go through , Think they will win at home and are more that capable of getting that all important Away Goal .I know it will not be easy , but I just have a feeling that the Arsenal players will be suited by Barca's style/brand of football .

Oh quick question. Is this Henry first time back at the Emirates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

This is a kid who quite impresses me and I think will be a big talent

lol, he's 28.
    ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Oh quick question. Is this Henry first time back at the Emirates

Think he was at the Blackburn match.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Henry has a box :pac:

I don't really take much expectation into this game, other than hoping it'll be a spectacle and won't be one-sided (in favour of Barca anyway).

lol, he's 28.

Jayzus your right, I was thinking of Santon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Personally, I know this is controversial, but I think the Arsenal team are weak, in particular in their spine. Campbell isn't good enough at this level anymore for an open game against top opposition. Almunia is dodgy. Their midfield is good, but not great, which is why they pack the middle rather than play their preferred formation. I think the reason United and Chelsea beat them is because of this weaknesses (it must be said CB is due to injuries).

Now thier team is streets ahead of the rest of the league, and most of Europe for that matter, because when they click, they are really impressive going forward. However in defence, I think they fall down, indeed they've concedded nine more goals in the league compared to United.

For this reason, I think Barca will progress, because while Arsenal might match them in possession, they don't match them out of it, something that United and Chelsea imo could do.

gimmick wrote: »
    Messi not scored in the last 2, and yet there was 2 wins. The team is beginning to start clicking again just at the right time. And Xavi being back, along with Yayas form is invaluable.

I would say the last match was somewhat of an improvement which certainly saw Ibra's best game in months but the one before against Osasuna was a struggle. Will Toure play is the question. I would have him but its certain that Pep favours Busquets. My biggest concern is whether Pique will be passed fit or not later today. I expect Fabregas to be passed fit.

SSN: Say Arsenal will probably be without Fabregas!

EDIT: He failed to train this morning

• Advertisement

Barca 2006 -v- 2010

Victor Valdes (2006) vs Victor Valdes (2010)

Valdes was a vastly improved goalkeeper in 2006 compared to the few years prior where he would be ridiculed for making far too many howlers. But he has progressed even more now and he has come to his team’s rescue on countless occasions this term with some stunning saves. He has also completely eradicated his fumbling errors and he has safe a pair of hands as any of the world’s top shot-stoppers.

Verdict: Victor Valdes (2010)

Oleguer Presas (2006) vs Dani Alves (2010)

No one really could figure out just quite how Oleguer managed to break into Barcelona’s first team. He was hardly a favourite even amongst some of the cules and the amount of mistakes that he would make game after game was just staggering. Dani Alves, on the other hand, is the complete package of a right-back... at least for a team like Barca. He has speed, he has skill, he loves to attack, he can cross, but above all, he can defend as well.

Verdict: Dani Alves (2010)

Carles Puyol (2006) vs Carles Puyol (2010)

Four years ago, Puyol was a decent centre-back, but it was evident that he was very much an unpolished decent centre-back. His positioning and reading of the game wasn’t quite there, and he would be too reckless with his tackling. But now, he has become one of the best defenders in world football. With a calmer and wiser head on his shoulders, his understanding of the game has improved and his last-ditch tackles have almost become his trademark.

Verdict: Carles Puyol (2010)

Rafa Marquez (2006) vs Gerard Pique (2010)

This is a tough one to call. Both players provide excellent cover at the back and they can pop up and score that odd goal or two at the other end. Marquez may not surge forward as much as Pique, who constantly makes a nuisance of himself in set-pieces, but the Mexican was lethal from direct freekicks, whenever he would be given the chance to take one. But Pique just shades it because he gives Barca that extra security that no one else in the team can: height and strength.

Verdict: Gerard Pique (2010)

Gio Van Bronckhorst (2006) vs Maxwell (2010)

Van Bronckhorst, another former Arsenal player, was never the flashiest of full-backs, but one thing he was was reliable. Maxwell on the other hand, although filling in commendably for regular left-back Eric Abidal, leaves too much gaps at the back. He loves playing in the opposition half and he enjoys his football more when he can trade flicks, backheels and one-two’s with his attacking team-mates.

Verdict: Gio Van Bronckhorst (2006)

Deco (2006) vs Xavi (2010)

The Portuguese was a monumental figure in the 2006 Champions League winning side and he was unquestionably one of the best playmakers at the time. But over the last three years or so, there has been no better midfield maestro than Xavi. The Spanish international can unlock even the most water-tight of defences and he does it with majestic poise and cool. He is the heart and the brain of this Barca goliath.

Verdict: Xavi (2010)

Edmilson (2006) vs Sergio Busquets (2010)

Edmilson never really had a chance to prove himself due to the injuries he sustained during his four-year spell at the Camp Nou. But whenever he did play, he was a pivotal anchor in the Barca midfield. Busquets isn’t the most convincing of defensive midfielders but his strength lies in the fact that he is from the cantera and armed with an in-depth knowledge of the club’s footballing philosophies, he has a better and more fluid collaboration with his fellow midfielders than Edmilson ever did.

Verdict: Edmilson (2006)

Mark van Bommel (2006) vs Seydou Keita (2010)

Two very combative players but neither are really the traditional holding midfielders. Van Bommel only played a total of 24 games for the Blaugrana, but he left an indelible impression and he was one of the many unsung heroes in the Champions League-winning team. Likewise, Keita also had quite an impact in his very first year with the Catalans and into his second season now, he has only gotten better with time.

Verdict: Seydou Keita (2010)

Ludovic Giuly (2006) vs Lionel Messi (2010)

There are only a very, very small handful of footballers in the history of the game who can stand side by side with Messi, and Giuly, as important as he was to the class of 2006, certainly isn’t one of them.

Verdict: Lionel Messi (2010)

Samuel Eto’o (2006) vs Zlatan Ibrahimovic (2010)

The swap of the century. Many a Barca fan are still wondering why the club traded a proven goalscorer like ‘Samu’ for a risky acquisition like ‘Ibra’. But in truth, it’s difficult to compare the two of them. Eto’o had already spent nine years in Spain before joining Barcelona and it made his integration to Frank Rijkaard’s side all the much easier. As a result, the goals came flooding in from the get-go. Zlatan, on the other hand, is still finding it tough switching from Serie A to La Liga and although he has been scoring, his sub-par displays stick out like a sore thumb.

Verdict: Samuel Eto’o (2006)

Ronaldinho (2006) vs Thierry Henry (2010)

Just like Messi, when Ronaldinho was at his peak, there was no footballer on this planet or any other who could even compete with him. Henry was a marvellous servant for Arsenal in the eight seasons he was at the club, but even at his prime, he was some way off Dinho’s level, let alone now where he’s struggling for fitness, form and goals.

Verdict: Ronaldinho (2006)

Final Score: Barcelona 2010 win 7-4

Goal.com

van Bommel over Xavi in 2006!? Keita over Iniesta? Is that a comparison of the line-ups vs Arsenal?

No Fabregas would mean Nasri in his position and Rosicky in Nasri's.

Gallas is training today.

Gallas is training today.

Aweome, hopefully he'll be available for next week.

Tomorrow is too soon to risk him imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

[
    Ronaldinho (2006) vs Thierry Henry (2010)

Just like Messi, when Ronaldinho was at his peak, there was no footballer on this planet or any other who could even compete with him. Henry was a marvellous servant for Arsenal in the eight seasons he was at the club, but even at his prime, he was some way off Dinho’s level, let alone now where he’s struggling for fitness, form and goals.

Goal.com

Have to say I disagree with that,at the very least the "some way off" bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Sorry even as a UTD fan ,
    I believe Henry at his prime was as good as anyone .

• Advertisement

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Sorry even as a UTD fan ,
    I believe Henry at his prime was as good as anyone .

Nah, the horse was ahead of Henry. In fact he was ahead of everyone at the peak of his powers. They both played different roles during their peaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Nah, the horse was ahead of Henry. In fact he was ahead of everyone at the peak of his powers. They both played different roles during their peaks.

At no point during his career did I ever think that Sarah Jessica Parker was better than Henry......
    Keep up the dreaming !!

The team has landed at Luton

2010-03-30_VIAJE_LONDRES_09.JPG

2010-03-30_VIAJE_LONDRES_10.JPG

Wenger has just said he will give Fabregas all the way up to the warmup tomorrow night to prove his fitness.

It's brilliant the way Pep makes them all dress like him.

philippeauclair

Rumours from Spain: Xavi and Pique are 'doubtful' for tomorrow night. Bluff, double bluff, kidology.
    While Cesc did not train today and will have a fitness test tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement