Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funderland Cork

Options
  • 28-03-2010 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Does anyone know what is the cost for a ticket at Funderland this year? (i know the entrance fee is €1.50).
    Before one would pay a few euros for each ride, but now i think they have introduced one price for the use of all rides as many times as one would want to go on one! is this right or have i got this all wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

€20 for a 4 hour pass

2-6 OR 6-10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

€20 for a 4 hour pass

2-6 OR 6-10

Yep, the nephew got one of these today. 4hr pass for 20quid sounds good for any thrill junkie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i have the leaflet thing here,

its two sessions daily 2pm - 6pm & 6pm - 10pm each wristband is valid for 1 session only and are valid on day of purchase only!

€19.95 entry for regular (excludes power shot bungee ride and G-force booster)

€12.95 for junior under 1.1m in height.(excludes power shot bungee ride and G-force booster)

€59.95 for a family 2 adults and 2 Children (junior height restriction applies)(excludes power shot bungee ride and G-force booster)

and then you can pay as you go €1.50 admission and rides vary from €2-€4.50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Anyone been to funderland yet and know if top scan is there this year, or any new rides?!

Just an correction on my previous post and a word of warning!

If you buy a wristband going into funderland the ONLY ride it is not valid on is the bungee ball one(which is €8.50 per person),

as regards the G-Force (sticky wall) you can ride the ride for free with the wristband (why it says excludes g-force on the site is because even with the wristband you have to pay €1 to watch!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

(why it says excludes g-force on the site is because even with the wristband you have to pay €1 to watch!)

That's downright extortion - how can they do that?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

colblimp wrote: »

because this is Ireland, people complain about the price of something yet pay it anyway, if no-one paid they would eventually lower the price....nothing can be done until people refuse to pay.

sucks to live in Ireland colblimp hey! :(

kingtut wrote: »
    sucks to live in Ireland colblimp hey! :(

I'm actually starting to think that...

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

I was there last weekend, was my first time there so can't compare to previous visits. Was definitely worth the €20 though, we were there for a good three hours and rode everything a number of times. Great value, and top quality rides.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

bp1989 wrote: »
    we were there for a good three hours and rode everything a number of times. Great value, and top quality rides.

:pac: I'm so immature :pac:

• Advertisement

colblimp wrote: »

because the sticky wall is an indoor ride with a viewing platform above it that they can charge to access, so they do! and people pay it. Although its not really bad as the ride itself is included in the €20 ( wristband) and to be honest €21 isn't alot if you are like me and would go on everything more than once!

i think it is bad that they get away with charging €3 a ride without the wristband!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

bp1989 wrote: »
    I was there last weekend, was my first time there so can't compare to previous visits. Was definitely worth the €20 though, we were there for a good three hours and rode everything a number of times. Great value, and top quality rides.
    kingtut wrote: »
    :pac: I'm so immature :pac:

Bloody pervert :eek:

Bloody pervert :eek:

And what's wrong with that? :confused::D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Jaysus to think i paid $33 for my full day pass to 6 Flags in LA, That has 17 roller coasters!

Just putting a worldwide perspective on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Have friends down for the weekend and thinking of taking them to Funderland. Is there much rides there for kids in the 4 - 6 age bracket? Would it be worth getting the wristband for them or paying for the rides individually?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Have friends down for the weekend and thinking of taking them to Funderland. Is there much rides there for kids in the 4 - 6 age bracket? Would it be worth getting the wristband for them or paying for the rides individually?

Thanks!

I took a 2 year old yesterday and she loved it. We didn't get wristbands because we didn't arrive till gone 4. But I think we spent more than the €13 on her before 6. She went on around 7 rides. Most of the rides for that age are €2, so once they go on 7 rides or more it will be worth it. And of course they can go on as often as they like. It's also much easier to pay once at the door than getting money out for each ride. So I'd say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I took a 2 year old yesterday and she loved it. We didn't get wristbands because we didn't arrive till gone 4. But I think we spent more than the €13 on her before 6. She went on around 7 rides. Most of the rides for that age are €2, so once they go on 7 rides or more it will be worth it. And of course they can go on as often as they like. It's also much easier to pay once at the door than getting money out for each ride. So I'd say go for it.

Nice one, thanks for that info! I was out jogging that way yesterday and it seems to be pulling in the crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RobertDowney15

Really, you can ride g-force for free this year with the wristband? cus last year i had to pay €3 or €4 to ride it even though i had my wristband >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

Really, you can ride g-force for free this year with the wristband? cus last year i had to pay €3 or €4 to ride it even though i had my wristband >:(

They always seem to hold one or two rides back and people have to pay extra.
    The one good thing about the wristband is the amount of young teens wandering about in tracksuits and hoopy ear rings is kept to a minimum.

Over all Cork (and even Ireland) could do with a proper theme park. Funderland is rubbish compared to those in the UK and mainland Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RobertDowney15

Ya i went today, and g-force was free :) but tbh funderland is enough for me lol, though it would be good to have a proper theme park in ireland in cork or dublin.

And I know what you mean bout the knackers lol, a little fun fair came to macroom before and there were people getting stabbed and everything :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Miguelg6969

Hi

I'm wondering if it is worth buying the 4 hour pass? just wondering what the average amount was spent on rides by people who didn't buy the 4 hour pass?

The constant use of the word 'ride' is making thing awks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

None of the side attractions are included in the pass i don't think

Advertisement