Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track of the Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

A very nice track taken from the 'Equanimity' compilation from GPR, 1995.

Love the long atmospheric intro to this before it kicks in.

Dfuse - Libra

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Equanimity/release/91850

joker77 wrote: »
    Yea I know what you mean - back then it was pretty slow compared to a lot of the stuff I was listening to! Have you listened to any Platipus/React/Prolekult stuff recently? You're not mixing Acperience into that stuff! :D

Ha, no, definitely wouldn't have tried mixing into any Prolekult etc! Used to love that label... and Platipus, Noom etc - long time since any of those have graced their presence on the decks now though, must have an aul spin of them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

An oldie but a goodie

while I do love my prog, and I often love your posts Si - I have to say, I think that remix is pure butchery. There should be a law against messing with Tenaglia's stuff.

• Advertisement

ianuss wrote: »
    while I do love my prog, and I often love your posts Si - I have to say, I think that remix is pure butchery. There should be a law against messing with Tenaglia's stuff.

:o Funny, it was one of my favourite tracks for ages back then, having never really like the original. First heard it on a Nick Warren Global Underground mix and even played it at a few parties. Still love it ;)

more Tenaglia goodness. I'll never tire of hearing this

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

Some remix's of old skool tunes are good heres a remix of hte disco evangelists-de niro 2The dirty funker remix 2003

One of the finest slices of techno ever made.

Dave Clarke - Thunder

• Advertisement

ianuss wrote: »
    more Tenaglia goodness. I'll never tire of hearing this

Love it. From a fantastic GU album by Digweed. I'm going for this brilliant tune from Quivver before midnight;

And my tune of 09 from Faskil after midnight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

^ :D - just thinking the same given that its now Sunday technically!

Listening to this right now and decided it will definitely be my track of the day for Sunday so may as well lash it up now. Spine tingling memories of this as a young lad in 1993 being lured into electronic music by Mr Richard D James...

Dice Man - Polygon Window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

^ Yes that is good, I have seen tracks of his posted before but never listened to them for whatever reasons - I'll be grabbing that album when funds allow!

This track is called 'Rain' by Sebastian Kramer who is more well known as Redshape - I bought this 12" a couple of weeks ago and posted a track on youtube, didn't know it was Redshape till someone pointed out to me on youtube.

Anyway, great track...

http://www.discogs.com/Sebastian-Kramer-Sunwarriors/master/16164

When I hear tracks like this I really wish I was born 10 years earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Really missed my tunes while dodging bullets in Bangkok for 4 weeks :eek:
    I came accross this tune that i have not listened to in ages !
    Pure Classic!

• Advertisement

Really missed my tunes while dodging bullets in Bangkok for 4 weeks :eek:
    I came accross this tune that i have not listened to in ages !
    Pure Classic!

We used to leave the Temple of Sound probably in 1995 most weeks walking up the quays to whatever party destination and frequently singing that (or humming!) at the top of our voices... great track and one of the most defining for me of that time.

Oh and dodging bullets in Bangkok sounds like fun!

On the subject of old tracks that bring me back, this was another frequent tune in the Temple of Sound... still sends shivers through me now, love the build and typical Hardfoor break...

Robert Armani - Circus Bells (Hardfloor Remix)

Without turning this into another oldskool thread, I can't think of Circus Bells without thinking about this one...

SuprSi wrote: »
    Without turning this into another oldskool thread, I can't think of Circus Bells without thinking about this one...

I Know most people dont a favorite all time track but this is certainly a contender for me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Heard this track on the radio while driving through the hills of Ibiza last week. Beautiful summer tune. Helped to calm me down while driving (on the wrong side of the road!!) :D
    Picked up a copy of it at Chemical Records too. :)

Ray Mang - Look Into My Eyes

Anybody got any other chilled out house tracks along the same lines?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Anybody got any other chilled out house tracks along the same lines?

Just Posted this over on the new Tunes Baz
    Its kinda on the same line and the producer Dan ward aka NEGGHEAD he is based in Ibiza and plays in a club called Mambo. Not a bad tune.
    Negghead - you - k Bonus Remix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON1qPs7qObE

Cheers for that, I'll check it out when I get home.

I notice in your post above that you were in Bangkok for the last while. What was the craic with all the madness going on? I was watching it on the news recently and was thinking how the tourist trade was being affected because by the looks of it a lot of the trouble was centred around the Patpong area, which from experience is full of tourists.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Cheers for that, I'll check it out when I get home.

I notice in your post above that you were in Bangkok for the last while. What was the craic with all the madness going on? I was watching it on the news recently and was thinking how the tourist trade was being affected because by the looks of it a lot of the trouble was centred around the Patpong area, which from experience is full of tranny's.

FYP :pac:

Zascar wrote: »
    FYP :pac:

Haha. Zing! Although is Patpong not the night market? It's been a while since I was there.

Oh, and great tune Paddy. Exactly the type I was looking for. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah it is but it's thailand so its always full of hookers etc. I actually bought a really nice pair of sunglasses off a tranny in patpong! Oh and look out for a strip club nearby called "Super Pussy" - we went in, the name most certainly did NOT live up to what you'd think!

Advertisement